Do you root for any other teams?

Doodlebug

Obviously I'm rooting for the 'skers over anybody, but do y'all have a second favorite team you go for? I really like LSU for their tough D (you can probably thank bo for that) and OK St is super fun to watch. They're teams I kinda secretly root for but if they ever played us there's no way I would go for them. Also I'm a hardcore Dallas Cowboys fan but I've started really becoming a packers fan lately. Also Broncos (Tebow Baby!)

Obviously I'm rooting for the 'skers over anybody, but do y'all have a second favorite team you go for? I really like LSU for their tough D (you can probably thank bo for that) and OK St is super fun to watch. They're teams I kinda secretly root for but if they ever played us there's no way I would go for them. Also I'm a hardcore Dallas Cowboys fan but I've started really becoming a packers fan lately. Also Broncos (Tebow Baby!)

Hell no I don't root for another team!... I'm drunk

I "root" for a lot of teams based on personalities, styles of play and my connections to the area...however there are very few teams of which I'm a fan. There's a huge difference to me.

NFL

Packers - Obviously, they come first above all my other teams, its really the only team in the league I follow. Born and raised its like a religion...don't miss a game unless I absolutely have to...

Colts - have family around Muncie and I like Peyton

Bears* - I don't "root" for them, in fact I hate them but I have the utmost respect for them as a team. If the Packers did not exist, I'd be a Bears fan.

CFB

Badgers

Gamecocks - Used to live in the Columbia area

Boilermakers - My Grandfather's the oldest living alum

Huskers - before the realignment, still a little bit when it doesn't hurt the Badgers

K-State - I root for them occasionally just because I live right down the street from them but I'm no big fan, just a passing interest

Michigan - root for them in the Game because I hate OSU, really liked the team when they had Hart and Henne...not so much now

LSU, Bama and UF (under Meyer)...simply because of the coaches

Troy and Fresno State- My Mid-Major teams, I just like how they're not afraid to play tough teams

Georgia Tech - Lived in Georgia for way too long, got sick of UGA fans and I'm digging the Option

Army- Only for the Army-Navy game, not a big fan of the Academy...reminds me of the Army version of Hogwarts

Tennessee - Dated a girl from Knoxville and they kind of grew on me and I love the state, I'd like to retire there...its just beautiful

NHL

Red Wings - I have no real reason to like them but they were good when I started watching and they've grown on me

MLB

Brewers

Braves

Cardinals - I don't really "root" for them but I used to always watch them as a kid because my Grandfather was a fan so I keep up with them

NBA

Don't care that much, not a Bucks fan though, kind of prefer the Bulls but don't really care

College Basketball

Wisconsin

UNC - No reason here, I just really, really hate Duke

Michigan State-As long as it doesn't hurt UW, I like Izzo...

Teams I hate

NFL

Steelers - Tons of respect though

Vikings - I hate the Bears but I love our rivalry and their history, if the franchise was in danger I'd be pissed and want to save them, however if tomorrow the Vikings were to cease to exist I wouldn't give a sh#t. f#*k Minnesota

Patriots

Cowboys

CFB

Notre Dame

Ohio State

Minnesota

UGA

Clemson...ok most teams from the ACC

Boise

TCU

USC...and most of the Pac-12

Auburn

Arkansas

Texas A&M...just because of the Corps, they think they're hot sh#t because of their boots

Indiana

NHL

Stars

Avalanche

MLB

Yankees

Mets

Red Sox

Twins

Cubs

College Basketball

Indiana

Duke

OSU

WOW that is alot of detail ....... I lived in Hudson WI (A suburb of MN/ST.Paul), about 5 years so I get the reversable jacket, Vikings and Packers

Haha wow, I know Hudson. I'm from Rice Lake.

That is a great area, I have fond memories of being at a rice lake cabin during a Tornado warning ...... the wife and I often thing we should not have moved, now we are in Oregon. We really did like the area the Tornado think is just part of the story.

• Fire 1

WOW that is alot of detail ....... I lived in Hudson WI (A suburb of MN/ST.Paul), about 5 years so I get the reversable jacket, Vikings and Packers

Haha wow, I know Hudson. I'm from Rice Lake.

That is a great area, I have fond memories of being at a rice lake cabin during a Tornado warning ...... the wife and I often thing we should not have moved, now we are in Oregon. We really did like the area the Tornado think is just part of the story.

Ah yea that's one thing I don't miss, been through way more of those than a person would like. I remember driving through Ladysmith after that Tornado they had a few years ago, it looked like a warzone. I miss the Hudson area because of that A&W in Baldwin. To this day I still stop there when I fly home through the cities. Anyhow thanks for the nostalgia :backtotopic

well the huskers of course, and then my alma mater pitt state, where i played college ball at ONCE A GORILLA ALWAYS A GORILLA!!!

i also kinda like KU and TCU but just because Gary Patterson is from kansas

teams i hate are Iowa State, Duke, and Miami, and i loathe Kstate there are tons of kstate fans here where i live and 90% of them are a-holes and dont know how to win with class

Numero Uno, above all else: The Huskers

After that, it depends.

