B1G 10 Divisional Race

gin_32

It's been awhile since I've started a topic so bare with me....

After yesterdays convincing win over MSU and what happened in Columbus, it seems that the race to the B1G 10 Champ. game is kind of wide open. Here is my take on it and what could possible unfold from here on out....

LEADERS DIVISION

Penn State holds thier own destiny but they are going to start thier 'meat' of the schedule. I don't have anything personal against Penn State but they really haven't played anyone outside of Alabama. The Teams that are still legit chances for the CCG - Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Ohio State and Wisconsin - Penn State doesn't either have them on thier schedule or hasn't played them yet! After watching the Illnoise game....WOW, get a field goal on this team and it's almost equivalent to a 1 touchdown cusion. They only have to win 2 of thier remaining games and they are in....hard to do but possible.

Wisconsin, what can you say about them and the two hard fought loses the past two weeks..? Somehow a rematch with them seems not as daunting. Granted, Wilson will still be a bitch to defend but if MSU and OSU can play 4 quarters and eek out a win then why can't us. They need win out and need Penn State too stumble twice and they are in. Sounds more favorable for Wisconsin.

Now the Buckeyes of Ohio State, with Braxton Miller seeming to getting into the groove as thier starting QB, thier a team that could very easily win out but would need help as well to propel them into the Championship game. On other message boards mentioned that tOSU is banned from the CCG but ESPN has them projected to a bowl game, not to sure what's the deal there? I give them a better chance to reach the CCG then Penn State but not over Wisconsin.

LEGENDS DIVISION

Michigan has to win out and hopes MSU loses once and they're in the CCG. With Nebraska and OSU still on the slate, I think they drop one of them (hopefully US). Dennard Robinson stays healthy and reduces his Completion/INT ratio then they will be hard to beat.

MSU hopes are still alive after yesterday and thier schedule seems fairly winnable from here on out, but as bad as Iowa looked yesterday against the Gophers, they seem to give MSU a run for thier money. They stuble there and they'll be sitting at home watching the CCG.

Nebraska, just like Penn State, holds thier own destiny!! Michigan seems to be the game that will make or break our inaugural B1G championship run. We get a touchdown or two on Penn State and our defense - the one that showed up yesterday - should be able to take care of the rest. Iowa......as posted on one of the MSU sites - anyone counting on Iowa winning in Lincoln is 'crazy'.

Champion Game

Wisconsin vs Nebraska - hopefully the results will be better the second time around.

So tell me what you think and if there are anything I've looked over (Besides grammar and spelling!)....please discuss...

GBR

ps. This Big Ten season has been a great ride so far and Isn't this more fun than doing senarios with the likes of K-State, Mizzery and knowing that you have to play either Oklahoma/Texas in the CCG

Ohio State is not banned from the championship game. However, if the NCAA sanctions include a bowl game ban then they may be banned from the championship game, its in the new B1G rules, but I can't remember if its a ban from any bowl game or a BCS game or what.

LEGENDS DIVISION

Michigan has to win out and hopes MSU loses once and they're in the CCG. With Nebraska and OSU still on the slate, I think they drop one of them (hopefully US). Dennard Robinson stays healthy and reduces his Completion/INT ratio then they will be hard to beat.

Its "Denard" Robinson emoticon_wink.gif

LEADERS Division:

Penn State clearly controls its own destiny. They are sitting at 5-0 and are 2 games up on Wisconsin and Ohio State, who next week play Purdue and Indiana, respectively. Both should be wins for Bucky and tOSU moving them to 3-2. Penn State then plays Nebraska, and if they lose, they will drop to 5-1. Wisconsin plays Minnesota that week and should win, propelling them to 4-2. Ohio State plays Purdue and should win, propelling them to 4-2.

So heading into the final 2 weeks:

Penn State 5-1

Ohio State 4-2

Wisconsin 4-2

Penn State plays Ohio State next week while Wisconsin plays Illinois. Should Ohio State win that game, they will clinch the Leaders Division title on the condition that they win in the final week of the year, when they play Michigan. Wisconsin beats Illinois and keeps the race interesting.

