How many big wins do we need to win back the media?

What is the original poster talking about? We're in the media all the time....we're ranked 10th in the BCS for pete's sake. We've had 5 straight abc/espn games, beat a top 10-ish team, gotten college gameday at one of our stops, etc.

We are in the media plenty, and they are plenty on our side.

really? first, Wisconsin got gameday..we are ranked 10th in the BCS, and very few people in the media chalk that up to us being a good team. My example was the Michigan State game where almost everyone wrote the game off as Mstate not showing up...we are on national television because of the conference we find ourselves in now among other things. Don't get me wrong, we get more attention than we did when we sucked, I just hate to use that as a measuring stick.

What is the original poster talking about? We're in the media all the time....we're ranked 10th in the BCS for pete's sake. We've had 5 straight abc/espn games, beat a top 10-ish team, gotten college gameday at one of our stops, etc.

really? first, Wisconsin got gameday..we are ranked 10th in the BCS, and very few people in the media chalk that up to us being a good team. My example was the Michigan State game where almost everyone wrote the game off as Mstate not showing up...we are on national television because of the conference we find ourselves in now among other things. Don't get me wrong, we get more attention than we did when we sucked, I just hate to use that as a measuring stick.

We haven't gotten as much respect as we should have for that Michigan St. win IMO. I think you can attribute the Mich. St. win to a bit of both....NEB playing a damn good game and was a better prepared team and also Mich St. being a bit gassed from all of the consecutive big games they had. I would honestly favor the former though b/c that Neb D played with their hair on fire and the offensive line was getting some solid blocks that sprang Burkhead for 130yrds rushing.

I think he's meaning when will we stop hearing about our piss-poor record against ranked teams.

The OP's point is that the media isn't on our side.

I really don't think that's the case at all. Nebraska has gotten a lot of love from the media this season (and pre-season). We're on our Big Ten honeymoon, and the coverage has been about as thorough and favorable as you could ask for, at least in my opinion.

We haven't gotten as much respect as we should have for that Michigan St. win IMO. I think you can attribute the Mich. St. win to a bit of both....NEB playing a damn good game and was a better prepared team and also Mich St. being a bit gassed from all of the consecutive big games they had. I would honestly favor the former though b/c that Neb D played with their hair on fire and the offensive line was getting some solid blocks that sprang Burkhead for 130yrds rushing.

was the first time all year I saw our Dbacks being physical at the line..that made a huge difference in my opinion.

I agree. When we win out we WILL be noticed, especially if we win big at Happy Valley and in Michigan. I think we can beat both of those teams.

Honestly, I disagree. If we win the B1G this year, all we will hear is "Oh, the big ten is just a weak conference..."

I think we need to win a BCS bowl game in impressive fashion, possibly vs. an SEC team or Oregon/Stanford.

I agree. When we win out we WILL be noticed, especially if we win big at Happy Valley and in Michigan. I think we can beat both of those teams.

Honestly, I disagree. If we win the B1G this year, all we will hear is "Oh, the big ten is just a weak conference..."

I think we need to win a BCS bowl game in impressive fashion, possibly vs. an SEC team or Oregon/Stanford.

I agree 100%

As long as the pollsters are respecting Nebraska, the media can go eff themselves.

I don't need Kirk Herbstreit gushing over what an unstoppable force Nebraska is for me to feel good about the Huskers. The commentators were gushing about what an unstoppable force the fun 'n' gun was before the '96 Fiesta Bowl, and what was the headline after the game? "The Fun 'N' Gun is Done".

I don't care if we win quietly, as long as we win.

As long as the pollsters are respecting Nebraska, the media can go eff themselves.

I don't need Kirk Herbstreit gushing over what an unstoppable force Nebraska is for me to feel good about the Huskers. The commentators were gushing about what an unstoppable force the fun 'n' gun was before the '96 Fiesta Bowl, and what was the headline after the game? "The Fun 'N' Gun is Done".

I don't care if we win quietly, as long as we win.

Exactly.

A quiet BCS championship would beat a much hyped and ballyhooed 8-4 season any day.

I'm not saying we don't deserve the lack of media attention and respect with some of the eggs we've layed, but, how many big wins do we need to get them back on our side? Im sure everyone has noticed that for most, it wasn't how well Nebraska played, but how MState didn't show up. And before you say it, yes I know that some of the media we could care less about... Herbie...

GO BIG RED

Nebraska has never been high in regards to the media, even in the mid-90's we were under estimated.