Get ready for another decade of mediocrity

WYHusk

Love how we win and Bo's god, we lose and it's fire Bo. Would you have fired T.O. before the national championships? I think people take for granted how good 9 and 10 win seasons are.

Don't try to make this some sort of generalization. A LOT of fans don't think Bo's HC material. You have to be drinking A LOT of the KA to think otherwise.

Great HC's coach their teams to be good at the little things. Bo has shown exactly ZERO in that department and after 4 friggin years, it's time IMO to seriously think about who the next HC should be - unless of course people are happy with MSU-like records: A win here and win there and a couple of losses.

This team bought into the hype after beating a vastly overrated MSU squad and that's no different than NU's losses to TT & ISU in 09 and aTm in 2010. Bo might "say" that he's consistent and it's 1-game at a time but his demeanor and actions speak otherwise

And IMO you're crazy if you think it's time to replace Bo as the head coach. I have my opinion and you have yours, that's the reality. I guarantee you if we get rid of Bo with the job he's done so far for the program, we'll be mediocre for 10 to 15 years at best. No one wanted to come here when Solich was fired with the 9-3 record he had so we ended up with Callahan. Who do you think would want to come here after the debacle that would be the firing of Bo? Bo does alot more for this program than win or lose football games. The players love him and would go to battle for the man. He's still learning to be a head coach and some of you expect conference championships and national championships every season. No program can live up to those expectations.....................oh and for the record ALOT of fans like Bo as the head coach at Nebraska. See how that works................

Then why won't they come out and play for him, every Saturday? That is what is so frustrating

Again, I'm not advocating anything being done coaching wise (well, maybe Carl), a firing would set our program back badly right now, and I believe Bo has to have his time to grow as a coach, much like Devany and Osborn. But it does get frustrating when we come out flat and lose to teams that shouldn't be playing within three touchdowns of us. I don't expect conference or national championships every year, but I do believe we should contend for the conference title on a very regular basis, and hopefully the national at least on occasion, and to do that, you have to take care of the small details and not take losses to teams that should be virtually automatic wins. At this point, I haven't seen the improvement from Bo's teams in those areas, but it is still early in his HC'ing career and it may well come. I wonder if TO is ever on the scene with advice.

This thread is a joke, Bo is going to end up 9-3 or 10-2! You do not fire someone with that kind of record unless you truely want mediocrity on a regular basis. It happens football is not a big deal! Pancreatic cancer is a big deal!

That might be the single most ridiculous statement I've read on here. Of course in the grand scehme of things football pales in comparisson to any cancer....but this isn't a "cancer" board, it's a football board. Guess what people come on here to talk about.

• Fire 1

This thread is a joke, Bo is going to end up 9-3 or 10-2! You do not fire someone with that kind of record unless you truely want mediocrity on a regular basis. It happensfootball is not a big deal! Pancreatic cancer is a big deal!

That might be the single most ridiculous statement I've read on here. Of course in the grand scehme of things football pales in comparisson to any cancer....but this isn't a "cancer" board, it's a football board. Guess what people come on here to talk about.

From all the talk in the Shed, I think they come here to talk about boobs.

• Fire 1

Here's an idea.....we should go and get Turner Gill!! You know he'll be looking for a job soon, if only we would have hired him 4 years ago!! I remember so many people being so upset we hired Bo instead of Turner, and look what happened to Nebraska football. It's obvious we know so much about hiring coaches, recruiting, motivating, sideline demeanor, blitzing....we want Turner Gill!

This thread is a joke, Bo is going to end up 9-3 or 10-2! You do not fire someone with that kind of record unless you truely want mediocrity on a regular basis. It happensfootball is not a big deal! Pancreatic cancer is a big deal!

From all the talk in the Shed, I think they come here to talk about boobs.

So why am I reading all this stuff in the football forum?!?!?

9-3 or 10 -2 will NEVER get anyone fired in today's competitive environment.................and it shouldn't.......

My complaints with Bo are just 2......................Game/clock management and UNIMAGINABLE STUBBORNESS.............

I would suggest that you not mention this to Solich.

:thumbs I was thinking the same thing