Teams I like:

NFL:

Seahawks: they're my team, I'm a younger-generation person, and I started watching the Hawks during the '06 season. Been a huge fan ever since, but I've cooled a bit since they started losing, as well as the NFL Lockout.

Lions: like 'em for Suh, also the underdog story, I guess.

Chiefs, Packers, Texans, Ravens: I just lump them into the 'they're aight' category.

MLB:

Mariners: well, after I became a fan of the Seahawks, I just decided I'd be a one-city (now more one-state or one-region) sports guy, so I adopted the Mariners. However, I don't follow baseball really at all, just know some of the names and stuff.

Royals, Cubs: only other teams, Royals because Fox Sports Midwest plays every Royals game, so it's forced on me, and Cubs because almost everybody I know is a Cubs fan if they follow baseball.

NBA:

Trail Blazers: I used to be hooked on the NBA for a while, but I'm almost turned off by it now, because of the lockout and the thugs they call players. However, there's the Blazers right now, but it's the Sonics for me, if and when they come back.

Hornets: When I wasn't a one-region guy, I liked the Hornets for no apparent reason, other than I liked Chris Paul alot.

NHL:

Canucks: I follow the NHL even less than the MLB, so I couldn't really tell you anything at all. But, I guess the Canucks are my team I would root for.

MLS:

Sounders FC: I actually am a huge soccer fan right now, and love the Sounders, can't wait for next season!

Sporting KC: before the Sounders, I just picked the closest team to Lincoln.

Minor League sports:

Lincoln Saltdogs

Lincoln Stars

Omaha Nighthawks

College Football:

Numero Uno is Nebraska

TCU: like the underdog story, and they're not as annoying as Boise State.

Ohio: Always root for a former Husker Coach, except the evil one.

Kansas: I like Gill, kinda feel sorry that it's not going so well for him there.

Georgia: I like Mark Richt a lot, and they're a decent team.

Oklahoma: More like respect, I definitely would root for them over some other teams in the NCAA.

College Basketball:

Nebraska, even though they suck

Creighton: Will root for the Nebraska schools

Nebraska-Omaha: see Creighton

Butler: liked their NCAA Tournament performances, even though they didn't end well.

I won't get much into the teams I hate, let's just say it involves a big ugly Star, an orange cow, and pinstripes....

ok, i think doodlebug is a troll.

Doodlebug does post from Oklahoma, and as we all know, there is no such thing as a Husker fan in Okie Land. So this must be true.

Haha...yes unfortunately I live in OKC now...sucks being around so many sooner fans. I don't mind you calling me a troll, but please don't call me an Okie...low blow my friend, low blow. Moved here from DFW in Jan. and I can tell you there are no worse fans than sooner fans. I hate the longhorns but bc of my texas plates I get harassed all the time. I have had people throw beer cans at my truck while on the highway and get the upside down longhorns sign flashed at me all the time. Actually became a bigger fan once I moved away, having to defend us against all the Texas fans and now Sooner fans. I Grew up in Lincoln and went to UNL. Humann elementary, Pound Middle School, Lincoln Southeast. Barrett Ruud was a year older than me and sat next to me in math class. Alex Gordan was in my class. Don't know how else I can prove I'm a husker. Ask me anything!

alright, doodlebug, you seem legit. i retract my skepticism

Here's my rooting order during bowl season:

1. Ohio State

2. All other B1G teams vs whomever (typically SEC, B12, PAC)

3. Anyone playing an SEC team

4. Anyone playing a Texas team (UT, A&M, TCU)

5. Anyone playing USC

6. Anyone playing FSU, Clemson & Ga Tech

It is pretty self-explanatory but if a Texas team is playing an SEC team, I root for Texas team, FSU playing a Texas team, I root for FSU.

As far as college football goes:

1) Nebraska

2) Anybody who can help Nebraska by winning

This and this :)

Same here.

NFL: Oakland Raiders, Lions because of Suh and Barry Sanders, The Bears Dick Butkus fan the Steelers as long there not playing the raiders.

MLB: Yankees my grandma was born there Reds my Mother was born in Ciny. Cards

Nba: Lakers

Nhl: NY Rangers

well the huskers of course, and then my alma mater pitt state, where i played college ball at ONCE A GORILLA ALWAYS A GORILLA!!!

i also kinda like KU and TCU but just because Gary Patterson is from kansas

teams i hate are Iowa State, Duke, and Miami, and i loathe Kstate there are tons of kstate fans here where i live and 90% of them are a-holes and dont know how to win with class

Whoa! NWMSU right here man! Once a Bearcat always a Bearcat

I think it should be quite obvious which NFL team I like.

Other than that, don't care about the NBA, Braves are my baseball team, and Huskers for everything else. There usually is one college basketball team that I love watching each year just based on the players on the team...the last couple years it has been UNC, although admittedly because I can't stand Duke.