Does an 11-2 Michigan State or Nebraska team get a BCS at-large?

It might be more likely to get an at large for the team that loses this weekend, then for the winner if they lose in the Conference Championship game. There are four at large spots and Boise will get one if they go undefeated. One will go to a SEC team, so that leaves two. With a likely two loss teams from the PAC12 Big XII or B1G getting the spots since the ACC and Big East have never gotten an at large team before and I doubt Houston gets high enough to get in. So if the cards fall right so that a B1G team can get in it might be better to lose earlier than later. Especially for Nebraska who would have lost to Wisconsin twice where as Michigan State would have split with them.

Looks right now like these teams will get BCS bids:

Bama

LSU

Stanford (assuming they either win out or lose only one game to Oregon)

Oregon (if they beat Stanford. If not, could be a stretch...)

B1G champion (Wisconsin, NU, MSU?)

Clemson

Big East Champion (Cincinnati? WV? Who knows...)

Boise State

Okie State

Oklahoma

Looks like we would have to win the B1G to get to a BCS bowl, given the national perception of our conference... We had a chance for Wisconsin to win out the regular season, then if NU or MSU were to have beaten them in the CCG, that would have been potential to override the Big12 for an at-large bid, or possibly Boise...

Needless to say, it's a mess right now, and the only way we can sort it out is to wait for the rest of the season.

Although I would hate to admit it...I think MSU would have a better shot, actually slim chance, at an AT-Large BCS Bid if thier record ends up at 11-2. However, any team that loses in the B1G championship game can probably kiss that dream good-bye. I think there is one team kind of being looked over - Penn State. Haven't really seen them played but noticed they are coming up with a tough part of shedule themselves though

I think if NU gets to 11-2 with a loss in the champ game, I think the Huskers get an invite. Remember, its bowl people who pick the teams, and I think any of them would be drooling over the Huskers with the massive fan base, they would smell a sell out. I don't know enough about MSU to say about how well the fan base travels. There is also an outside factor of how other teams do. There is still a possibility of 5 undefeated teams and a 1 loss LSU or Bama...