Today's Presser

knapplc

all Bo has left is sunshine pumping? this program is not getting better, lots of new faces, but honestly, we got some unproven coaches and the results of that and poor recruiting is so far regretable.....learning curve for young players and now for young coaches.........the Bo experiment is on shakey ground.........lose the last game and a bowl bid, sh#t will hit the fan at the end of next year.

We aren't having "poor recruiting." That's a myth, and I'm not sure where people are coming up with this. Bo's recruiting ranks so far:

2008 - 30

2009 - 28

2010 - 22

2011 - 15

At the moment we're ranked 49th by Rivals (where the above numbers came from), but this class is tiny and was always destined to be ranked lower.

Recruiting isn't the problem. It's coaching/developing talent, with a side order of getting the talent you recruit to produce on game day. We are clearly getting kids that should have us competing with pretty much anyone in the nation. We are simply not getting the results out of them.

It's the coaches. Not the recruits.

• Fire 1

We aren't having "poor recruiting." That's a myth, and I'm not sure where people are coming up with this. Bo's recruiting ranks so far:

2008 - 30

2009 - 28

2010 - 22

2011 - 15

At the moment we're ranked 49th by Rivals (where the above numbers came from), but this class is tiny and was always destined to be ranked lower.

Recruiting isn't the problem. It's coaching/developing talent, with a side order of getting the talent you recruit to produce on game day. We are clearly getting kids that should have us competing with pretty much anyone in the nation. We are simply not getting the results out of them.

Agree with this.

2008 - 30

2009 - 28

2010 - 22

2011 - 15

Considering you said this, does this make Bo much different in that regard than BC? While I know it must be noted that Bo is doing a lot better than BC, this was always everybodies biggest gripe about BC. He could recruit with the best of them, but he didn't develop what he got. The thing I still find odd in all of this was how Bo did a terrific job of developing BC talent, but he isn't having near the success developing the talent he's brought into the program. I still think he needs at least another five years to really get a feel for what he can do. However, I can't argue with those wanting to see immediate progress given the fact that neither FS or BC got that amount of time I believe Bo needs.

• Fire 1

Considering you said this, does this make Bo much different in that regard than BC? While I know it must be noted that Bo is doing a lot better than BC, this was always everybodies biggest gripe about BC. He could recruit with the best of them, but he didn't develop what he got. The thing I still find odd in all of this was how Bo did a terrific job of developing BC talent, but he isn't having near the success developing the talent he's brought into the program. I still think he needs at least another five years to really get a feel for what he can do. However, I can't argue with those wanting to see immediate progress given the fact that neither FS or BC got that amount of time I believe Bo needs.

I would say that, comparing four years to four years, yes, the same thing could be said about Bo that was said about Callahan regarding the development of talent. Bo claims that we're better off now than we were. Not in this aspect we're not.

I just wonder if he's really head coach material. Defensively, he's a genius, but even that luster has gone with the "D" play this year. I'm just tired of the hyperbole and the coachspeak.

If it's execution and focus, then that is on the coaching staff. This continual "we'll fix it" is getting old now by game #11.

Maybe we need Tim "Tool time" Taylor. At least there would be some good hearted fun and something to laugh at.

Saturday the mistakes and foibles had me crying !!!!

2008 - 30

2009 - 28

2010 - 22

2011 - 15

really? so all the nebraska kids playing for us every weekend were highly recruited across the nation? help me out here knapp....and no top 10 recruiting classes since Pelini has been here.........30 and 28 are poor.......49th is pitiful, no matter how small the class.

• Fire 1

I would say that, comparing four years to four years, yes, the same thing could be said about Bo that was said about Callahan regarding the development of talent. Bo claims that we're better off now than we were. Not in this aspect we're not.

Bo is right. We are better off now than we were then. Bo also did develop BC talent. BC never developed anything in the time he was here. Again, I just find it extremely odd that Bo could develop BC talent but not his own. When Bo first came into the program as HC, I would have given Suh to anyone. Even after the first couple of games in 08' with all the personal fouls and such Suh drew, I would have given him to anyone. Somewhere along the line, the lightbulb went on and the rest is history. Why aren't we seeing the same thing happen with Bo's recruits? He seems to have developed the JuCo recruits rather well with David and Stafford. I just don't get why we aren't seeing it with the underclassmen.

I just wonder if he's really head coach material. Defensively, he's a genius, but even that luster has gone with the "D" play this year. I'm just tired of the hyperbole and the coachspeak.

If it's execution and focus, then that is on the coaching staff. This continual "we'll fix it" is getting old now by game #11.

Maybe we need Tim "Tool time" Taylor. At least there would be some good hearted fun and something to laugh at.

Saturday the mistakes and foibles had me crying !!!!

special teams has been suspect all year, especially kick coverage/returns, still making tons of mistakes, holding, etc.......no improvement that i can see.

2008 - 30

2009 - 28

2010 - 22

2011 - 15

really? so all the nebraska kids playing for us every weeklend were highly recruited across the nation? help me out here knapp....and no top 10 recruting classes since Pelini has been here.........30 and 28 are poor.......49th is pitiful, no matter how small the class.

I would lay off stomping Bo's cubes for this. TO's recruiting classes very rarely came in above the 20's. TO also had a high number of Nebraska kids playing even in his last four years during "the run". I don't believe his recruiting is what is leading to what we're witnessing.

2008 - 30

2009 - 28

2010 - 22

2011 - 15

really? so all the nebraska kids playing for us every weekend were highly recruited across the nation? help me out here knapp....and no top 10 recruiting classes since Pelini has been here.........30 and 28 are poor.......49th is pitiful, no matter how small the class.

49th is our current rank. Coincidentally, it's not terribly far off from where we were this time last year when everyone was pressing the panic button. We turned out a fifteenth-ranked class, brought in Jamal Turner, Aaron Green, Ameer Abdullah... I'd say that was a decent class. Wait to bitch about this class when the players come in.

You can't bitch about the 2008 class - Pelini had a couple of months to cobble together a class. Not on him. As Junior mentioned, the other two classes are on par with TO's classes.