Dan Alexander ran wild against Northwestern the last time ...

Randy York has an article detailing the Huskers flogging the Northwestern boys in the Alamodome ...

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205326430&db_oem_id=100

I was at that game in San Antonio ( Alamo bowl ) which was one of Frank Solich's last hurrahs.

The Chicago Northwestern crowd and players were talking SMACK during the opening game moments. I was sitting with quite a few Northwestern fans and they were making comments early like " SEND THEM BACK TO THE CORNFIELDS" and evidently similar comments were being made on the field. Solich was going to play nice , but decided to unleash his players , and the result was a beat down.

After taking the wind out of the Chicago Northwestern crowd , I loudly exclaimed later " SEND THEM BACK TO THE SLUMS" and the nearby NW fans who made the "CORNFIELD" comment winced ...

Playing in the Alamodome was awesome and NU is UNDEFEATED in that arena , having played quite a few games in there ...

Thoroughly enjoyed the Alamo bowl that year , and it was probably the last time Frank fielded a team that was so awesome ..

Solich's finest moment?

There aren't many times where I really wanted to see Nebraska totally rub it in.... but that was one time where it had to be done. I seem to recall that they (Northwestern) jawed like there was no tomorrow all week and had taken a couple of cheap shots or had made some questionable hits or something like that.

So we destroyed them, and to emphasize the point, we did a trick play late... was it a halfback pass with Newcombe?

Danimal was a brutal trainwreck running the ball. He could trip over a twig on the field or totally run over a LB.

Loved watching the kid play......hope he's doing well wherever his is.

GBR!!

Yeah, noticed that the hash marks tripped him a couple of times as well. Would have hated to tackle him though..!

I have been watching here for a long time and I just started posting here a while ago. Who are all of these people? I don't know any of the names posting any more. Did a lot of people just return from being away for a long time?

They're from the huskerpedia forum and decided to invade our board. Just kidding guys you are more than welcome to stay.