Indiana & Northwestern

BIG ERN

BCS spots could get interesting now. 10 spots minus six champs leaves 4. With Boise going down, four conferences will get two in. Big East won't be one of them. That means nu or msu would only have to beat out acc#2 to get in. Not that far fetched. If a 10-2 husker team gets up to #10 or #11, they'd get a look.

In the event that MSU doesn't lose we could still get an at large BCS bid. i would expect that we would jump back to around #10 after today's win but would have to win out.

Sorry, but no that ship has sailed. There is no way they are jumping up that far. They will move up to maybe 15. Texass lost, PSU, and aybe KSucks.

We will be very happy spending New Year's Day in Florida. Capitol One Bowl would be sweet. The B1G will NOT get two BCS teams.

Depends on where everyone else ends up at. A huge key part in bowl selection is getting a team that has loyal fans and will sell out seats. We will move up past 15 simply cause of what happened to Penn St and we overcame what usually would be a home team win. I would say we end up at #12 to be exact.

You do realize the Capital One Bowl is the second best B1G bowl tie in right?

And honestly how was this win that impressive. Yes they had a good defense but PSU had their record because they have played no one. KSucks ends up beating A&M so they won't drop, NU is NOT going to jump Wisconsin or MSU. Don't be shocked when it is the number 16 or 17 by NU tomorrow.

Yes i do. We also just beat the #12 team at their home. Beating Minnesota and Iowa aren't gonna do much for Wiscosin and MSU. Stanford, Boise, and Texas lost. We only have to be ranked 15 or higher to get into a BCS game too. When we beat Minnesota we didn't move in the polls. I don't expect Wisconsin to either. The pollsters also remember better late in the season then during the first or middle. If we beat Michigan at the Big House and then beat Iowa i think we could be talked about being an at large. If recent history is any example the loser of the CCG gets to go to a crappy bowl and we would jump them in the final polls. It is in our best interest that if we can't win the Legends Division we root for Wisconsin to win the Big Ten.

There are going to be a lot of 1 loss teams, I don't see a 2 loss team making a BCS bowl without somehow winning their conference.

There won't be in three weeks but it doesn't matter. All that matters is which four conferences will get two teams in. Looks to be acc vs. big ten for the last spot. Whoever is #2 in the acc will also have two loses (at least).

I think a 10-2 gets nebraska in, the winner of wisk and mich state will go to a bcs, the loser to capital one, and then us (if we are 10-2) for an at large bcs

I believe we got a decent shot at this scenario. All we have to do is get in the top 12 of the BCS, to have a shot at an at large bid. I expect tomorrow us to be around 15-16 which is about 4 spot jump. Just because a team has 1 loss doesnt automatically get them a spot over a 2 loss team. We need some help but for Nebraska to get in a BCS bowl, the best thing is for us not to make the CCG(no Im not crazy). I just dont see us beating Wisconsin.

There are going to be a lot of 1 loss teams, I don't see a 2 loss team making a BCS bowl without somehow winning their conference.

There won't be in three weeks but it doesn't matter. All that matters is which four conferences will get two teams in. Looks to be acc vs. big ten for the last spot. Whoever is #2 in the acc will also have two loses (at least).

What about Houston?

The ACC CCG loser, Nebraska, Boise, and K-State seem to all be in the mix for the last pick. If Houston loses, Stanford loses again, or Clemson loses to USC and in the CCG, things get really interesting if we're 10-2.

The ACC CCG loser, Nebraska, Boise, and K-State seem to all be in the mix for the last pick. If Houston loses, Stanford loses again, or Clemson loses to USC and in the CCG, things get really interesting if we're 10-2.

Boise went from #5 in the country to the Maaco Bowl Las Vegas with one loss last year. There's basically no way they get picked for a BCS game now, especially since TCU will be the conference champion.

K-State can't go to a BCS bowl if OK St. and OU are there already.

I knew Houston would probably finish undefeated but didn't think they would get picked (an undefeated Boise St. team played in the prestigous San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl in 2008). However, I forgot about the new rule that says a non-BCS conference champion in the Top 12 automatically gets to go (or Top 16 if they're ahead of a BCS conference champ - Cincinnati is currently leading the Big East and is #29 in the AP Poll).

So Houston will get in unless they lose. With Alabama all but a lock, that leaves two spots for the Pac-12, Big XII, B1G and ACC to fight over.

The loser of the OK St./Oklahoma game will be the best shot for the Big XII. If Okie St. loses, they're likely in. If OU loses (10-2) they would definitely get a look but I'm not sure they're a lock. Their best wins would be Texas and K St. (that Florida St. win doensn't look so great anymore) and they're minus thier second-best player. With a Heisman finalist still on board, they're probably in but you never know.

Stanford at 11-1 is the likely canidate from the Pac-12 but their best win came when an on-probation USC fumbled the game away in triple-overtime. Their next best win? Washington? And I'm not sure Stanford has the greatest following.

The ACC title game should be 11-1 Clemson vs. 11-1 Virginia Tech but Clemson still has to travel to South Carolina. The loser will obviously have two losses but it's possible Clemson could have three.

I don't like our chances nearly as much trying to get past two of those teams but one upset could make it pretty interesting.