Do you root for any other teams?

Doodlebug

Anyone who beats the Steelers or Cowboys. Except when they play each other. Then I just hope everyone that goes to the game gets an infection of some sort for enabling something so heinous...

I will be a Nebrasketball fan once I am able to publicly admit they actually have a men's basketball team. Unfortunately I live in Jayhawk country and am not about to open that can of worms yet. So, any news on the awesome new Nebraska sponsored "roller skating rink" in Lincoln? Hearing lots of good things!

HOWEVER, my loyalty is fickle because I have reserved a special place in my heart for the first team that blames any form of God for a loss purely for comedic value. Any team, any sport, doesn't matter. NBA team, fine. Junior high wiffleball all-stars, even better. Doubt it will ever happen but a guy can dream.

Someone explain to me why they hate Boise State?

I always thought there was a lot to admire in that program.

I hate that they never schedule more than 2 or 3 even decent opponents per season and still whine when they don't get a shot at a MNC. And I think we will find in the coming years that Boise isn't exactly squeaky clean in the recruiting area.

My teams:

CFB: Nebraska and absolutely no one else with any consistency (ie- I cheer for who Iowa plays)

NFL: The Niners

MLB: the Cubbies

NBA: NYK! Go Knicks!

NHL: Minnesota Wild

Soccer: Man U

CBB: Nebrasketball, but I pull for Duke in the tourney because of Coach K

I hate that they never schedule more than 2 or 3 even decent opponents per season and still whine when they don't get a shot at a MNC. And I think we will find in the coming years that Boise isn't exactly squeaky clean in the recruiting area.

This is why I can stand TCU & hate Boise St. TCU shuts their mouth & plays football. Boise St thinks they desirve more then they earn. What Bobby Bowden did at FSU is a great example of how you build a team. He took FSU & put them on the map. He took them all over the country to play the big boys. I don't cheer for FSU, but I have a lot of respect for their program & for Bobby Bowden because of what they did.

Sure, they've built a nice program from basically nothing, and they seem to have done it in the right way, so there's a lot to admire there. But the incessant "disrespect" card being played in every conversation gets tiresome. The fact is that they haven't earned a spot on the big stage yet, and they won't until they join a "real" conference and play a tough schedule like the other big boys.

Sure, they've had a great record the past few years. But tell me, which team wouldn't playing these SOS's in the past ten years?

2001 - 98

2002 - 112

2003 - 103

2004 - 78

2005 - 98

2006 - 90

2007 - 113

2008 - 94

2009 - 96

2010 - 81

re: Boise State.

Hey, EVERY team tries to play the disrespect card. Boise State was born in a second-tier conference, so they didn't have much choice in that respect, and most times they've been up against top-tier opponents they've answered the bell. Their double-comeback victory against Oklahoma was one of the best college football games I've ever seen. There's not a coach in the Top 10 who would dare under-estimate Boise State today, and that's quite an accomplishment for a school that sounded fictional 10 years ago.

I wouldn't characterize what Boise State coaches, players and fans do as whining. It's what any fanbase would do in the same position. They're on their way to a more competitive conference, so we'll see.

Eye-rolling, maybe. Hate seems way too strong.

The reason I withhold too much vitriol from Boise St. is the fact they were born in that second-tier conference. I'm sure today they wish they were geographically closer to the Center of Power in college football instead of out there in B.F.E., but they are where they are. So you can't blame them for that.

However, the other shoe waiting to drop in the Boise State saga is, what happens when Chris Petersen leaves. They have had very limited success without him running the offense. When he goes, do they sustain what he built?