Containing Robinson and Michigan

jamrinelli

NU's best hope is that Brady Hoke keeps Pinkeling himself and have DRob chuck the rock 30 times.

It has been said earlier, you hit him. He is getting pretty banged up the last couple of games, so hit and hit him good(legally, no need to Mickey Joseph the guy,although that philosophy worked pretty good for Boomer).

Although I agree tha D Rob is going to be a huge factor lets not discount their RB Toussaint who is shifty and fast as heck. I am not so worried about them throwing the ball on us. I too agree that their D has improved, but we have been able to move the ball against better defenses than theirs. How bad do the Huskers want to win is the question? I am sure that Bo has been considering what type of scheme to run on D for a couple weeks even if he won't admit it. We might see something quite a bit different this week. One thing is our DE's need to play disciplined footbal and keep contain or we will get abused.

I am very concerend with this weeks game. I know that we will be able to move the ball on Michigan and that we will be able to throw some looks at Drob that he hasnt seen this year. But what worries me is how freaking fast he is and how good he is at breakin containment on the outside. This has been our struggle ALL year, containing QB's that has any speed at all, the stats show how successful soem of them were at running against us, but what it doesnt show is how well they got outside the pocket and threw against us. I think we have a good chance to win next week but we have to figure out a way to contan Robinson and to make him make so mistakes!!!

Here are the rushing stats that some of the QB's did against us with attempts, yards, TD's and long

Carr 3 16 1 16

Price 6 10 0 9

Wilson 6 32 1 21

Miller 10 91 0 29

Gray 17 67 1 30

Colter 17 57 2

We might not have the talent that MSU has on the DL but Bo needs to put his ego aside, call up Dantonio and ask him for the blue print on how MSU harassed UM all day long and beat up Robinson.

Anything less and you might see an UGLY game with NU on the wrong side of a wood shed beating.

Considering whats at stake, do you think Dantonio would want to even help Bo in this situation?

We are obviously going to have to blitz, just seems obvious to me. However, our defensive line HAS to get some pressure this week to help out. I hope like hell Rome is back this week to help get some pressure along with Steinkuhler. We can't blitz on every play, but Denard isn't a accurate passer from what I've seen. He's like Martinez was/is as in he just throws a bomb and lets his receiver run underneath it. I'm fairly confident that our secondary can keep those types of opportunities to a minimum. Now can our defensive line and linebackers keep him from running all over us? That's a whole nother question.................

We are obviously going to have to blitz, just seems obvious to me. However, our defensive line HAS to get some pressure this week to help out. I hope like hell Rome is back this week to help get some pressure along with Steinkuhler. We can't blitz on every play, but Denard isn't a accurate passer from what I've seen. He's like Martinez was/is as in he just throws a bomb and lets his receiver run underneath it. I'm fairly confident that our secondary can keep those types of opportunities to a minimum. Now can our defensive line and linebackers keep him from running all over us? That's a whole nother question.................

Chase played yesterday

Chase played yesterday

How much? I thought he was still having issues and wasn't back to 100%.

Considering whats at stake, do you think Dantonio would want to even help Bo in this situation?

Ha, I think Dantonio would be glad to help. He has made his hatred of michigan no secret. Last year, before the Michigan OSU game, Dantonio said he would "never root for UM," even though a Michigan win would have sent MSU to their first rose bowl in decades.

While it's true that we have trouble containing mobile quarterbacks and have a soft run defense, I think where mobile quarterbacks have hurt us the most this year is extending the play and getting open receivers. That's where I think it bodes well for us, because Denard Robinson is no Russel Wilson, Keith Price, Kain Colter/Dan Persa, or even Braxton Miller when it comes to passing. So while I am still worried, I'm fairly confident that with his passing "skills" our defensive backfield could have a field day if he tries to throw on the run after a scramble. We just have to hope he does pass instead of taking off on the run.

I kinda doubt that. What about all the games where he saw plenty of ST coverage action? He can't be that hurt, ST coverage isn't exactly for the hobbled and fragile.

Great point, it's definately a position where he must've went to die. We really need this guy to see the field, if he is in Bo's doghouse I think he's gotten the point Bo! :lol: