"Not a true Christian"

You know I wondered why Knappic as a moderator would give me a warning for slapping down a Wisconsin troll who posted " tear down Memorial stadium " and then removed a posting of mine that stood up for the NU Gray haired fans , who younger fans are now saying dont yell loud enough. In fact I was told I had STRIKE ONE.

But after reading this post by Knappic I NOW GET IT , Knappic is either an agnostic or an athiest. That explains alot ... As I am famous for sticking up for the bible and our Maker. I was wondering what I had done to get Knappics ire , and now I have figured it out. It just goes to show that ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY.

Oh well , I will let Knappic make Anti Christian statements like that , and let him lead his own life like he does , and I will lead my life through Christ , and that is good enough for myself.

I guess what it comes down to is on any board you post on , the mods have their perks and beliefs and instead of exchanging thoughtful talk about it , they cant hang with someone who shoots down their own views on life. Usually what I find is those on these boards who shoot down their own MAKERS rules on life , is that THEY LEAD AN ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE , THAT THE BIBLE AND OUR SOCIETY LOOKS AT AS PERVERSE. Isnt it funny that the ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE CROWD always finds so much wrong with the Bible and their MAKERS RULES , when actually it comes down to Gods and the Bibles views and rules as far as what is NATURAL AND WHAT IS PERVERSE ? Things that make you go hmmmm...

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

So they group together on these websites and try and throw their own perverse lifestyle on others , WHO KNOW BETTER . What a punk ... Great Red One is moving on , hope you all have a great holiday season , and just remember , DONT TAKE THE CHRIST OUT OF CHRISTMAS .... Now go ahead and ban me or whatever makes your day Knappic , cause in the end , ( THE GREAT MODERATOR ) God will deal with you ...

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER . Oh by the way , Knappic took down a posting of mine that basically said without any foul language that the Blue hairs that bought and paid for Memorial stadium and Husker football are now the ones some are saying should find other places to go . I said that the Blue hairs are responsible for Husker football AS IT IS TODAY , and that every positive thing that has happened to Husker football was a result of their patience and filling up memorial stadium before any of these young punks saw a football game in the 90s. I ended by saying , as far as Husker Football goes , LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.

Well , Knappic basically told me the same thing so my last words on this board are , I do love God , Family and Husker Football , and as far as LEAVE IT , I will leave the rest of you here with the ALTERNATE LIFESTYLES CROWD and every positive thing THAT WILL GET YOU .

GREAT RED ONE HAS LEFT THE BUILDING ..

• Fire 1

If Adam and Eve were not mentally infantile, then surely they were capable of reasoning. If they were warned that eating the apple would result in horrible punishment by a being that surely came across to them as authoritative, then what logical motivation to eat the apple could've there possibly been?

You're assuming the author of the fable intended any kind of psychological realism. The story doesn't make any sense on any level. The idea that eating a piece of fruit would grant you the knowledge of good and evil creates a kind of paradox--you can't know what you're doing is wrong until you do wrong thing which would imbue you with the understanding it was wrong in the first place. Someone telling you something is 'evil' has no meaning when you have no concept of good and evil. Hence, the story is ridiculous.

How do you know they didn't know what "don't" meant? If they knew that then they knew not to do it. :rolleyes:

So again, I ask: why did they?

How do I know why someone does something stupid? Do you know why all the morons do what they do? All you have to do is look at the evening news to know humans are stupid animals. :moreinteresting

We are going around in circles. To me it seems perfectly obvious that a loving, Omnipotent God has zero reason to ever create a place that is anathema to Him, then place "his children" whom he dearly loves in that place, with the hope that they believe enough to earn their way back to a place they should have been from the very beginning. We can quibble about the details of this or that part of the story, but bottom line, no sane, loving, logical parent would ever do what God has done. The story falls apart for me there.

You are acting like these are simple little children God made adults. Adults with free will and God knew there was evil in the world he made God warned them of the dangers. It was their responsibility not God's to do the right thing. ;)

Okay, so let me get this straight.

There's a god. Not one that we have any actual evidence for, but he's got all this magic power to create this entire universe we live in. And not only that but he decided to create a special waste land of a planet that has this perfect garden on it. In this garden he creates two human beings...one from dust and the other from a rib of the first human. I assume they are aged immediately to 28 years old or something. Anyway, he speaks to these two human beings and tells them they can do anything they want just not eat of this tree he put in the middle of the garden because they will surely die. Which apparently not only do Adam and Eve know what right and wrong are, they also know what death is even though not one single thing in this god's creation has died yet. "Is death a good thing, Eve? I don't know what this death he speaks about is"

Then this talking serpent comes by (I guess all animals talked then...kind of like Narnia or the story of Wicked if anyone is familiar with that). And this serpent tells them god is wrong and the two humans won't die. So the woman eats it, cons the man into doing the same (evil bitch!)...and the first thing they realize after gaining the knowledge, is that being naked is wrong! And so they hide themselves from god, who ends up finding them. The man blames the woman (typical women) and god banishes them for forever from the magical garden. And I suppose all the animals were banished as well. Then I guess he removes the garden from earth too since we still don't know where it is to this day.

