Cosgrove

I will say this. What exactly kind of defense do you run when you have a team that does all of the following:

1. Spread you out with as many as 5 WR's.

2. Has two big TE's

3. Has Brad Smith.

So?

A couple of things right off the top of my head. Put your faster players in the game. Put together a nickle or dime package that includes 5-6 DBs (Shanle, Green, Jackson, and Brothers) instead of LBs. Not having your MLB cover a WR 1-on-1.

People have stopped Mizzou before, its not impossible. And as we saw Saturday, its not impossible to hold Tech's offense to just a couple of scores.

Getting down 3 td's is hard to come back from, T.T and Mizzo got up big early. Cosgrove needs to be able to make changes half way thru the first 15 min not wait till all most half time. Hes not C. Mc Bride but even Mc.B had to take a few lumps early on before he could change things up quickly. He was a master at it. Granted Mc.B had to learn as he grew into the job and Cosgrove has had plenty of experience but I agree with some of our other board members. We still don't have all the players we need to stop some of the better teams, and some of these new juco's are still learning as they go. It won't be long the way this staff is recruiting that those players will soon be there. This program is coming back much faster than many people thought it would. It took ALA, USC, ND much longer to show what this team is already showing. Keep the faith after all this is the HUSKERS!!!!

GBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!