Michigan @Iowa: Who do we want to win?

IMO I feel we need Iowa to win this game. We need as many people in our conference with two losses especially going into this brutal stretch. The only team I am concerned about over the last games is Michigan and that is only because of how mobile D Rob is. At the same time I feel we will be able to do what we want against their D. That game will be close!!

Don't think it matters. As far as I'm concerned with the Legends division standings the way they are, the schedules of top teams, and the tiebreakers, I have to say if we don't win out we are pretty much screwed.

So it doesn't matter who beats who, just as long as we beat everyone left on our schedule!! That's the only way we get to the B1G championship game IMO

Iowa. I live in Kansas so my animosity for the Hawkeyes is not as strong (yet) as you guys living up in Omaha. All my hatred is still for Kansas State lol. I think we can crush Iowa in Lincoln so Ill root for whatever benefits us the most and Ill take any losses that involve Michigan or Michigan State, will be rooting for both Iowa and Minnesota this week

Although having Iowa does give us a bigger cusion from Michigan for the divisional race, it doesn't do anything reguarding a MSU team waiting out in the wings. I personally would like to have a Michigan team kind knowing thier CCG title hopes are slim to none than knowing a win over Nebraska could put them in a good position to get to Indy.

On a side note, glad that the defense got thier blackshirts and seems to have received them at a great time! I know NW won't just roll over but our D will take care of business and will be focused on back to back road games.

Iowa. What ever can make us better in our league, I will take it

This.

That and NEB will most likely beat Iowa easier than Michigan. The whole mobile QB vs pocket passer thing..

Agreed. I can't believe what some of you are saying, you sound like Iowa fans who are new to this whole divisional setup thingy. Just remember last year, a friend of mine and I were discussing if we wanted Mizzou to beat A&M, and he said something about how we beat Mizzou so we had already won the division, which wasn't true. We don't make it to Dallas last year without A&M beating Mizzou. I don't think that we win out this year, so I'm hoping that Iowa beats both Michigan and Michigan St, all of us would have 2 losses (if we lose one more).

The whole strength of schedule argument is stupid since we play both teams, it won't affect it much, if at all. At this point, the SOS and BCS standing don't mean anything, since the chances of us playing in the MNC game are pretty much non-existant.

Mizzou played A&M before they played Nebraska. Then after they lost to TTech the following week. Nebraska pretty much had the division locked up since at that point it held 2 game lead technically.

My bad, it was Tech, not A&M. Anyhow, if Tech would not have beat Mizzou, they would have been 7-1 in conference, and we (after losing to A&M) would have been 6-2 and would not have been in Dallas. You have to pull for whomever gives you the best chance at making your goals. Much like rooting for CU in the 2001 CCG, it was hard to do, but it helped us in the long run.

Chances are, if we go 6-2 in conference, we will not be playing in Indy. Iowa after beating both Michigan and MSU and losing in Lincoln (if that happens) gives us a better shot at going, especially if we lose at PSU and win at Michigan. We would have head to head against both MSU and Michigan.

MICHIGAN! If you want to look stronger in your league, then it would be better to be atop your division because you beat them even though they are good than to win the division just because everybody else lost. I want a 1-loss Michigan team when we play them, and if we win, THEN we deserve to go to the CCG.

MICHIGAN! If you want to look stronger in your league, then it would be better to be atop your division because you beat them even though they are good than to win the division just because everybody else lost. I want a 1-loss Michigan team when we play them, and if we win, THEN we deserve to go to the CCG.

What part of this do you guys not get? It's not like a Big Ten team is losing to an SEC, MAC, or a PAC team, its all IN CONFERENCE. What looks worse, beating a 5-2 Iowa team, or beating a 3-4 Iowa team?

