Michigan @Iowa: Who do we want to win?

Really? Has NU shown that we can stop a mobile QB?

We don't need to impress anyone with wins against a "full strngth" MI team. Hell, the gauntlet of a schedule that we have this year is enough to impress. No need to go TO Ann Arbor against a MI team brimming with confidence. That's my point.

Also, I'm not completely sold on our offense and defense. Sure we won against MSU but 0 yards passing at the 1/2 and the near inability to convert short yardage (3rd and <4) has me concerned.

IDK ..... I still think we HAVE to pass the ball better and not go with this Jekyll/Hyde offense where guys like Turner, Reed and to a certain degree Bell (all 3 weapons) don't get more touches. I think MSU blew it with their stubborness not running it more against a NU def. that dared them to run. Makes absolutely NO sense. I doubt MI will do that against that Peso

Iowa. What ever can make us better in our league, I will take it

Exactly! We are in a 3 team tie right now in the legends. Iowa is pretty much out of the pic, plus even if there were still in it I'm 100% sure that we kill them in Lincoln. MI on the road is a lot more daunting. I'd rather have a strong IA coming to Lincoln than NU going to play a strong MI on the road.

Duh!

Wins against highly ranked opponents are always good for the program but I am more concerned with playing in the B1G Championship than the ranking of our opponents when we play them.

In all reality it would be best for Iowa to beat Michigan...

The tiebreaker to move into the B1G Championship is first determined by conference record, then head-to-head, then division record.

Suppose Michigan State drops a game down the stretch (unlikely but would help Nebraska). Suppose Michigan beats Nebraska. We would head into the final week of conference play with four teams tied with two conference losses a piece. We would own the tiebreaker over Michigan State. Michigan would own the tiebreaker over us. However, Michigan would have the greatest chance of losing in the final week against Ohio State. Our destiny would be in our own hands against Iowa. The more losses a contending team has the better in my opinion.

It's a hell of a lot easier to get up for a team that has had a lot of success recently than to get up for a team with a recent loss. So I'm not buying the psychology argument. Both teams will have about the same benefit if Michigan keeps winning. If they lose, I actually think they have the advantage. They'll have a ranked team coming in and want to avenge the recent loss.

Also, it's just what I prefer. If there's a 6-5 team and a 10-1 team and we have to play them both, I will always want the 10-1 team to win. It makes for a more exciting match up in my opinion. Similarly, I always want teams to be undefeated when we play them when possible. If Nebraska had 2 losses in conference, that is the only circumstance where I would want Michigan to lose.

No matter who wins this game, we still have to beat Michigan to control our own destiny. And if Iowa wins then they've put themselves back in the race. So I'm gonna have to go with Michigan in this one, so Iowa is all but eliminated and makes the Michigan game the division title game.