WISCONSIN

Excel

Penn St could easily lose their next 3 games. And if OSU loses to Michigan...we're back to Wisconsin.

Yea I really doubt PSU will make it that far. Right now maybe a toss up between OSU and UW.

BTW thanks for the support guys, didn't expect much on a rival board but damn, this just sucks.

Well, we've taken our fair share of brutal shots [2009 Texas Big XII Championship] [2010 OU Big XII Championship] We know what its like. BTW, anyone hear what Musberger said during the USC-Stanford game? Made me want to kick my TV through my 10th story window.

Penn St could easily lose their next 3 games. And if OSU loses to Michigan...we're back to Wisconsin.

Yea I really doubt PSU will make it that far. Right now maybe a toss up between OSU and UW.

BTW thanks for the support guys, didn't expect much on a rival board but damn, this just sucks.

Well, we've taken our fair share of brutal shots [2009 Texas Big XII Championship] [2010 OU Big XII Championship] We know what its like. BTW, anyone hear what Musberger said during the USC-Stanford game? Made me want to kick my TV through my 10th story window.

I chuckled. He's FOR the clock running out during this game but swears up and down UT deserved the :01 back.

Nah, what'd he say? I just kind of tune him out....and geez this replay process is taking forever.

On a side note guys, turn on the Stanford game if you're not watching it

Sadly... I second this.

I'm pretty sure that any time there is an instant replay review of the final second of the game clock, all Nebraska fans are immediately drawn to that television channel by some innate 6th sense. Like farm animals sensing a storm on the way.

He said that once the clock hits zero, time can't be put back on the clock... However, there is an exception. When the University of Texas plays Nebraska in the Big 12 CCG with Dan Beebe's referees, a second can be added when the clock hits zero.

Ah I got you, not being a Nebraska diehard my ears aren't finely tuned for that BS.

He said that once the clock hits zero, time can't be put back on the clock... However, there is an exception. When the University of Texas plays Nebraska in the Big 12 CCG with Dan Beebe's referees, a second can be added when the clock hits zero.

Ah I got you, not being a Nebraska diehard my ears aren't finely tuned for that BS.

I think I can make a close comparison for you... Michigan screws you out of the conference championship game by doing the same thing. :) You know how we feel?

I think I can make a close comparison for you... Michigan screws you out of the conference championship game by doing the same thing. :) You know how we feel?

Oh yea, I feel you, I watched that game with some friends who just wanted to see a good game and we all thought it was some crap

What has happened to Wisconsin? I can't figure them out. They beat us easily and I thought they were a lock for the Rose Bowl. Sparty beats them but on a dramatic play. Now a down OSU team does the same thing a week later. I can't believe these guys may be dropping out of the top 20 real soon. I can't decide if they were just overrated, if they have been snake-bitten two weeks in a row on the road with crazy last minute plays, if we have really improved since our game with them, or if our game plan against them was completely off, etc. I tend to think we have improved some and there is some validity that our game and our playcalling got away from us against them...but still I figured Wisconsin would be at the top of the Big 10 easily this year...now it seems there are multiple teams who have a shot..

What has happened to Wisconsin? I can't figure them out. They beat us easily and I thought they were a lock for the Rose Bowl. Sparty beats them but on a dramatic play. Now a down OSU team does the same thing a week later. I can't believe these guys may be dropping out of the top 20 real soon. I can't decide if they were just overrated, if they have been snake-bitten two weeks in a row on the road with crazy last minute plays, if we have really improved since our game with them, or if our game plan against them was completely off, etc. I tend to think we have improved some and there is some validity that our game and our playcalling got away from us against them...but still I figured Wisconsin would be at the top of the Big 10 easily this year...now it seems there are multiple teams who have a shot..

I think you've got some pretty good answers there and they're all correct to a certain degree but this is what I've figured about UW after much pondering these last two weeks,

1. We can't play on the road. This has always been true of UW and pretty much true across the Big Ten. Going by my tier theory of the conference (UW, MSU, NU maybe OSU in Tier One, and down from there) a team in the higher tier can play a lower tier team on the road and win but if they play another team from their tier on the road they're probably going to lose, so far that theory holds more or less true (OSU loses at NU, NU loses at UW, UW loses at MSU, OSU and so on...)

2. We were overrated. I had this feeling early on but as a homer I shoved it into the deep dark cellar of my ego and pretended it wasn't there. Russell's good but he's no Superman. Outside of NU we played NOBODY. Our out of conference schedule is almost as bad a joke as our fourth quarter secondary. The sad thing is we may slowly creep up the rankings again with the toughest part of our year out of the way. We should win out and if we make it to the CG I'm afraid we may get embarrassed again. This happens with UW a fair amount if you look at our history, I hate to say it but most of those years we made runs we didn't really play anyone. Last year we had two road tests; at MSU (loss) and at an Iowa team (1pt win) that turned out to not be as good as everyone thought. Or look at 2006 when we went 12-1, we didn't draw OSU and our only road test was at Ann Arbor where we got thrashed.

So yea, sorry for the length but to reiterate; we don't play anyone and when we have to play "someone" on the road we lose. Ah the pain of being a UW fan. Maybe this will wear off in a few weeks and you'll get a different, more arrogant, answer out of me but for right now that's my estimation.

As far as comparing UW now to the UW team you all played in Madison I think part of it was a case of the Big Ten road jitters I was talking about. That happens to teams coming to Randall, say what you will about our fans but that house rocks at night and many teams get eaten up by the energy. Oh and sure we've been a bit snake bitten, you hit the nail on the head with that term...damn final two minutes of the fourth quarter losses!

Anyhow, On Wisconsin! Beat Minnesota and Iowa!

good luck to you guys too I guess :wasted

Prior to this season, Wisconsin never scheduled an away night game. Maybe this is why?

I don't think Wiscy is overrated, I think they got Ohio State right when they began hitting their stride again. MSU was a fluke, and Nebraska just wasn't used to the brute force attack yet of Big10 football.