Get ready for another decade of mediocrity

WYHusk

We don't play an aggressive style of defense. The top recruits in the country don't want to come to Nebraska and play patty cake patty cake baker man. They want to blitz, they want to hit somebody. They want to dominate. Bend but don't break defense at Nebraska looks more like bend over and take it defense.

I hear that the Bo guy's a defensive genius. Well, show me 1 whole season of genius. You won't find it. Not even with Suh.

Love how we win and Bo's god, we lose and it's fire Bo. Would you have fired T.O. before the national championships? I think people take for granted how good 9 and 10 win seasons are.

there is a lot more parity, athletes are everywhere

Did you see the D-lines and LB's last night in the LSU and Alabama game? I disagree that there is parity - some teams have some 5-star talent - size, speed, tackling ability, ability to read plays. And if there is parity, then it will come down to coaching - the best coaches will get the best from their teams.

It's too early in Bo's tenure to fire him! Also, having attended a couple of Big Ten schools, Northwestern was always the team that the other conference teams would underestimate, look past, and then lose. So, it's no surprise that the unimaginable happened.

Here are my concerns with Bo, to be answered in the next 2 to 3 years -

1. Can we stay undefeated at Memorial Stadium for one season?

2. Can Bo win a conference championship (not sayin' anything about a National Championship)?

3. How will his recruits (not Callahan's) perform?

Man I wish we had even just one of the linebackers in the LSU or Alabama programs!

It's clear as day that Bo is no HC but what should be just as frightening is that he's a HORRID recruiter esp. on the defensive side of the ball.

Well if you want a coach fired simple because of the fact that he doesnt win a National Championship means you are completely stupid and deserve to have your face kicked in. That sir is completely absurd.

People are so tough behind the anonymity of a computer. Have a sense of decorum. Your meds are probably in your nightstand.

I've noticed that the team doesn't respond well since Bo has to calm down his demeanor. The players don't see a fiery guy anymore. Bo isn't Tom and i didn't have any problem with the way Bo acted. If you saw the LSU-Alabama game then there were plenty of shots of Nick Saban getting all pissed off. I say Perlman and T.O. need to let Bo be Bo.

I've noticed that the team doesn't respond well since Bo has to calm down his demeanor. The players don't see a fiery guy anymore. Bo isn't Tom and i didn't have any problem with the way Bo acted. If you saw the LSU-Alabama game then there were plenty of shots of Nick Saban getting all pissed off. I say Perlman and T.O. need to let Bo be Bo.

I can see this argument both ways. I agree with you some extent, but I also think that the players have enough motivation to play well.

Last week a former coach said that his philosophy was if a player couldn't get jacked about playing for Nebraska in front of 85,000 fans, then they had no reason being a Husker. That in and of itself should be enough motivation. When you think about yesterday's game, not only did the players have that, but they also had sole control of their destiny in the Big 10 - win out and you guarantee yourself a spot in the Big 10 championship game.

I don't think Pelini should have to be fiery on the sidelines in order for our players to perform well. They should understand the position they're in. Pelini is fiery pre-game and post-game - we've seen it from locker room videos. I don't think Pelini's attitude during the game has anything to do with performance, but of course that's just my opinion.

In four years Pelini has accomplished the exact same as Callahan, got us to a conference championship game with a loss. Huskers would be lucky to get to a conference championship game this year. A common theme in husker nation is continuing...its called "there's always next year"

Because 5-6, 8-4, 9-5 and 5-7 is the exact same as 9-4, 10-4, 10-4, and currently 7-2.

A common theme in Husker nation is continuing...overreaction.

We could very well win out....or completely drop all 3....we are inconsistent as a team....I hope Bo leads this team to victories the rest of the season. One game at a time fellas. I'll take 10 win seasons anytime of the day

Yeah that.

T_O_B

G>B>R

You are correct sir. I said this at Whisky. Bo needs to bring the heat. This team seems to thrive on that mad dog mentality. This kindler gentler Bo needs to go. Bring back the mean a$$ Bo.

