National Championship here we come

:facepalm:

You do know that you are in a Nebraska forum right? If you cannot take a light hearted joke, you need to grow thicker skin. I can only imagine what reactions a Nebraska fan would get by posting a face palm icon in another team's forum when that very thing had happened before. I wasn't talking smack, I was only being truthful. The opportunity was squandered. I always wish the best for the Badgers (have been following them for nearly 30 years) except when they play against Nebraska.

I agree with you... the single face palm was not appropriate...

DoubleFacepalm.jpg

I don't care who you are....that's just funny right there!!

Do we even WANT to go to the National Championship game?

Seriously, we'd likely get smoked.

I'd put my money on Bo with a month to prepare. Ye of little faith.

Against Nick Saban or Les Miles? Wow, drink the kool-aid much

Meh...Miles is beatable, I mean...the man eats grass...Saban not so much.

Meh...Miles is beatable, I mean...the man eats grass...Saban not so much.

I don't think Bo is at a point in his career that he can beat Miles yet. He will get there someday, but he is still a young head coach.

I agree on Bo, he has some things to learn, and hopefully he does get there.

I listend to Coast to coast on XM last night. Had some major blogger on from Ohio State. He stated Bo was the one they wanted if Fickell does not make it. Actually want him over Fickell. Who knows.

If I had a kid in the hunt, I would never send him to Saben. Do not like his attitude, his ethics, actually very little about him. Les is a great person, a little strange, but he treats his kids good, graduates them, only second to Vandy. The kids have fun, are not forced to endure Marine Corps boot camp year around.

He seems to recruit the talent and they make it to the pros.

Saben has been mentioned for the Ohio State job, with their money who knows, but he has very little in the honesty and loyalty category as far as I am concerned.

I don't think Bo is at a point in his career that he can beat Miles yet. He will get there someday, but he is still a young head coach.

I would agree with that.

From a talent stand point Nebraska is more than likely never going to be better than LSU - they're loaded. There was analyst yesterday who said in the 2005 MNC with Texas v. USC, 66 players from those rosters have made it to the NFL, the most from any two teams to ever play each other. This analyst believed players on the Bama and LSU rosters will eclipse that number in the next couple of years, stating he believes more than half of the defense alone will probably go in the first three rounds this year.

That means Bo has to be a better coach and get his players to execute better. Talent isn't everything. Bo has a ways to go but in the grand scheme of things he is still a very young head coach, and I'd rather we be progressing in all three phases of our game like we are rather than solely in offense or defense. Just look at Dabo Swinney. A lot of people were thinking about getting him out of Clemson, and then all of a sudden he has a top five ranking. However you're kidding yourself if you really thought that was a championship team - bad defense and it was only a matter of time before the offense got pushed around.

With Bo, especially in the coming years, I like our progression as a team.

Nope, just my opinion. There's a reason the game is played on the field; and not just on paper, between fans, or amongst the talking heads at ESPN. Anything can happen. People get so strung up on stats, prior events in the season, and they just can't see that, anything can happen.