The thread that has to do with Nebraska football and Jesus

I was going to turn the "Football players share the gospel" thread into this, but it's been derailed enough that I wanted a fresh thread for these things. If you disagree or don't like it, don't read, or if you do read, be respectful eh?

I found a treasure trove of Nebraska FCA videos featuring Ron Brown and current and former coaches and will post them once in a while, along with anything else I find.

Ron Brown on loyalty:

That was an inspiring talk by Ron Brown, and I'm ready to run through a wall for him.

But would he value me as a player knowing that I was a Pagan?

Regarding "Loyalty", Christians attribute absolute perfection to Jesus. But Jesus never attributes perfection to Himself, only to God the Father.

Regarding His death on the cross, while in Gethsemane Jesus seemed willing to not have to die on the cross if possible.

I am a "Universalist" because I believe that we are all destined for eternal life with God.

That is because I believe that God is loyal to all, and not just to Christians.

Please keep posting these videos, each could lead to a discussion on the topic.

That was an inspiring talk by Ron Brown, and I'm ready to run through a wall for him.

But would he value me as a player knowing that I was a Pagan?

Regarding "Loyalty", Christians attribute absolute perfection to Jesus. But Jesus never attributes perfection to Himself, only to God the Father.

Regarding His death on the cross, while in Gethsemane Jesus seemed willing to not have to die on the cross if possible.

I am a "Universalist" because I believe that we are all destined for eternal life with God.

That is because I believe that God is loyal to all, and not just to Christians.

Please keep posting these videos, each could lead to a discussion on the topic.

Ameer Abdullah is a practicing Muslim and has nothing but good things to say about Ron Brown (as his position coach, coincidentally), so I would say that he values all of his players!

Where do you get your Universalist views from? I saw you talking in the other thread about viewing God as gender-neutral, and something to do with nature, so I don't imagine you believe in eternal life with the God of the Bible.

Ameer Abdullah is a practicing Muslim and has nothing but good things to say about Ron Brown (as his position coach, coincidentally), so I would say that he values all of his players!

We do not know if the Christian tone of the gatherings makes him feel uncomfortable, and it's not the kind of thing a player would speak up about. Ameer is from Alabama, and he probably learned how to keep quite and just brush it off.

Where do you get your Universalist views from? I saw you talking in the other thread about viewing God as gender-neutral, and something to do with nature, so I don't imagine you believe in eternal life with the God of the Bible.

My "Universalist" views come from by belief in an infinite and omnipotent supreme being who created life and infused it with his spirit (aka as our souls). I believe that our souls are perpetuate after the deaths of our biological bodies, and also do not have gender. I also believe in reincarnation, and the sum of human knowledge is recorded in the Akashic Library. My beliefs are not for everyone, and I do not seek to push them on anyone.

To answer the second part of your question, I do not believe in the God of the Old Testament... I am with Marcion of Sinope.

• 2 weeks later...

Sub--I remember a LJS article that says AA and RB have impromptu religious discussions regarding the Quran and Bible, as the books do share a common lineage. And I remember RB saying something to the effect that he loves AA, even though he believes something else, which is what Christians should do.

Just because someone believes something different, it doesn't mean you have to thump them, proselytize, or convert them--you just have to love them, and lead by example of how you live your life to show testament to the Bible and God. That, if done correctly, will be a more powerful and lasting message than any thumping, conversion, or testimony could ever provide.

And in all honesty, Muslims are praying to the same God Christians do--just in a different fashion, and with different supporting casts (e.g. Muhammad vs. Jesus) and texts.

• Fire 1

Sub--I remember a LJS article that says AA and RB have impromptu religious discussions regarding the Quran and Bible, as the books do share a common lineage. And I remember RB saying something to the effect that he loves AA, even though he believes something else, which is what Christians should do.

Just because someone believes something different, it doesn't mean you have to thump them, proselytize, or convert them--you just have to love them, and lead by example of how you live your life to show testament to the Bible and God. That, if done correctly, will be a more powerful and lasting message than any thumping, conversion, or testimony could ever provide.

And in all honesty, Muslims are praying to the same God Christians do--just in a different fashion, and with different supporting casts (e.g. Muhammad vs. Jesus) and texts.

Couldn't have said it any better myself

• 5 months later...

NECROIN' JUST LIKE JESUS RESURRECTIN'

Roy Helu and Gina Mancuso getting married!

The pair plan an intimate ceremony for family and friends, although some former Husker football and volleyball players and members of Roy's current team, the National Football League's Washington Redskins, are invited.

While Roy and Dani share a Husker background, they say they have something else in common that's even more important to them — Jesus is their foundation.

They are way more likely to read the Bible together than curl up on the couch for ESPN's “SportsCenter.”

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120430/BIGRED/305019978/1001#ex-huskers-found-love-after-leap-of-faith