No major violations against Auburn

Why am I not surprised?

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) -- The NCAA said it found no major violations committed by Auburn regarding Cam Newton or other pay-for-play allegations and has concluded multiple investigations of the football program.

The NCAA released a statement Wednesday saying it has closed its 13-month investigation into Auburn's recruitment of the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback, whose father shopped his services to another school for up to $180,000.

That's too bad. I'm not even mad at the Newtons, they just came up by playing along with the game. Auburn, on the otherhand, just got away with one of the biggest recruiting scandals in recent memory. Everyone knows what really happened and their NC will always have an asterisk attached to it.

I'm convinced Auburn is guilty as hell and deserves sanctions but I'll channel my buddy who's an Auburn grad and play Devil's Advocate. He claims that Auburn's safe because Cam never actually accepted benefits...all the dealings were with Cecil and Cam wasn't involved. Pretty sour anyway you want to look at it though and the FBI's still running that money-laundering inquiry so this is far from being done.

It really seems like somethings being swept under the rug. I've heard rumors that Tuberville (only had one bad season) was kicked to the curb because he wouldn't put up with shady stuff like this and then bam they get this coach who absolutely sucked at ISU and they suddenly turn around? Yea Malzahn is a great OC sure but its all kind of fishy.

Auburn fans have little brother syndrome bad and seeing Bama hit 13 without even having one of their own was probably the last straw. They've felt cheated out of NC's and I don't doubt they were willing to do anything to make a run.

I'm convinced Auburn is guilty as hell and deserves sanctions but I'll channel my buddy who's an Auburn grad and play Devil's Advocate. He claims that Auburn's safe because Cam never actually accepted benefits...all the dealings were with Cecil and Cam wasn't involved. Pretty sour anyway you want to look at it though and the FBI's still running that money-laundering inquiry so this is far from being done.

It really seems like somethings being swept under the rug. I've heard rumors that Tuberville (only had one bad season) was kicked to the curb because he wouldn't put up with shady stuff like this and then bam they get this coach who absolutely sucked at ISU and they suddenly turn around? Yea Malzahn is a great OC sure but its all kind of fishy.

Auburn fans have little brother syndrome bad and seeing Bama hit 13 without even having one of their own was probably the last straw. They've felt cheated out of NC's and I don't doubt they were willing to do anything to make a run.

+100 with everything you said. I can't stand Auburn for many reasons.