And in today's day and age we look back on this story and say "yep, that's how it happened!" Not even batting an eye that it could all be made up. It just baffles me that this is taken so literally living in the world we do now where our every day is governed by logic and reason. To me it sounds like an ancient tribal story that was written to explain the unexplainable to other members of the tribe. Kind of like, oh I don't know...these ones:

http://www.crystalin...amcreation.html

http://revelations-2...u_Creation.html

http://revelations-2...a_Creation.html

http://www.mythome.org/creatafr.html

http://www.indians.o...er/creation.htm

But those ones are just silly!

• Fire 1

Okay, so let me get this straight.

There's a god. Not one that we have any actual evidence for, but he's got all this magic power to create this entire universe we live in. And not only that but he decided to create a special waste land of a planet that has this perfect garden on it. In this garden he creates two human beings...one from dust and the other from a rib of the first human. I assume they are aged immediately to 28 years old or something. Anyway, he speaks to these two human beings and tells them they can do anything they want just not eat of this tree he put in the middle of the garden because they will surely die. Which apparently not only do Adam and Eve know what right and wrong are, they also know what death is even though not one single thing in this god's creation has died yet. "Is death a good thing, Eve? I don't know what this death he speaks about is"

Then this talking serpent comes by (I guess all animals talked then...kind of like Narnia or the story of Wicked if anyone is familiar with that). And this serpent tells them god is wrong and the two humans won't die. So the woman eats it, cons the man into doing the same (evil bitch!)...and the first thing they realize after gaining the knowledge, is that being naked is wrong! And so they hide themselves from god, who ends up finding them. The man blames the woman (typical women) and god banishes them for forever from the magical garden. And I suppose all the animals were banished as well. Then I guess he removes the garden from earth too since we still don't know where it is to this day.

And in today's day and age we look back on this story and say "yep, that's how it happened!" Not even batting an eye that it could all be made up. It just baffles me that this is taken so literally living in the world we do now where our every day is governed by logic and reason. To me it sounds like an ancient tribal story that was written to explain the unexplainable to other members of the tribe. Kind of like, oh I don't know...these ones:

http://www.crystalin...amcreation.html

http://revelations-2...u_Creation.html

http://revelations-2...a_Creation.html

http://www.mythome.org/creatafr.html

http://www.indians.o...er/creation.htm

But those ones are just silly!

You may believe what you like I don't have a problem with that. If you choose to feel there is no God then you are free to choose that. You must live with the consequences though. You may not feel there are any but you are wrong and in the end you will be sorry. :ahhhhhhhh

You must live with the consequences though. You may not feel there are any but you are wrong and in the end you will be sorry.

At least, that's what you've been told. By an organization that has a vested interest in your continued belief in their authority.

You don't know me very well I do not believe in an org. or a church. They are man made and therefore flawed. The only thing I believe in is that Jesus Christ was theson of man and died on the cross for all of our sins. He rose again on the third day and is seated at the right hand of God. All else is pageantry and rituals!! :thumbs

You don't know me very well I do not believe in an org. or a church. They are man made and therefore flawed. The only thing I believe in is that Jesus Christ was theson of man and died on the cross for all of our sins. He rose again on the third day and is seated at the right hand of God. All else is pageantry and rituals!! :thumbs

Which you believe based on the perpetuation of these faiths throughout the last couple of millennia by that organization I'm talking about. No matter how independent your faith, its wellspring is The Church, in all its varied forms. It's not as if you suddenly discovered the Bible on your own in some cave in Israel.

You may believe what you like I don't have a problem with that. If you choose to feel there is no God then you are free to choose that. You must live with the consequences though. You may not feel there are any but you are wrong and in the end you will be sorry.

There is a difference in not believing in any god (not that there's anything wrong with that) and not believing in someone else's god story/myth.

Even when I was a hard-core Christian I could not belive that many of the fables in the Old Testament were true.

The OT was only put into writing about 500 BCE, almost a thousand years after the Exodus.

You may believe what you like I don't have a problem with that. If you choose to feel there is no God then you are free to choose that. You must live with the consequences though. You may not feel there are any but you are wrong and in the end you will be sorry.

There is a difference in not believing in any god (not that there's anything wrong with that) and not believing in someone else's god story/myth.

Even when I was a hard-core Christian I could not belive that many of the fables in the Old Testament were true.

The OT was only put into writing about 500 BCE, almost a thousand years after the Exodus.

And the Bible was not assembled til around 300 AD, and many books had no written form for about a century. And the culture in the middle east at the time was not a strong oral history culture like the Navaho, the amount of changes of any event that may have actually been real would be enormous. Just look at how people view events differently that they actually happened with a few number of years in between and actual audio and video footage we have now.

(To say nothing of the comparisons between the Egyptian's Horus and Jesus)

Did Adam and Eve die? chuckleshuffle

Eventually I guess. Adam lived something like 930 years?

I find it a bit difficult to follow a debate on the existence of god that already assumes the existence of two original humans from which the rest of us descended, at least one of whom lived for 930 years, in a garden with a talking snake.

Not to belittle the lessons you might learn from Genesis, because some of the more famed fables of our time involve anthropomorphic animals (see Aesop - I mean, obviously there never *really* was a race held between tortoise and hare).

Not to belittle the lessons you might learn from Genesis, because some of the more famed fables of our time involve anthropomorphic animals (see Aesop - I mean, obviously there never *really* was a race held between tortoise and hare).

Um, I think you missed last week after tailgating. A bunch of buddies and I were really drunk and we.....well there was this turtle...and one guy said he had a rabbit at his house.....yeah eyeswear2allthatsholy