Nebraska is in a good place. Yes, yesterday's loss was tough. They will never be talented enough or deep enough, like we were accustomed to for the better part of 30 years, to skate by weaker opponents when they play uninspired and unmotivated. However, I fully expect this team to win 9-10 games this year, and that's with a Jekyll and Hyde sophomore QB, thin D line, young secondary, young O line, and 5 freshman skill position players who all show flashes of brilliance. Losing Dennard and David will hurt next year, but I think the D will be better overall.

no way in hell!

The quest is now to play better, hope for an MSU loss, and try to win the conference, which is very ordinary this year.

As has been said, I'll take a sure 9 wins. This is STILL the team that got blown out by Wisky. Amazing how a couple wins against mediocre opponents removed from that game will spur a few 'If we win out, we could win it all....' threads.

I can see this argument both ways. I agree with you some extent, but I also think that the players have enough motivation to play well.

Last week a former coach said that his philosophy was if a player couldn't get jacked about playing for Nebraska in front of 85,000 fans, then they had no reason being a Husker. That in and of itself should be enough motivation. When you think about yesterday's game, not only did the players have that, but they also had sole control of their destiny in the Big 10 - win out and you guarantee yourself a spot in the Big 10 championship game.

I don't think Pelini should have to be fiery on the sidelines in order for our players to perform well. They should understand the position they're in. Pelini is fiery pre-game and post-game - we've seen it from locker room videos. I don't think Pelini's attitude during the game has anything to do with performance, but of course that's just my opinion.

Completely agree with this. Well said.

Nebraska is in a good place. Yes, yesterday's loss was tough. They will never be talented enough or deep enough, like we were accustomed to for the better part of 30 years, to skate by weaker opponents when they play uninspired and unmotivated. However, I fully expect this team to win 9-10 games this year, and that's with a Jekyll and Hyde sophomore QB, thin D line, young secondary, young O line, and 5 freshman skill position players who all show flashes of brilliance. Losing Dennard and David will hurt next year, but I think the D will be better overall.

no way in hell!

The quest is now to play better, hope for an MSU loss, and try to win the conference, which is very ordinary this year.

As has been said, I'll take a sure 9 wins. This is STILL the team that got blown out by Wisky. Amazing how a couple wins against mediocre opponents removed from that game will spur a few 'If we win out, we could win it all....' threads.

Love how we win and Bo's god, we lose and it's fire Bo. Would you have fired T.O. before the national championships? I think people take for granted how good 9 and 10 win seasons are.

Don't try to make this some sort of generalization. A LOT of fans don't think Bo's HC material. You have to be drinking A LOT of the KA to think otherwise.

Great HC's coach their teams to be good at the little things. Bo has shown exactly ZERO in that department and after 4 friggin years, it's time IMO to seriously think about who the next HC should be - unless of course people are happy with MSU-like records: A win here and win there and a couple of losses.

This team bought into the hype after beating a vastly overrated MSU squad and that's no different than NU's losses to TT & ISU in 09 and aTm in 2010. Bo might "say" that he's consistent and it's 1-game at a time but his demeanor and actions speak otherwise

And IMO you're crazy if you think it's time to replace Bo as the head coach. I have my opinion and you have yours, that's the reality. I guarantee you if we get rid of Bo with the job he's done so far for the program, we'll be mediocre for 10 to 15 years at best. No one wanted to come here when Solich was fired with the 9-3 record he had so we ended up with Callahan. Who do you think would want to come here after the debacle that would be the firing of Bo? Bo does alot more for this program than win or lose football games. The players love him and would go to battle for the man. He's still learning to be a head coach and some of you expect conference championships and national championships every season. No program can live up to those expectations.....................oh and for the record ALOT of fans like Bo as the head coach at Nebraska. See how that works................

In four years Pelini has accomplished the exact same as Callahan, got us to a conference championship game with a loss. Huskers would be lucky to get to a conference championship game this year. A common theme in husker nation is continuing...its called "there's always next year"

Right.

Losing seasons, monster blow out losses everywhere......yeah, it's the same thing.

Btw, how many times did Callahan win ten games?

Right.

Losing seasons, monster blow out losses everywhere......yeah, it's the same thing.

Btw, how many times did Callahan win ten games?

Callahan was excellent in all areas chuckleshuffle