Rex Burkhead

To put it simple, he is a star in Nebraska. Thats it, thats all. I see where espn B10 bloggers give him Mr Oct, which is nice and all, but Coker was reconized nationally, BIG difference. Thats what it takes to win a heisman. I am not saying Coker ever will, but he does have 2 more years after this one to punish the B10. http://www.bigten.or...nce-awards.html

Hey, this guy's back!!! I've been waiting for you, buddy, and it's especially great to learn about how Coker is better than Burkhead. That's the kind of insight we've been missing from you since the last time I saw you! Especially after Coker had such a great game last Saturday...

Remind me, who was that against?

To put it simple, he is a star in Nebraska. Thats it, thats all. I see where espn B10 bloggers give him Mr Oct, which is nice and all, but Coker was reconized nationally, BIG difference. Thats what it takes to win a heisman. I am not saying Coker ever will, but he does have 2 more years after this one to punish the B10. http://www.bigten.or...nce-awards.html

Hey, this guy's back!!! I've been waiting for you, buddy, and it's especially great to learn about how Coker is better than Burkhead. That's the kind of insight we've been missing from you since the last time I saw you! Especially after Coker had such a great game last Saturday...

Remind me, who was that against?

I never said better. I said you have to be reconized nationally. Rex is a darn good RB, the big 10 has a few of them.

...make big plays in big games.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's really, really annoying...but it's the truth. You generally have to have the long, highlight reel type runs. Although Mark Ingram might have been the exception to that, which is promising for Burkhead next year. But as was also mentioned, we have to be in serious contention for something decent title-wise, national or conference, as stupid as it is. Next year could bring that.

Would be great if they could just vote for the "best player" without all of the other baggage.

To start, Rex will get pre-season Heisman recognition next season.

And with the way our offensive line is improving, things are looking good.

But Rex cannot get serious Heisman consideration until we can pass on offense with at least mediocrity... teams will continue to play eight and nive defenders at the line.

Coker has had a good season but the only stat that he leads Rex Burkhead in is rushing yards by about 80, Rex has a better ypc, TD's. But the biggest difference is who each team played and right now Iowa State/Penn state might have been your best opponent vs ours of your choice, Wisconson, Ohio st, MSU you could even say Washington. I can only imagine the stats Burkhead would have right now with Iowa's current schedule.

To start, Rex will get pre-season Heisman recognition next season.

And with the way our offensive line is improving, things are looking good.

But Rex cannot get serious Heisman consideration until we can pass on offense with at least mediocrity... teams will continue to play eight and nive defenders at the line.

he won't get any pre-season recognition..it's just not how Bo does things. If Bo played politics, Suh would have finished higher than 4th. Wouldn't have won, but would have been closer. There's a lot of politics in the Heisman, and even more so when you're Nebraska and don't have the east-coast media riding your jock. Bo has made it clear he won't launch a "campaign". He wouldn't even declare Suh the best DL in the nation during his 09' season. Always just said things like "he's a very good football player" or "he'll be playing on sundays".

ultimately, it doesn't matter unless we win out this year. Rex's Heisman chances are as much dependent on these next 6 games as they are on next years 14. NU needs to finish strong, so they come into next year top-10. top-5 would be even better.

Coker has had a good season but the only stat that he leads Rex Burkhead in is rushing yards by about 80, Rex has a better ypc, TD's. But the biggest difference is who each team played and right now Iowa State/Penn state might have been your best opponent vs ours of your choice, Wisconson, Ohio st, MSU you could even say Washington. I can only imagine the stats Burkhead would have right now with Iowa's current schedule.

Here is the break down, like I said it's all about national reconition, as there are several very good rb's in the B10. As for espn, make up your own mind about what they say, but atleast you can admit the top 4 are all pretty darn close to each other.

http://bigtennetwork.stats.com/cfb/leaders.asp?cat=2&lg=4.

As for sos, give me a break. Out of the games you mentioned you had ONE away game, yet the 2 you mentioned for Iowa were away games. OSU down and missing guys? Wash? Really? I will say you all played MSU very well, but it was your D who won that game for you. I also noticed Coker had almost as many rushing yards against MN as the whole Husker team. You won we lost, I get that, but those rushing yards were against the exact same team. So lets compare apples to apples if you want to get into a pizzing match. I have said Rex is good and so are many other RB's in the B10, what more do you want? Sorry if I am not jumping on the Rex train, given he does not lead in any catagory.

Rex Burkhead

RexBurkheadstats.png

Trent Richardson

TrentRichardsonstats.png

Sure, he should be in the discussion, but his numbers still don't stack up with the other RB contender.

Toby Gerhart outrushed Mark Ingram in '09. Stats don't really matter that much, in my opinion. The problem is that you have a voting system that is flawed. Some of the people who vote in the Heisman race don't even watch college football, so they just vote for the guy who plays for the highest ranked team. If you had a bunch of former players (pro and college) as the only Heisman voters, Suh would have won in '09.