Big 10 thing starting to grow on me

Husker66

I got why we moved from the Big12 to Big 10, but living within a few hours of all the Big 12 North games including Lincoln, I knew I was really going to miss NU in the Big 12 and the Big 12.

I grew up in Nebraska and Iowa and have speny my career years in Kansas City so I have been emersed in Big 8/12 country for my whole life-45 years. Was always kinda skeptical of the Big 10 and still really enjoy the Big 12 because of all the great memories, games and match ups I have seen over all these years.

I still follow the Big 12, but I gotta say I am really starting to enjoy the Big 10 like I have always enjoyed the Big 12. I circle the games each saturday I want to watch/listen to(in the deer stand) and I find myself becoming much more interested in Big 10 games where NU is not playing...couldn't wait to see UW v tOSU, followed Iowa/Minn, been hanging around Michigan games cause I know it could be THE pivitol game for us this year, and watched Joe Pa and Penn state in the snow...

One of the guys I hunt on down here is a big Iowa fan so I will be taking him and his big black/gold overstuffed coat with the big chikin head on the back to the game in Lincoln. that series is going to become one of my favorites...

I change real slowly, Dont know about you, but I am really starting to enjoy it the Big 10, and its great to be in a stable , great conference! we are blessed!

Im already starting to love the Big 10 style of football. The Ohio St. and Michingan St. games were conventional and very physical. The Big 10 plays football. And I'm starting to like the fact we kinda just play in our own league and dont really worry about the rest of the country. Like has been said, it's like the Rose IS more important than the NC.

Glad you're enjoying things. I still believe that we've fared best of any conference in the recent unrest and have picked wisely with respect to our membership. Your style of football is a good fit, and hopefully we continue to grow on each other.

You guys haven't had any trouble getting the Big Ten Network, have you?

Glad you're enjoying things. I still believe that we've fared best of any conference in the recent unrest and have picked wisely with respect to our membership. Your style of football is a good fit, and hopefully we continue to grow on each other.

Beyond true, we made the best decision in expansion by far. Would've been nice to not have Mizzou go to the SEC though.

Beyond true, we made the best decision in expansion by far. Would've been nice to not have Mizzou go to the SEC though.

Agreed! Mizzou would have also made a nice fit in the Bid Ten. As for Nebraska, they have been a perfect fit. It's hard to imagine why they were not part of the league before now.

Agreed! Mizzou would have also made a nice fit in the Bid Ten. As for Nebraska, they have been a perfect fit. It's hard to imagine why they were not part of the league before now.

I think it has something to do with the N on our helmets standing for how we supposedly all misspell a word.

DISH Network is doinking us. They wanted $27/mo more than I'm already paying to add BTN. They said it's a regional sports package, not a local one, to which I of course complained, without any success. After steaming about it for a day, I called back cancelled my DISH service all together. They told me they'd give me BTN at no cost but just until the end of the year. I cancelled anyway.

Missou would have been great! really gonna miss them.

I've got DirecTV Total Choice Plus (the, like, 180 channel option or whatever) & it's included, though I'm in east central Ohio. Not sure if the package varies by region. Was looking at switching to Dish for $ reasons - you're probably better off buying BTN a la carte on dish unless there's other channels you want.

Going to miss Missouri, but there's always an opportunity. Plus, schools like Kansas would make a good pairing with a Notre Dame addition to the Big 10. :)

Going to miss Missouri, but there's always an opportunity. Plus, schools like Kansas would make a good pairing with a Notre Dame addition to the Big 10. :)

Yep I think Kansas would be the most logical partner to ND. Good Basketball (terrible football which I'm cool with, we'd have enough powers with a ND addition) and aren't they pretty decent academically? I don't care much for ISU and REALLY don't want KSU.

To touch on Badgerfan's point, how are the rest of the "available" Big 12 schools academically? As the conference, IIRC, is also an academic alliance, I'd hate to see us add a substandard school academically just for a partner to ND. Though, as I've said for awhile (including on this board), There's no way ND comes here unless the Big East falls apart as a conference (not just football), and it seems that such an event might just be happening.