IT'S A FREAKING WASH PEOPLE!!! I'd personally rather go to Indy with a 6-2 conference record than be sitting at home with a 6-2 conference record, while a 6-2 Michigan or 6-2 MSU plays in Indy. This whole strength of schedule and "what looks better" means absolutely nothing. The SOS is determined (by and large) in your non-conference schedule, since in conference play the conference will have a .500 winning percentage. On top of that, the B1G gave us the top 3 teams from the other division, so, if Michigan or MSU (or both) lose another game, I'll take it.

What part of this do you guys not get? It's not like a Big Ten team is losing to an SEC, MAC, or a PAC team, its all IN CONFERENCE. What looks worse, beating a 5-2 Iowa team, or beating a 3-4 Iowa team?

IT'S A FREAKING WASH PEOPLE!!! I'd personally rather go to Indy with a 6-2 conference record than be sitting at home with a 6-2 conference record, while a 6-2 Michigan or 6-2 MSU plays in Indy. This whole strength of schedule and "what looks better" means absolutely nothing. The SOS is determined (by and large) in your non-conference schedule, since in conference play the conference will have a .500 winning percentage. On top of that, the B1G gave us the top 3 teams from the other division, so, if Michigan or MSU (or both) lose another game, I'll take it.

I understand what your saying 74Hunter but I'm with HuskerShark on this one. We control our own destiny and I wouldn't want it any other way. If we don't take care of business, then we don't deserve the CCG. I'm tired of being inconsequential and relying on others to boost us up. If we want it then we should take it. If not, then we can go to the whatever bowl with all the other losers that didn't do enough to earn their own way. If it isn't this year, then I am prepared to wait until it is. Therefore I want Michigan and all other B1G teams to win all of their games except when we play them. Nobody (poll voters not SOS computers) will give us any credit for beating Iowa but a higher ranked Michigan may get us a little more national attention. If we aren't good enough to do it then it also may save us embarrassment down the road. I don't want any charity or CCG's between 2 or 3 loss teams. The B1G needs an image makeover and we're just the team to help that out. I'm sick of being told how good the SEC is. No more top 20 BS, I'm talking top 5 or go home.

I understand what your saying 74Hunter but I'm with HuskerShark on this one. We control our own destiny and I wouldn't want it any other way. If we don't take care of business, then we don't deserve the CCG. I'm tired of being inconsequential and relying on others to boost us up. If we want it then we should take it. If not, then we can go to the whatever bowl with all the other losers that didn't do enough to earn their own way. If it isn't this year, then I am prepared to wait until it is. Therefore I want Michigan and all other B1G teams to win all of their games except when we play them. Nobody (poll voters not SOS computers) will give us any credit for beating Iowa but a higher ranked Michigan may get us a little more national attention. If we aren't good enough to do it then it also may save us embarrassment down the road. I don't want any charity or CCG's between 2 or 3 loss teams. The B1G needs an image makeover and we're just the team to help that out. I'm sick of being told how good the SEC is. No more top 20 BS, I'm talking top 5 or go home.

Very well put, JJHusker1. Exactly my point. We are demanding as fans (as we should be) that the Huskers return to the greatness of winning championships. This means we mow over anyone in our path, and Iowa has already had some embarrassing losses, so I would rather have Michigan win so we face a 1-loss Michigan team, and if we beat them, it makes us look that much stronger.

Personally, I think that Iowa loses to Michigan by at least 2 scores, probably 3.

Iowa. What ever can make us better in our league, I will take it

This.

That and NEB will most likely beat Iowa easier than Michigan. The whole mobile QB vs pocket passer thing..

Agreed. I can't believe what some of you are saying, you sound like Iowa fans who are new to this whole divisional setup thingy. Just remember last year, a friend of mine and I were discussing if we wanted Mizzou to beat A&M, and he said something about how we beat Mizzou so we had already won the division, which wasn't true. We don't make it to Dallas last year without A&M beating Mizzou. I don't think that we win out this year, so I'm hoping that Iowa beats both Michigan and Michigan St, all of us would have 2 losses (if we lose one more).

