Back to reality.

The mistakes that Nebraska made today have nothing to do with coaching. Mental mistakes are ones that can be traced back to coaching but physical mistakes like fumbles on kickoff returns and diving into the punter have nothing to do with the coaching staff.

Last I checked Pelini was not out there returning kicks of on the punt block team.

Isnt a coach's job to prepare his players and cut down on the critical mistakes? Seems like since bo's been coaching we have always made those critical mistakes, correct? Not saying he needs to be fired but if this stuff is happening in a few years then he needs to go

We have the talent. We are not developing it properly. And if anyone tries to argue that, think about the mostly mistake-free, disciplined, organized football you see out of FAR lesser schools because coaches know how to instill technique. Teams like Iowa State, Stanford, etc. They have nowhere near the overall talent, and yet they do not commit the turnovers or penalties we do. There are so many lesser programs that play crisp football that it makes me sick.

Our defense is pretty slow and our secondary always gets beat...we are bad against the run to...how do we have talent again?

Maybe Bo and the coaches arent working as hard as they could. Maybe theyre just along for the ride and collecting a paycheck. Maybe they just dont care anymore. Hell, i woudlnt either if i had idiot fans like some of you morons busting my balls all the time. My question, will you be kissing his toes again if we win next week?

Might want to learn how to read. Ive said hes a good coach but if this continues for the next 2-3 years then he needs to be fired. Unless ur happy with 4 loss seasons and never staying in the top 10. I just said he needs to start making changes.

SO MUCH FACEPALM

We have the talent, that's the thing. That game was lost due to terrible mistakes, coaching, bad execution, etc. Talent not the problem

Then what is the problem? Weve consistently had games like this the past 4 years and who on our defense is talented besides david and dennard?

Our defense is incredibly young. And Stafford, Martin, Steinkuhler, Meredith definitely are up there talent-wise. The offense is also full of young talent. We have consistently had games like this BECAUSE OF EXECUTION MISTAKES, COACHING MISTAKES, ETC ETC. NOT BECAUSE OF LACK OF TALENT. Now if we lose big to Alabama, then maybe we could complain about talent.

If we lost badly to Alabama, what would give you the slightest thought that it would not be 40-50 to nothing, list LSU, OKie Lite, Oregon, Standford and a host of others.

We just got handled by Northwestern and beat like a drum by Michigan. There isn't a team in the big that could carry any of their jock straps.

We would get killed by any top program, it is a proven. Washington our great win there, got killed by USC 40something to one TD and they are not rated.

The mistakes that Nebraska made today have nothing to do with coaching. Mental mistakes are ones that can be traced back to coaching but physical mistakes like fumbles on kickoff returns and diving into the punter have nothing to do with the coaching staff.

Last I checked Pelini was not out there returning kicks of on the punt block team.

Isnt a coach's job to prepare his players and cut down on the critical mistakes? Seems like since bo's been coaching we have always made those critical mistakes, correct? Not saying he needs to be fired but if this stuff is happening in a few years then he needs to go

There are a lot of people out there blaming the coaching staff for things such as ball security and tackling. Nebraska plays big boy football in a major conference. The type of kids that come to Nebraska have obviously been taught from a young age that you cover the ball with two hands while running in traffic and you certainly wrap up when tackling. How these basic fundamentals taught in Pop Warner football not being executed falls back on the coaching staff boggles my mind. I am sure even these basics are worked on in practice but Pelini can't take the field and execute these things.

SO MUCH FACEPALM

We have the talent, that's the thing. That game was lost due to terrible mistakes, coaching, bad execution, etc. Talent not the problem

Then what is the problem? Weve consistently had games like this the past 4 years and who on our defense is talented besides david and dennard?

Our defense is incredibly young. And Stafford, Martin, Steinkuhler, Meredith definitely are up there talent-wise. The offense is also full of young talent. We have consistently had games like this BECAUSE OF EXECUTION MISTAKES, COACHING MISTAKES, ETC ETC. NOT BECAUSE OF LACK OF TALENT. Now if we lose big to Alabama, then maybe we could complain about talent.

Meredith isnt that great of a player, look how many tackles he misses and look how slow he is. Stafford is average, steinkuhler is good and martin is average at best.