Heading into the final week:

Ohio State 5-2

Penn State 5-2

Wisconsin 5-2

In the final week of the year, Ohio State plays Michigan, Wisconsin plays Penn State. Ohio State beats Michigan, it's all over. However, I don't think they will. Michigan beats them, and now all attention is turned to the Wisconsin/Penn State matchup. Whoever wins that, will go to Indy.

Final Leaders Division Standings:

Wisconsin 6-2

Ohio State 5-3

Penn State 5-3

LEGENDS Division:

As it stands right now:

Nebraska 3-1

Michigan State 3-1

Michigan 3-1

Iowa 2-2

Next week, Michigan travels to Iowa, Nebraska hosts Northwestern, and Michigan State hosts Minnesota. Iowa pulls off an upset, Nebraska wins, and Michigan State rebounds well. So the standings now look like this:

Nebraska 4-1

Michigan State 4-1

Iowa 3-2

Michigan 3-2

The following week, Michigan travels to Illinois, Nebraska travels to Penn State, and Michigan State travels to Iowa. Michigan wins, Nebraska wins, and I think Iowa pulls off another upset [because Michigan State is on the road]. Standings now look like this:

Nebraska 5-1

Iowa 4-2

Michigan State 4-2

Michigan 4-2

Then comes a big week for the whole division. A lot can be decided on this week. Michigan State hosts Indiana, and Nebraska and Michigan play each other, Michigan being the home team. Iowa travels to Purdue. Nebraska beats Michigan and Iowa loses to Purdue, it's all over; Nebraska heads to Indy. However, I don't think Iowa loses. So the standings now look like this:

Nebraska 6-1

Iowa 5-2

Michigan State 5-2

Michigan 4-3

It comes down to the winner of the Nebraska-Iowa "Heroes Game" to determine who faces Wisconsin in Indianapolis. I think it'll be Nebraska beating Iowa, and getting a rematch against the Badgers in Indianapolis.

Final Legends Division Standings:

Nebraska 7-1

Michigan State 6-2

Iowa 5-3

Michigan 5-3

Penn State will not beat UW.

PSU is coming in after playing NU and at OSU and has never won at Randall in November EVER. UW on the other hand only has to play Illinois, Purdue and Minnesota before the game and won't be nearly as tired.

We will win our division (which shall not be named, and shame on you all for using them)

• Fire 1

When will you guys know if or when the ban takes in effect?? Either way, that miller of yours is starting to look more and more of a pain in the ass! Should be fun to see him develop throughout his tenure at tOSU - for you not US.

I am guessing it won't be until after this season, so they shouldn't be banned from anything this season, most likely will take effect next season if anything comes down.

I still think Ohio State is going to win out... The win over Michigan will seal Luke Fickell's future.

Yea I think so too. It looks like they got some mojo after blowing the big lead against us. I wouldnt be suprised to see them again in the CCG, especially since they hold the tie-breaker over Wisconsin.

I would love to meet Penn State in the title game. I seriously think we could beat them twice this year. If we drop a game in Happy Valley and still somehow make it in, I give them virtually no chance to beat us a second time.

EXACTLY! I completely agree with you. I'd say if we lose to Penn State and face either Penn State or Wisconsin in the CCG we have a GREAT chance of beating both of those teams. It's really hard to beat the same team twice in a season IMO. If I had to choose a game to lose with the rest of our schedule is has to be Penn State. Doesn't effect our race in the Legends division. We have to beat Michigan and I'm not worried about Iowa because they won't win many Legend games from here on out. We lose to Michigan and we need help getting to the CCG.

I would love to meet Penn State in the title game. I seriously think we could beat them twice this year. If we drop a game in Happy Valley and still somehow make it in, I give them virtually no chance to beat us a second time.

EXACTLY! I completely agree with you. I'd say if we lose to Penn State and face either Penn State or Wisconsin in the CCG we have a GREAT chance of beating both of those teams. It's really hard to beat the same team twice in a season IMO. If I had to choose a game to lose with the rest of our schedule is has to be Penn State. Doesn't effect our race in the Legends division. We have to beat Michigan and I'm not worried about Iowa because they won't win many Legend games from here on out. We lose to Michigan and we need help getting to the CCG.

Or you guys could just do us a big giant favor and beat PSU the first time. :D