The whole strength of schedule argument is stupid since we play both teams, it won't affect it much, if at all. At this point, the SOS and BCS standing don't mean anything, since the chances of us playing in the MNC game are pretty much non-existant.

Mizzou played A&M before they played Nebraska. Then after they lost to TTech the following week. Nebraska pretty much had the division locked up since at that point it held 2 game lead technically.

My bad, it was Tech, not A&M. Anyhow, if Tech would not have beat Mizzou, they would have been 7-1 in conference, and we (after losing to A&M) would have been 6-2 and would not have been in Dallas. You have to pull for whomever gives you the best chance at making your goals. Much like rooting for CU in the 2001 CCG, it was hard to do, but it helped us in the long run.

Chances are, if we go 6-2 in conference, we will not be playing in Indy. Iowa after beating both Michigan and MSU and losing in Lincoln (if that happens) gives us a better shot at going, especially if we lose at PSU and win at Michigan. We would have head to head against both MSU and Michigan.

Gotchya now.

Very well put, JJHusker1. Exactly my point. We are demanding as fans (as we should be) that the Huskers return to the greatness of winning championships. This means we mow over anyone in our path, and Iowa has already had some embarrassing losses, so I would rather have Michigan win so we face a 1-loss Michigan team, and if we beat them, it makes us look that much stronger.

Personally, I think that Iowa loses to Michigan by at least 2 scores, probably 3.

So, by JJ's thinking, when we won championships in the 90's yet there were only 3 or 4 ranked teams in the conference(specifically 97, but also 94), it was much better because we had no competition, maybe play one or two tough in conference games per year and we could dominate? Somehow that was more legit? Well, I remember people cracking on us for winning a weak league, specifically people from the Big Ten. Do you feel bad about playing in the last two CCG in 09 and 10?

Again, what you are failing to realize is that if Michigan and/or Michigan State lose to Iowa, IT DOESN'T FREAKING MATTER!!!! What matters is your conference record, head to head, and then intra divisional records. Why is this so hard for some of you to get??? The B1G will not get respect that the SEC and Big 12 get, and rightfully so, until they can run off a series of many years that are comparable to what those 2 leagues have. Also, if you are so worried about supposed "respect" and "what it looks like" think of this: Iowa wins its next three. Nebraska either wins/loses to a 8-2 Michigan team who would be ranked 15-25, we already beat an MSU team that would likely be 8-3 or 9-3 and still in the top 25, but then we would be able to face an 8-3 Iowa team who had just beat 2 top 25 teams in back to back weeks, and would likely be Top 25 or Top 30. We would get a hell of alot more respect for beating that Iowa team (if we do) than we would beating a 6-5 Iowa team that looks like crap. On top of that, if the Divisional Championship were on the line for the Iowa game, it would make it worthwhile. But if a 6-5 Iowa team comes in here to play spoiler and does, or at least make it a nail biter, it would look very bad on us.

I would love to win out, win the CCG, and have our shot at getting beat by either Stanford or Oregon, but I also wouldn't mind having a little bit of a cushion going into that last weekend. Hell, I want us to dominate like we did in the good old days, but those days are over, and this team is not close to what those teams were. I will take whatever we can get right now. And being 10-2 and playing a 10-2 Wisconsin or a 9-3 O$U in the CCG, I will take that.

Wouldn't you want Michigan to win so they're more respected when you beat them?

Not_Sure_If_Serious.jpg

..........but if so, I would expect this from someone who is not accustomed to divisional play so forgive my tone, but again, in the big scheme, IT DOESN'T F'ING MATTER HOW RESPECTED ANOTHER TEAM IS!!!!!! SINCE THE MNC IS OUT OF THE QUESTION, WINNING THE DIVISION AND THE CCG ARE ALL THAT MATTER!!!! IF WE LOSE THIS WEEK, NONE OF THIS MATTERS. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang