Terrified, help me.

thequan

Things rarely work out for us. I hate to say it but it seems like right now we are cursed.

You're right we could go 7-5, we just don't know. If we do there is nothing we can do about it, it'll be out of our hands as fans. I don't think we'll lose out, but anything is possible.

I hate to say it but the way we have played from week to week we could lose out. Consistency is what most people want but the thing is we know this team is capable of being really good if they got their sh#t together.

Yeah...

We should find a hole and hide in it. Football is scary.

I would not be terrified ........ we can win this one if we play our best game, lets hope the ancient throw backs are heading for the door in happy valley.

I think we can win this one if we play a good game, nothing I have seen from PSU makes me believe we have to play our best game to win. If we play at a minimum of the level we had for Michigan State we win by 2 touchdowns or more.

Pelini is always preaching this 'us against the world' mentality to the Husker team. Well this weekend there will be two teams with that same mentality. Penn State will be pissed off and coming for blood. I don't doubt it a bit that those players are going to hit us harder than we've been hit all year. Gut check time for the Big Red. Do we have the balls to hit back?

This is where coming out flat and losing last week could help us. This team is fired-up and focused. Plus they should Yoshi and Rome should be ready to go. Should be a heck of a game. Big thing will be getting out to a lead. The team and the crowd will be amped, want to deflate them a bit, plus if we get ahead maybe they try to pass on us more.

To the op, and nothing else, I say we have a damn good chance at this one.

Our team is hungry after that last loss. The OL got called out and will hopefully come out with some passion. Martinez built up some more confidence. And every game played is another notch is Beck's belt for playcalling experience - and with experience comes wisdom (at least I hope...)

Their team is on an emotional roller coaster right now. Every kid on that team came to Penn to play for the legendary Paterno. Not one of them will tell you - they will all express their unconditional support - but every one of them is having some inner self doubt right now. Any sane person would. They are wondering if the allegations are true. And they are wondering that if they are, how and why am I playing for these people? Couple that with the potential of Paterno's last home game. And add to that every student, newspaper, and fan constantly asking these players for their opinions on the matter, and this is a distraction of epic proportions. Lastly, the game is at night, so the Penn team has all day to think about all of these implications.

Like I said, I like our chances.

Might want to check your tv listings. It's an 11 a.m. game.

I am absolutely terrified that Penn State is going to come out on fire, and Bo won't have our guys ready again this week. I know it's insanely pessimistic, but this is just the type of thing a fanbase and team can rally around. Everyone expects them to lose. They are in the ultimate "us against the world" situation. This is ignoring injuries to Rex and our thin D-Line of course, but for some reason this game scares the crap out of me.

Before the Northwestern game, I thought we could win out. Now I'm scared we will lose out. I'm usually an optimistic cat. Why the hell do I feel like this??! Help me out here!

You have a legitimate reason to be scared about this game and it's not because Penn State is so good.