Do you root for any other teams?

Doodlebug

Don't know how else I can prove I'm a husker. Ask me anything!

All of this could be fake. The true test - There was once a restaurant in Lincoln whose name contained the word Caboose. What was it?

Hmmm...I actually have no idea. Trick question? I moved there when I was in the third grade (1993) and lived there until I was 22. Might have been before my time. I really don't go out to eat much. Only restaurant's that I could name that I believe are Lincoln originals are P.O Pears (I think they're closed now though), Grisante's, Watering Hole (awesome wings). Could probably name some more if I really thought about it. Any other questions?

All of this could be fake. The true test - There was once a restaurant in Lincoln whose name contained the word Caboose. What was it?

Hmmm...I actually have no idea. Trick question? I moved there when I was in the third grade (1993) and lived there until I was 22. Might have been before my time. I really don't go out to eat much. Only restaurant's that I could name that I believe are Lincoln originals are P.O Pears (I think they're closed now though), Grisante's, Watering Hole (awesome wings). Could probably name some more if I really thought about it. Any other questions?

All of this because you said you like both the Cowboys and the Packers? Now they're Mcarthying you?

I'm surprised I got off so easily with all the blatant contradictions I posted.

ok, i think doodlebug is a troll.

Doodlebug does post from Oklahoma, and as we all know, there is no such thing as a Husker fan in Okie Land. So this must be true.

Haha...yes unfortunately I live in OKC now...sucks being around so many sooner fans. I don't mind you calling me a troll, but please don't call me an Okie...low blow my friend, low blow. Moved here from DFW in Jan. and I can tell you there are no worse fans than sooner fans. I hate the longhorns but bc of my texas plates I get harassed all the time. I have had people throw beer cans at my truck while on the highway and get the upside down longhorns sign flashed at me all the time. Actually became a bigger fan once I moved away, having to defend us against all the Texas fans and now Sooner fans. I Grew up in Lincoln and went to UNL. Humann elementary, Pound Middle School, Lincoln Southeast. Barrett Ruud was a year older than me and sat next to me in math class. Alex Gordan was in my class. Don't know how else I can prove I'm a husker. Ask me anything!

Really knapp? :D

Doodle,

I live in the Harrah/Newalla area myself. There are a few of us on here who live in the OKC area

Cool...I went to a husker watch site a few weeks ago. I believe it's called the lizard lounge or something like that off 240 and penn.

Doodlebug does post from Oklahoma, and as we all know, there is no such thing as a Husker fan in Okie Land. So this must be true.

Haha...yes unfortunately I live in OKC now...sucks being around so many sooner fans. I don't mind you calling me a troll, but please don't call me an Okie...low blow my friend, low blow. Moved here from DFW in Jan. and I can tell you there are no worse fans than sooner fans. I hate the longhorns but bc of my texas plates I get harassed all the time. I have had people throw beer cans at my truck while on the highway and get the upside down longhorns sign flashed at me all the time. Actually became a bigger fan once I moved away, having to defend us against all the Texas fans and now Sooner fans. I Grew up in Lincoln and went to UNL. Humann elementary, Pound Middle School, Lincoln Southeast. Barrett Ruud was a year older than me and sat next to me in math class. Alex Gordan was in my class. Don't know how else I can prove I'm a husker. Ask me anything!

Doodle,

I live in the Harrah/Newalla area myself. There are a few of us on here who live in the OKC area

Cool...I went to a husker watch site a few weeks ago. I believe it's called the lizard lounge or something like that off 240 and penn.

Haven't been to a watch party yet. I keep talking about it...just never followed thru with it.

All of this because you said you like both the Cowboys and the Packers? Now they're Mcarthying you?

Yeah it's weird...the mods around here are extremely paranoid for some reason. My other thread got deleted for some reason also. Oh well haters gonna hate.

Yeah it's weird...the mods around here are extremely paranoid for some reason. My other thread got deleted for some reason also. Oh well haters gonna hate.

Ah they're not being paranoid...just vigiliant. Someone has to be on watch in case Voldermort and the dementors come back....those were dark days....oh so dark.

Doodle,

Haven't been to a watch party yet. I keep talking about it...just never followed thru with it.

You should do it, it's awesome being around fellow huskers, just make sure you get there early it fills up fast...hell if you ever decide to go PM me, I'll buy ya a beer. It'd be cool to see a fellow huskerboard member

Knapp is old....I mean reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally old. When he said "caboose" he was actually referring to the actual caboose on the old steam engine trains....like he used to ride when he was younger....which was a long time ago...in a galaxy far far away.

Huskers above and beyond any and all other teams always.....always.

In the past three years I've started following the Arkansas Razorbacks because my daughter and her husband live down there and are fans. It's a good fit because they are a decent team and seldom conflict with Husker interests.

Was a Houston Oilers fan for a long time (the Bummer , Walt Garrison and Earl Campbell)....have adopted the Saints as my son is a huge Saints fan. I was an official member of the Johnny Unitas fan club when I was very young...had the autographed pic (high top black football shoes in the classic throwing motion), membership letter and membership card....wish I still had that stuff now...$$$$$$!!!!!! My buddy was a member of the Bart Starr fan club....(dang I'm old).

Have been a Boston Celtics fan forever, never a fan of any other team. Never.....even though my mother has always been a Lakers fan???

I don't post on here often, but I thought I would chime in on this thread. I love the Huskers and their is no other CFB team that even comes close in my mind. I have always been a supporter of the Ole Miss Rebels because i was lucky enough to go to 2 home games in Oxford and it is an amazing experience! Arguably one of the greatest tailgating atmospheres in the country! I grew up in Memphis, TN and went to Ole Miss vs Georgia and Ole Miss vs. Arkansas when Eli was a redshirt freshman and Deuce Mcallister was in his prime. But, my parents raised me a Husker, and living in Omaha now there is no one else that comes close to matching my love for the Huskers. GBR

Not even arguable in my mind. The Grove is THE best pre-game around. Try it before you disagree....

Well said! I definitely want to get back down to a game, although Ole Miss has been struggling, the atmosphere is one of a kind!

The Chartruese Caboose? That right?

Anyway, other than the Huskers:

1) San Francisco 49ers. San Francisco Giants, Golden State Warriors. That's where I live now. I kinda root for Cal and it's hard not to admire Stanford. The Giants winning the World Series did take a lot of sting off the Husker collapse last fall.

2) Bandwagons. Why not jump on bandwagons? If you're not tied by geography or personal history, might as well go for teams that entertain you. I like watching the Packers and the Patriots. In college I enjoy watching Oregon do it's totally go-for-broke thing, but don't actually root for them. I think Boise State is a great story and really don't get the Boise State hate. This season I find myself rooting for the former Big 8 teams against the rest of the Big 12 and the NCAA. Except for Colorado. Which brings up:

3) Teams I enjoy rooting against. Hate the Cowboys but kinda like Tony Romo. For some perverse reason have always enjoyed watching the Denver Broncos lose. Texas can't lose enough. Same with all the Florida teams. Used to feel this way about Notre Dame, but they've been irrelevant so long I don't even bother anymore.