Who all has Blackshirts?

Don't get me wrong, but, aren't the black shirts supposed to go to the starters only? I understand wanting to thank everybody, but awarding 20 kind of defeats the purpose of the blackshirts. Under this plan, a blackshirt is basically anybody on the two-deep.

i guess that is an adjustment with BO's whole earn them philosophy.

Don't get me wrong, but, aren't the black shirts supposed to go to the starters only? I understand wanting to thank everybody, but awarding 20 kind of defeats the purpose of the blackshirts. Under this plan, a blackshirt is basically anybody on the two-deep.

Im guessing it could be anyone who has significant playing time and plays a large role on defense. Just because a guy doesn't line up for the first play on defense doesn't mean he can't come in and make a huge impact. We rotate so many guys on defense so itd be hard to only give them to 11 guys.

Bo's two-deep is a little different than most teams' two-deep. Starting isn't really a big deal in this defense as there is heavy rotation during the game and the starters change from week to week. You almost have to award the two-deep because they all make significant contributions on the field.