Matt Millen Breaks Down and Cries re: Penn State debacle

VectorVictor

http://deadspin.com/5857515/

Of note:

Matt: It makes you sick to see that this could happen to this level, if in fact it has happened, you know there is a part of me like I mentioned earlier, you just want to go take care of it yourself. Which is what I have always done and which is the wrong thing to do. But this is more than just a program.This is more than a football legacy. This is about people. And if we can't protect our kids, we as a society are pathetic. So, that is where I stand on it.

Look--I know we've railed on Matt Millen (myself included) on these boards. But he's right, and I think he's pretty much saying a lot of what we're thinking--that it's sad we're not protecting our children and thinking of them in this situation.

http://deadspin.com/5857515/

Of note:

Matt: It makes you sick to see that this could happen to this level, if in fact it has happened, you know there is a part of me like I mentioned earlier, you just want to go take care of it yourself. Which is what I have always done and which is the wrong thing to do. But this is more than just a program.This is more than a football legacy. This is about people. And if we can't protect our kids, we as a society are pathetic. So, that is where I stand on it.

Look--I know we've railed on Matt Millen (myself included) on these boards. But he's right, and I think he's pretty much saying a lot of what we're thinking--that it's sad we're not protecting our children and thinking of them in this situation.

+1

I just caught the end of his segment on ESPN yesterday evening after work, but didn't really know why he was crying. I've never really liked the guy, but it's like Alamo City Husker said, " I think he's pretty much saying a lot of what we're thinking". Especially the part where he said "you just want to go take care of it yourself."

*On a side note, wasn't Millen on the Second Mile board or connected somehow. I thought I heard that somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

So Millen said what anyone who is not a child molestor was thinking. So he's human...good...glad to hear it, but he should never be on television talking about football. Finally he found something he is right about....He thinks it's wrong to molest little boys. Okay, let me see a show of hands of all who disagree with that. The problem with Millen is not that he is on the wrong side of the child molestation issue...the problem with Millen is that he doesn't know anything about football. So now he has proven he knows two things.... 1) It's wrong to molest little boys, 2) how to destroy an NFL franchise. Not exactly enough to start naming him man of the year or anything.