Fact of the Day

Excel

I smell a traveling trophey. I big bronze NU. Thinking it resides in Lincoln for a long time. Hell it will look a hell of a lot better than anything created for a "rivalry" game involving Iowa of late.

I was thinking that too. An NU trophy. And the unofficial right to be the real NU for that year.

But really, was do we care what the NW people think. We're the real NU.

And if Northwestern wins, NUance has to change his name to, um...NEBance?

This...accept the challenge! :D

Sure, why not. I've been called MUCH worse. But how about this: If NU beats Wisconsin in the CCG I think Badger_HB should change his name to BadJerk_HB. Sound good?

Past facts

Mark Dantonio has never led Michigan State to a victory west of the Mississippi river

Nebraska has not lost a home game to a team whose primary color is green since Baylor beat them in 1956.

how the heck would anyone know if these facts are true? i don't doubt you, but would like to see how you can even find this stuff.

Valid question, http://www.jhowell.n...es/Nebraska.htm and for the rest of you junkies that haven't seen it http://football.stassen.com/records/

as far as the green part? That took a while....I get bored.

The only way I can think of to verify this stat, is to go season by seaon, game by game, and look up every team's colors... If this is how it went down, I admire the dedication and patience, sir. That is impressive.

Past facts

Mark Dantonio has never led Michigan State to a victory west of the Mississippi river

Nebraska has not lost a home game to a team whose primary color is green since Baylor beat them in 1956.

how the heck would anyone know if these facts are true? i don't doubt you, but would like to see how you can even find this stuff.

Valid question, http://www.jhowell.n...es/Nebraska.htm and for the rest of you junkies that haven't seen it http://football.stassen.com/records/

as far as the green part? That took a while....I get bored.

The only way I can think of to verify this stat, is to go season by seaon, game by game, and look up every team's colors... If this is how it went down, I admire the dedication and patience, sir. That is impressive.

Assign value 1 to teams that are green. Sort by that value. Still impressive though.

Another factoid: The last time a Big 10 team came into Memorial Stadium and beat us was 30 years ago. The coach had on high-water pants with white socks, and glasses as thick as coke-bottle bottoms. And we're gonna face him again in two weeks.

Sad thing is that is my great uncle and I will still not be wishing him a win on that Saturday!!!

Fact of the day 31 October 2011:

In celebration of Halloween: Nebraska is 15-1 in games played on the 31st of October with an average score of 21-8...oh and their only loss was to... the TEXAS LONGHORNS :o:hookerhorns

Was there that night, but was too concerned with trick or treating afterwards to remember that much, but I do remember being dissapointes and Ricky Williams running wild.

Fact of the day 2 November 2011:

The Huskers are 164-78-11 against teams named after some kind of feline... Wildcats, Nittany Lions, Tigers, Cougars etc.

By my count (I may have missed a few) NU has played 12 such teams that are in the FBS.

Kansas State, Louisiana State, Clemson, Cincinnati, Auburn, Houston, Missouri, Northwestern, Penn State, Washington State, Arizona and Pittsburgh, with only three teams able to consistently best the Huskers...those teams being Pittsburgh, Penn State and Washington State.