*** Official Penn State Game Discussion Thread *** Read first post before posting

knapplc

Sometimes I wonder how those line judges spot those...seems like guesswork

Are you talking about the punt? The guy behind the punter is pointing at the line of the punt. The other guy is walking up the sidelines, and when the guy behind the punter sees him in line, he blows his whistle or otherwise signals for him to stop. It works well unless the punt slices or hooks way out of bounds.

Anyone else really not into this game?

Don't know why, but the excitement really isnt there for me. Not even my hatred for bad plays.

yea, it's like im watching it but not feeling it

Wow...hope the players don't feel that way too

So do I man, so do I.

Those aren't drops. They are tough throws and you can't fault either passer or receiver for the missed connection.

Bell had actually caught and then dropped it though. He had both hands on and then lost it as he tried to bring it in. not a defensible drop.

Is this the one where he was laying out to get it, got his hands on it and then bounced the ball off his knees after he made contact with the ground?

We crap on our receivers too much. These aren't even bad throws by Taylor, but the coverage is tight and we're fitting them through some small windows. Tough throws and tough catches, it's not what a "drop" means. It would be going out of our way to point fingers when it really is just well covered by the defense. We try a low percentage play and nearly pull it off, but don't. Too bad.