Nyatawa's Stats - Taylor's Targets/Catches

knapplc

There have been dropped catchable passes. But, there have been many caught passes that were excellent catches.

T-Mart has gotten better, but he is still not very accurate. When you are reciever and you don't know where the ball will hit you consistently, it is tough not to overthink and muff some balls.

For example, 3 years ago, the Vikings receivers were all junk and couldn't catch crud. Then 'ole #4 showed up and suddenly they looked like all-stars. Say what you will about Favre, but he was a definite step up in accuracy and it lifted the receivers ability as well.

Then #4 started texting and well, . . . crocs? Really crocs?

When you are reciever and you don't know where the ball will hit you consistently, it is tough not to overthink and muff some balls.

It has far more to do with a will to catch the ball than with a consistently-thrown pass. If it hits you in the hands, you catch it. If you can't, that's on the receiver, not the QB.

When you are reciever and you don't know where the ball will hit you consistently, it is tough not to overthink and muff some balls.

It has far more to do with a will to catch the ball than with a consistently-thrown pass. If it hits you in the hands, you catch it. If you can't, that's on the receiver, not the QB.

I've stayed out of this one because I think I've said my piece on the recievers....but Knapp, what you just said is 100% off base. From everything you've said about BK, he strives to really lead this team and gives everything he has for the team. You think he doesn't have a "will" to catch everything thrown to him?

These guys all have the "will" to catch the ball, it's a lack of concentration and fundamentals when one goes through you're hands (the real drops, in my opinion, but thats beating the dead horse). They probably want to catch it too badly. Once you start thinking about catching it, that is where problems arise, it has to be an instictive act. And I won't add in my feelings on how different the results are when balls consistently hit receivers in the right spots.

I've stayed out of this one because I think I've said my piece on the recievers....but Knapp, what you just said is 100% off base. From everything you've said about BK, he strives to really lead this team and gives everything he has for the team. You think he doesn't have a "will" to catch everything thrown to him?

These guys all have the "will" to catch the ball, it's a lack of concentration and fundamentals when one goes through you're hands (the real drops, in my opinion, but thats beating the dead horse). They probably want to catch it too badly. Once you start thinking about catching it, that is where problems arise, it has to be an instictive act.

I think BK's sprained thumb has a lot more to do with his drops than anything. He's a bad example. But yes, the will to catch the ball that hits your hands seems lacking. I don't see how that's up for debate.

These guys all have the "will" to catch the ball, it's a lack of concentration and fundamentals when one goes through you're hands (the real drops, in my opinion, but thats beating the dead horse). They probably want to catch it too badly. Once you start thinking about catching it, that is where problems arise, it has to be an instictive act.

I think BK's sprained thumb has a lot more to do with his drops than anything. He's a bad example. But yes, the will to catch the ball that hits your hands seems lacking. I don't see how that's up for debate.

So basically you're saying you don't believe they want to catch the ball badly enough?

I'm with 3rd here. It's not like the receivers are just saying "Man, I don't feel like catching the ball...I'll just drop it."

Catching is an instinctive act, and it is learned through repetition of fundamentals. Once it is learned all it is is just going through the motions. Thinking interferes with that motion and more often than not it results in a dropped ball.

But the receivers are by no means just not wanting it enough.

So our receivers can only catch the ball if it's thrown to the exact same spot every time so they can get reps on it?

I guess that's why every week, all over the country, we see other teams' receivers making all sorts of catches that are too high, behind them, too low, etc etc.

First, I do agree, particularly since Swift and Pedersen left, that the wideouts have NOT done a good job of going and GETTING the Bloody ball. I don't know if that is "will" or rather just not being aggressive.

However, in the WRs defense, I do think they run a route and are "thinking" about where the ball will be, assuming it won't hit them on target. Thinking is a recipe for disaster in football.

So our receivers can only catch the ball if it's thrown to the exact same spot every time so they can get reps on it?

I guess that's why every week, all over the country, we see other teams' receivers making all sorts of catches that are too high, behind them, too low, etc etc.

Go watch Landry Jones. He consistently can put a ball on target. There is a trust between receiver and QB.

T-Mart is not a passing QB. He has gotten better.

The WRs have had some bad drops. But saying that it is entirely their fault is overblown. Just like the WI loss wasn't entirely T-Mart's fault.

First, I do agree, particularly since Swift and Pedersen left, that the wideouts have NOT done a good job of going and GETTING the Bloody ball. I don't know if that is "will" or rather just not being aggressive.

However, in the WRs defense, I do think they run a route and are "thinking" about where the ball will be, assuming it won't hit them on target. Thinking is a recipe for disaster in football.

I don't agree, because if the ball is on target and hits you in the hands how can you over think that....you think they are surprised its not target and they all of the sudden drop it out of shock? I believe our receivers (and a lot of receivers that drop balls) are too concerned with what they are going to do after the catch before they actually catch it. Lack of focus.

Go watch Landry Jones. He consistently can put a ball on target. There is a trust between receiver and QB.

T-Mart is not a passing QB. He has gotten better.

The WRs have had some bad drops. But saying that it is entirely their fault is overblown. Just like the WI loss wasn't entirely T-Mart's fault.

I never said Martinez was an pinpoint passer like a Landry Jones. But like you said in your other post, our receivers seem to have issues going after the ball when it's in the air. It goes both ways, Taylor could be more accurate, and the receivers could be more aggressive. But the wide open drops that hit guys in the chest/hands are inexcusable IMO.

I remember watching Landry Jones throw 5 ints in one game vs us, it has taken him awhile to get to the point he is. That is when he was maturing as a QB and this is Taylor Maturing as a QB

• Fire 1

So basically you're saying you don't believe they want to catch the ball badly enough?

The ball hits the receiver in the hands and he doesn't catch it. What label do you want to put on that to make it OK?

The ball hits the receiver in the hands and he doesn't catch it. What label do you want to put on that to make it OK?

Nothing you can label it makes it OK, it is what it is, a mistake. But go tell those receivers you think they're dropping balls because they don't want it enough and I bet you get a different reception from them in the future when you want to speak with them. It's just incredulous to me that someone who defends the players on most occassions would make a statement like that.

In fact, tell Bo you think his kids are dropping balls because they don't have the will to catch them.