Potential Rankings

Excel

How do you see this week's BCS rankings panning out when all the smoke clears?

The most current.

1. LSU (W 52-3 @ Ole Miss)
  2. Oklahoma State (L 31-37@ ISU)
  3. Alabama (W 45-21 vs. Ga So)
  4. Oregon (L 38-35 v. USC)
  5. Oklahoma (L 38-45 @ Baylor)
  6. Arkansas (W 44-17 v. Miss St)
  7. Clemson (L 13-37 v. NCST)
  8. Virginia Tech (W 24-21 v. UNC)
  9. Stanford (W 31-28 v. Cal)
  10. Boise State (W 52-35 @ SDSU)
  11. Houston (W 37-7 v. SMU)
  12. South Carolina (W 41-20 v. Citadel)
  13. Kansas State (W 17-13 v. UT)
  14. Georgia (W 19-10 v. UK)
  15. Michigan State (W 55-3 v. IU)
  16. Nebraska (L 17-45 @ UM)
  17. Wisconsin (W 28-17 @ Ill)
  18. Michigan (W 45-17 v. NU)
  19. grey.gifTCU (W 34-10 v. CSU)
  20. Southern Miss (L 31-34 @ UAB)
  21. Penn State (W 20-14 @ OSU)
  22. grey.gifBaylor (W 45-38 v. OU)
  23. grey.gifTexas (L 13-17 v. KSU)
  24. Auburn (W 35-16 v. Samford)
  25. Florida State (L 13-14 v. UVA)

AP that just came out

1. LSU
  2. Alabama
  3. Arkansas
  4. Virginia Tech
  5. Stanford
  6. Oklahoma State
  7. Houston
  8. Boise State
  9. Oregon
  10. Michigan State
  11. Oklahoma
  12. Wisconsin
  13. South Carolina
  14. Georgia
  15. Kansas State
  16. Michigan
  17. Clemson
  18. TCU
  19. Penn State
  20. Baylor
  21. Georgia Tech
  22. Nebraska
  23. West Virginia
  24. Notre Dame
  25. Virginia

Here is a scenario for you all.

1 vs 3 next week with LSU/Arkansas. If Arkansas beats LSU forcing a 3 way tie in the West division of the SEC, do they use the BCS rankings to figure out who plays in the CCG?

if so. Does Arkansas jump Bama in the BCS rankings, for the right to play Georgia? Now here is where it gets tricky. Lets say Georgia beats Arkansas, is it LSU and Bama sitting at #2 and #3 waiting for a rematch in the BCS title game when neither one played for their own CCG?

Could be a wild wild finish.

1 vs 3 next week with LSU/Arkansas. If Arkansas beats LSU forcing a 3 way tie in the West division of the SEC, do they use the BCS rankings to figure out who plays in the CCG?

if so. Does Arkansas jump Bama in the BCS rankings, for the right to play Georgia? Now here is where it gets tricky. Lets say Georgia beats Arkansas, is it LSU and Bama sitting at #2 and #3 waiting for a rematch in the BCS title game when neither one played for their own CCG?

That would be crazy and that is my understanding of SEC tiebreaking rules....this season might be the straw that broke the BCS camel's back.

That would be crazy and that is my understanding of SEC tiebreaking rules....this season might be the straw that broke the BCS camel's back.

after i posted my scenario here's what I thought about. If Georgia won that game over Arkansas....UGA would get the sugar bowl bid, meaning what? #1 Bama vs #3 Va Tech? Can't have 3 conference teams in the BCS.

after i posted my scenario here's what I thought about. If Georgia won that game over Arkansas....UGA would get the sugar bowl bid, meaning what? #1 Bama vs #3 Va Tech? Can't have 3 conference teams in the BCS.

In summary... LSU, Bama, Arkansas, Georgia. Two of them are not getting a BCS Bowl.... This is just ridiculous.

I've been reading some other boards and apparently there is a way, don't quote or argue with me on this because I'm just playing messenger, for the SEC to get three teams in to BCS bowls however its nearly impossible.

UGA would have to beat LSU in the SEC CG getting them to the Sugar Bowl. LSU would then have to just barely slide down to number two with Bama moving up sending them both to the MNC. Apparently this is allowed by BCS rules...I don't know if that's true though and I'm far to lazy to look into it.

The top of the SEC beats up on each other and stays ranked high because they are the SEC. The Big 10 beats up on each other and we get ranked in the 14-20 range because we are the Big 10. Explain to me how this all actually makes sense again?

5 MNC's in a row and a New Year's day like we had this past year...that's how.