Michigan State

It would be in MSU's best interest to suspend Gholston themselves.

They should probably take an appropriate amount of time to "investigate" and then possibly some action next week (after the MSU-Wiscy contest).

But seriously, those were a couple very cheap shots. The punch to the throat/face was bad but the helmet twist on DR could be considered an "attempt to injure" in hockey lingo.

Does this dufus really think a camera will not pick this stuff up when he plays at a place like MSU?

To be honest, I don't think Dantonio cares. Apparently, this is the type of image he wants his program to perpetuate.

You know nothing about MSU athletics if you think Dantonio is dirty. He's the most straight up guy out there.

I agree that the face mask twist seemed out of the blue and dangerous and has to be addressed somehow. However, the punch followed a

that is conveniently edited out by all the UM fans. If you see a link to a clip of the punch that is missing the face mask that preceded it, then it was posted by some UM homeboy. I very much hope Nebraska is blessed with the same blind officiating crew. Lewan is, apparently, known for these kinds of shenanigans so I'll be back to see your opinions after the Huskers play them.

It would be in MSU's best interest to suspend Gholston themselves.

They should probably take an appropriate amount of time to "investigate" and then possibly some action next week (after the MSU-Wiscy contest).

But seriously, those were a couple very cheap shots. The punch to the throat/face was bad but the helmet twist on DR could be considered an "attempt to injure" in hockey lingo.

Does this dufus really think a camera will not pick this stuff up when he plays at a place like MSU?

To be honest, I don't think Dantonio cares. Apparently, this is the type of image he wants his program to perpetuate.

You know nothing about MSU athletics if you think Dantonio is dirty. He's the most straight up guy out there.

Fair enough. I'll take your word for it.

The whole MSU = dirty is something that has been propagated by the media and biiter UM fans because they haven't beat MSU in 4 years and want something to hang their hat on.

Was Gholson's actions out of line? Definitely. Did he deserve the one game suspension? Of course. Does this kind of stuff happen in college football? All the time.

If you watched the post game presser of the UM players and coaches, they did not seem to think anything beyond the ordinary actually happened in the MSU/UM game. The only reason it keeps getting brought up is because reporters want a story, and writing that MSU has a better team then UM won't generate buzz for their story.

The whole MSU = dirty is something that has been propagated by the media and biiter UM fans because they haven't beat MSU in 4 years and want something to hang their hat on.

Was Gholson's actions out of line? Definitely. Did he deserve the one game suspension? Of course. Does this kind of stuff happen in college football? All the time.

If you watched the post game presser of the UM players and coaches, they did not seem to think anything beyond the ordinary actually happened in the MSU/UM game. The only reason it keeps getting brought up is because reporters want a story, and writing that MSU has a better team then UM won't generate buzz for their story.

Gotta disagree with you on this one. I don't see guys getting jacked in the face on the nightly recap.

Gotta disagree with you on this one. I don't see guys getting jacked in the face on the nightly recap.

Yes - it

. I've been to every UM/MSU game for ~ 35 years and UM never misses a chance to step on a hand, twist a leg or 'accidentally' kick a player in the head as they jog by. Folks who want to jump in on the latest punch in a 100 year long feud need to get some perspective. Funny how none of the clips show the face mask that precedes the punch or the play early in the game where two UM defenders shove Baker into the benches. Or the player that 'accidentally' kicked Baker in the head when he was down. MSU got as many penalties as they deserved and then some. They payed the price in yards on the field and Gholston is getting the suspension he deserved for the face mask. The punch was nothing and wouldn't have happened if the officials had thrown the flag on the facemask that preceded it.

Yes - it

. I've been to every UM/MSU game for ~ 35 years and UM never misses a chance to step on a hand, twist a leg or 'accidentally' kick a player in the head as they jog by. Folks who want to jump in on the latest punch in a 100 year long feud need to get some perspective. Funny how none of the clips show the face mask that precedes the punch or the play early in the game where two UM defenders shove Baker into the benches. Or the player that 'accidentally' kicked Baker in the head when he was down. MSU got as many penalties as they deserved and then some. They payed the price in yards on the field and Gholston is getting the suspension he deserved for the face mask. The punch was nothing and wouldn't have happened if the officials had thrown the flag on the facemask that preceded it.

To me, the twist of the facemask was worse than the punch IMO.

Yes - it

I thought Gholston is serving his suspension for the punch, not the face mask. And this stuff doesn't happen all the time in college football. I don't turn on ABC/ESPN and see fist-fights every game I see.

As a rational fan of football I have to agree with you. These things happen, every team has a few thugs and rowdy guys who do knuckleheaded things. It's the nature of CFB these days and the kids that get recruited. I don't think you can lump all of MSU in with Gholston and say they play dirty just to play dirty. Gholston does but in my opinion the Spartans are a classy team and I love the way they play ball. Good defense, Cousins is awesome and I respect the hell out of Dantonio.

That said as a UW fan on the eve of a MSU matchup I think they're all rotten, I hate them and want to see them demolished.