Let's party like it's 1999!

Hi all, this is the first thread that I've started here.

In 1999 we lost a mid-season game to Texas (our only loss), then came back to crush them in the Big XII CCG en route to a #3/#2 ranking.

In 2011... it's time to do the same thing to Wisconsin!

What is it with you and history lessons...sheesh :lol:

In 1999 we lost a mid-season game to Texas (our only loss), then came back to crush them in the Big XII CCG en route to a #3/#2 ranking.

YES to this. Would love to see Wiscy again.

They're going to put the beatdown on Penn St 2 weeks after we do. It's very possible Penn St will lose to tOSU, too. Which would make things verrrrry interesting in whatever that other division's called.

Anyway, I think there's a decent chance we'll see em again.

I'll be honest, after spending a weekend in Madison and getting the verbal abuse I received at that game..I hope they lose every game they have left on their schedule. Payback for me isn't worth having to listening to a group of fans talk smack about a team who's never won anything that really matters.

What is it with you and history lessons...sheesh :lol:

Rehashing a potentially similar situation from the 1999 season is "a history lesson"?

We should have gone to play FSU that year for the national championship... but IMVHO ESPiN influenced pollsters by showing Michael Dogkiller flop into the end zone against Akron about a thousand times.

Payback for me isn't worth having to listening to a group of fans talk smack about a team who's never won anything that really matters.

Was it once or twice that they beat UCLA in the Rose Bowl?

Before USC's emergence under Cheat Carroll, the Pac was really down for about a decade.

I still feel like Wisconsin is going to come out of the Leaders, the only other team I can see possibly coming out of that division is Ohio State but I still have a hard time believing in them with how ineffective their offense can be at times. As far as I'm concerned Penn St is a fraud and is going to go winless the next three. The only game I could see NU losing is possibly at Michigan but I think that is a far stretch and feel you Huskers will be marching on to the conference title game tied with my spartans at 7-1. Rest assured as well, regardless of who represents the Legends (either MSU or NU) I have no qualms about cheering for NU and routing for guys to put a beating on the Bucks or Badgers.