Cosgrove

So getting rid of the 3 man front does what? Give you a 4th DL so the TE can eat us up? Bull rush from the middle only to give Smith the outside lanes to run more? You tell me?

The 3man front was not the whole problem. The problem is that the 3 man front was obviously not working and no change was made. The LBs were over-pursuing and leaving the middle open. A 4man front can clog running lanes and slow a runners momentum, without having to use the LBs to do it. They need some LBs to stay home, but two were in coverage or blitzing the exterior, the other two were used to fill holes in the middle. Once Smith got by the LBs filling holes, oops nobody in the backfield.

We aren't but bitching about it isn't going to solve anything!

Youre right, lets just accept mediocrity :sarcasm Maybe we should talk with our money instead........hmmm....

Our Defense was flat beat today.  No mater what we could of done it wouldn't of mattered!

What a wonderful loser's mentality you have :thumbs I guess REAL fans just accept their team getting whooped. :sarcasm

In the 2nd Qt we had Mizzou figured out and pretty much shut down there offense. They came out in the second half and changed tactics. They waited till NU got set, then Brad Smith and all WR & backs looked to the sidelines for the offensive play. THEY DECIDED THE PLAY AFTER OUR DEFENSE WAS SET! At first I thought that was really brilliant.

Then I started asking myself, why don't we change the defensive alignment as soon as they signal in the play? Maybe not enough time? Maybe Coz never thought of that?

Whatever, we never did alter our defense that I could see!

We aren't but bitching about it isn't going to solve anything!

Youre right, lets just accept mediocrity :sarcasm Maybe we should talk with our money instead........hmmm....

Our Defense was flat beat today.  No mater what we could of done it wouldn't of mattered!

What a wonderful loser's mentality you have :thumbs I guess REAL fans just accept their team getting whooped. :sarcasm

Another great comment! Besides what do you care...I thought you were a former fan!

I think Coach Coz made a decision to take the big plays to their tight ends. (which he did by the way) But by doing that it left lanes open for Smith to pick us apart. It's not our fault that Jesus came down from the heavens and stepped into Brad Smith's jersey for 3 hours. When a guy has a game like this there's not much we can do. I tip my hat to the guy. He's absolutely brilliant sometimes. No matter what we say on this board, there's noone who could have stopped Smith today. If we rush more the tight ends kill us over the middle.

In the 2nd Qt we had Mizzou figured out and pretty much shut down there offense. They came out in the second half and changed tactics. They waited till NU got set, then Brad Smith and all WR & backs looked to the sidelines for the offensive play. THEY DECIDED THE PLAY AFTER OUR DEFENSE WAS SET! At first I thought that was really brilliant.

Then I started asking myself, why don't we change the defensive alignment as soon as they signal in the play? Maybe not enough time? Maybe Coz never thought of that?

I don't know how much we actually had missouri figured out in the 2nd quarter. It felt to me that Missouri messed up and ruined their momentum by putting Daniels in to start the 2nd quarter. I think that was a stupid call by the Missouri staff. They should of made sure that the game was wrapped up before putting in a new quarterback that killed their momemtum and let us back in the game.

That was just plain sad today. I didn't care for the 3 man front, but it looked like what was used against TT after the first quarter, bringing in LB's to blitz from different places. The D flat out sucked to start the game, made some adjustments, then appeared to get gassed. The turnovers and penalties on the offense didn't keep the D off the field long enough in the second half. I didn't check the stats yet, but I would almost bet that NU only had the ball for 10 minutes or so in the second half. That and the lack of running game coupled with bad protection for Taylor equals a loss. The D looked lost at times, and the offensive line was just that, offensive. No need to dwell on this all that long, the season is still young and lots can happen. Time to get focused on OU and make the necessary adjustments.

How were the Tuger fans DJR? I'm sure the ride home took for ever.

They were Bush League as expected. Carrying the goal posts down through campus and yelling "F*** Nebraska!" I about Kellen Huston'd one kid, screamed that crap to my girlfriend. I informed him that Missouri, is not spelled M-I-Z-Z-O-U. Idiots!(Napoleon) The 4 people in front of us left at halftime because they got sick of hearing me, though. :) The ride home sucked, rained for about half the way back.

In the 2nd Qt we had Mizzou figured out and pretty much shut down there offense.  They came out in the second half and changed tactics.  They waited till NU got set, then Brad Smith and all WR & backs looked to the sidelines for the offensive play.  THEY DECIDED THE PLAY AFTER OUR DEFENSE WAS SET!  At first I thought that was really brilliant. 

Then I started asking myself, why don't we change the defensive alignment as soon as they signal in the play?  Maybe not enough time?  Maybe Coz never thought of that? 

I don't know how much we actually had missouri figured out in the 2nd quarter. It felt to me that Missouri messed up and ruined their momentum by putting Daniels in to start the 2nd quarter. I think that was a stupid call by the Missouri staff. They should of made sure that the game was wrapped up before putting in a new quarterback that killed their momemtum and let us back in the game.

I agree gamecocks. They may have blown us out if they leave smith in and take it to us, instead they gave our defense some confidence for alil bit. I guess they put in that qb every game in first series of 2nd quarter but still, thats dumb in that kind of game.

I think Cosgrove made great adjustments (disagree with the 2 safety zone blitzes in the 2nd half, though). Overall, though, Cosgrove is doing good, we just don't have enough talent (especially in the secondary) and Brad Smith is too good. I think every team in the country knows how to covert a 3rd and long against us, just throw it up top and wait for a Husker corner to do the rest.

I like this point. Maybe it was just Brafd Smith playing an absolute fabulous game. The guy was in a zone. Almost everything he did was right. There were only a few defenses that could have stopped him yesterday.