Memorial Stadium crowd

In town for my annual game.... in section 41 this time.

Crowd was great. For an 11:00 game, it was really rockin'. Last game I went to was Kansas last year, in which that crowd was dead as a doornail.

I think we usually get up for the big ones. The crowd is never going to be as spirited for direction U as it is for a top 10 conference opponent.

In town for my annual game.... in section 41 this time.

Crowd was great. For an 11:00 game, it was really rockin'. Last game I went to was Kansas last year, in which that crowd was dead as a doornail.

I think we usually get up for the big ones. The crowd is never going to be as spirited for direction U as it is for a top 10 conference opponent.

Hey don't make fun of Northwestern like that.

Was in 16A and have been to a lot of games. I will say this was one of the loudest day games I have been too. It wasn't in the ball park of the '09 Boomer Game though. That one was straight shaking loud from 2pm that afternoon until the team left the field. That one was amazing.

The MSU game was suprising. I usually hear the down in front coming from some part of the section at least five times, but not once did I hear it. Even after the game as we were walking back to the tailgate, a couple of guys(MSU fans) were talking and I heard one say to the other, "Everyone that said Memorial Stadium is a quiet place was full of it. Obviously they have never been here."

Being loud will help disrupt Persa and Co. I hope this was not a one time thing, that being a day game that rocked.

I think I stood for all but maybe 6 or 7 plays in an area that usually has the old people bitching. I think the rest of us finally just stopped listening after the OSU game and I think maybe they figured out its good for the game when fans stand as they didn't ask once for us to be seated. The old lady next to me even had me help her up a few times since she's got a bad knee.

Honestly I couldn't have sat down for most of the game anyway because the ass behind me insists on brining in two extra kids (4 people 2 seats) and tries to make them stand on the bleachers or in the row the whole time. It was ok when they were all 4-10 years old but now two of them are like 14 or 14 and the others are nearly 8 or 9. They take up more space now.

Kudos to the crowd. Seemed like they were in it from the beginning all the way til the end. Even Urban Meyer commented on how MSU had to take a timeout due to crowd noise. Good job guys!

They were louder on Saturday than they were for Texas last year. Wish more games were like that. I had a blast and the crowd played into that too. GBR