Containing Robinson and Michigan

jamrinelli

Man I have not seen them play much this year but the stats page between the teams makes it look like it will be tough. I don't like the way our D sits back and seems to play nervous when they face dagerous QB's I think that is my number on concern. The D does great when they get QB's that can't move but I worry about getting in a shot out. That said I like the way martinez has been playing and I think the line will look better next week so I hope we win in a 24 - 31 shoot out (big 10 STYLE).

Maybe we can use standup DE's. Martin, Ankrah, Guy, etc..... Don't rush to hard and get sucked into the center, where DRob can break contain and run to the outside.. I like the idea of the Peso guy being used as a DRob spy. We will have to man up on the receivers but I have been told he cant throw worth a $hti, so that shouldn't matter.

Maybe we can use standup DE's. Martin, Ankrah, Guy, etc..... Don't rush to hard and get sucked into the center, where DRob can break contain and run to the outside.. I like the idea of the Peso guy being used as a DRob spy. We will have to man up on the receivers but I have been told he cant throw worth a $hti, so that shouldn't matter.

Some of the QB runs that have hurt us is due to being in man to man coverage where the DB's and LB's have their backs to the line running with a reciever or TE and the QB breaks contain and picks up big yardage. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Maybe you use Jamal Turner on scout team to simulate him. He is probably the closest in speed and shiftyness on offense right now.

I think we should take Stafford and slide him up, playing a QB spy all game. I would say have Lavonte spy him, but I think that Stafford fits that bill a little better in my mind. He's probably half a step faster than Lavonte and most likely will not be needed in pass coverage, considering how wild of a passer Shoelace is. We should have some opportunities to pick off a few passes this weekend.