Bo's Dream Job isn't Ohio The State

Why would any coach worth his salt want to go to Notre Dame? Ever since ND buttoned up their academics on athletes during Holtz's tenure, they for the most part have been nonexistent. There was a reason Urban Meyer passed on his dream job and took the Florida job. One's gotta think Bo is cut from the same cloth as Bob Stoops. Stoops has been offered numerous jobs over the years, yet he's still at OU. The only way I see Bo leaving Nebraska is if when TO retires and the new AD and Bo don't see eye to eye.

Why would any coach worth his salt want to go to Notre Dame? Ever since ND buttoned up their academics on athletes during Holtz's tenure, they for the most part have been nonexistent. There was a reason Urban Meyer passed on his dream job and took the Florida job. One's gotta think Bo is cut from the same cloth as Bob Stoops. Stoops has been offered numerous jobs over the years, yet he's still at OU. The only way I see Bo leaving Nebraska is if when TO retires and the new AD and Bo don't see eye to eye.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-7528242

It's still a decent place to end up, good fan base facilities and exposure, media loves you, easy to recruit and you can schedule however you like but in a way...many of those can also be seen as disadvantages.

http://sports.yahoo....lug=ycn-7528242

It's still a decent place to end up, good fan base facilities and exposure, media loves you, easy to recruit and you can schedule however you like but in a way...many of those can also be seen as disadvantages.

Taken right from the article:

Brian Kelly(notes) is the current head coach and his record of 8-5 may be the best a Notre Dame football team can expect. The school is slowly slipping in recruiting and will soon fall out of the top ten as an elite college football coaching job.

Lou Holtz left ND because they changed their agreement with him that his recruits would be subject to different academic standards. As the article points out, the ND job will soon fall out of the top ten. I find it hard to believe it's easy to recruit to when the coach is handcuffed by the academic standards. In a couple of years, 8-5 will not be acceptable to ND and Kelly will be fired. The school and their fans expect to be in the hunt for a NC every year despite not having the best players.

this thread is even more speculative than the turner one that turned into an argument about which rb is going to transfer. why is this even being discussed. ohio st. has a good tree of coaches, why would anyone think bo would be their best choice, especially with what fickell is doing right now.

the board is getting downright silly. the only logical conclusion is to blame the huskerpediaers.

Really guys...religion....we're really doing this?

Might as well throw in Sex and Politics too...I heard Bo is a paleo-conservitive who enjoys Coprophilia so he may want to end up at Texas. Beware.

Does that mean he likes to stick his wang in dinosaur poo?

(PS: To the OP, congrats on a sort of successful troll, or something.)

Might as well throw in Sex and Politics too...I heard Bo is a paleo-conservitive who enjoys Coprophilia so he may want to end up at Texas. Beware.

he's a guy, isn't he?

he's a guy, isn't he?

I think so, but let's make sure...

Badgerfan, he's not a transvestite is he?

Why is this even an issue? When Bo had his introductory press conference after he was hired, he said Nebraska was his dream job. Is it really so hard to fathom that he was actually telling the truth?

even if all coaches say that, bo would be more believable because he had previous experience here. he was more informed than someone with no experience at a program saying that is his dream job. i think you give bo a say in the new AD, and he will never have a reason to leave.

Why is this even an issue? When Bo had his introductory press conference after he was hired, he said Nebraska was his dream job. Is it really so hard to fathom that he was actually telling the truth?

even if all coaches say that, bo would be more believable because he had previous experience here. he was more informed than someone with no experience at a program saying that is his dream job. i think you give bo a say in the new AD, and he will never have a reason to leave.

excellent point.