2006 QB

Only Callahan himself can answer that question, and he won't be able to answer the question until after spring ball. This is assuming that Beck doesn't play this year and take Taylor's position. I can't think that would happen barring injury due to Beck never taking a snap yet.

I'm also assuming Beck must be making good progress as BC has now listed Beck as the number 2 rather than the number 3. The scary thing for me right now about our QB's is what happens if Taylor does go down? Our number 2 hasn't taken one snap yet in his college career. Our number 3 has taken very, very few this season. Considering this offense revolves around the QB, you can't just stick a fill in like Matt Turman back there and get it done. IMO, we're no better with depth this year than we were last year. This is scary as hell considering the beating Taylor took last weekend against the 100th or so ranked defense in the country!

Taylor is one tough hombre. He is also a person that does not get shook. Beck has a cannon arm and lots of ability. Beck can learn a lot from Taylors demeanor.

IMO they should get Beck some snaps so he can be ready just in case. He should continue to absorb as much knowledge as he can from Taylor. This will groom him for the job instead of throwing him into the fire.

Gotta see Beck play. I say start Taylor and have beck come in for a series or 2 in the 2nd or 3rd quarter to get some pt. We have to get Beck some playing time. Look at OU and their #1 recurited QB and what he is doing without any previous PT.

I would say let Taylor play next year and get in some reps with Beck.

Redshirting him this year could be a good thing for us down the road.

I would agree that Taylor will probably start next season, but if Beck continues to make strides I think he gets some time too, especailly in game one. I think after seeing the two in the spring game (not for stats) we will be able to see better how closely they look and just how much Beck has progressed. One thing I am sure of though, this staff is going to play whichever quarterback they believe gives them the best chance to win.

I would be extremely surprised if Beck can wrest the starting job from Taylor next year. While Beck has, allegedly, phenomenal ability, Taylor will have a year of invaluable game experience. I look for Beck to get some snaps in mop-up duty, but not to start. Taylor's year under fire will be insurmountable - in the WCO, understanding the nuances is cruical, and Taylor will have far more experience in them than Beck.

Taylor, Beck, and incoming Freeman; finally having options and a choice. All will be competing for time. Taylor will be the obvious starter, but watch for Beck to get much more playing time next year. Unless Taylor gets hurt, I don't think Beck sees the field this year (what would be the point). Yes Beck could get some experience, but why burn a year for a few plays. I look for Freeman to redshirt his first year, while he learns the offense, I think Beck is doing that right know. QB will not be a problem in the distant future, but all would do better with the building of a decent offensive line.

I would be extremely surprised if Beck can wrest the starting job from Taylor next year. While Beck has, allegedly, phenomenal ability, Taylor will have a year of invaluable game experience. I look for Beck to get some snaps in mop-up duty, but not to start. Taylor's year under fire will be insurmountable - in the WCO, understanding the nuances is cruical, and Taylor will have far more experience in them than Beck.

The only problem with mop-up duty is the fact that other than possibly the Wake game this year, we haven't really had a game where there would have been mop-up duty. If next year is similar, then Beck will have very little game time experience. If we throw him out there in year three of the BC era with little game experience, IMO we'll be faced with a similar situation as to what OU is going through now.

IMO, next year we have to take our lumps and get him out on the field at least 1 quarter every game. If it's mop-up duty, great. If not, we have to put the reins in his hands because at some point in time we're going to have to. I agree that putting him in this year a burning a redshirt is pointless unless Taylor goes down. However, this is my greatest concern right now due to the beating Taylor has taken. I think OU may have a better defense than Mizzou. When OU comes in with their pass rush, they're going to be coming hard and fast.