Rex in a protective boot

lo country

i will just cut to the chase here and say it........it was plain stupid for Pelini to run this kid into the ground in such a grueling season. he was bound to show some stress along the way with such a heavy work load. damnit, we have other backs that can rotate in, you have to be smart about it, by November all your best horses are gonna show wear and tear.......i call piss poor decision making on Pelini's part, another example of hard headedness. sure Rex is going to want to play, but coaches are paid to use their brain and protect their atheletes and ensure their longevity.....

Man, sounds like Bo needs to put you on the coaching staff since you have all the answers

i will just cut to the chase here and say it........it was plain stupid for Pelini to run this kid into the ground in such a grueling season. he was bound to show some stress along the way with such a heavy work load. damnit, we have other backs that can rotate in, you have to be smart about it, by November all your best horses are gonna show wear and tear.......i call piss poor decision making on Pelini's part, another example of hard headedness. sure Rex is going to want to play, but coaches are paid to use their brain and protect their atheletes and ensure their longevity.....

Man, sounds like Bo needs to put you on the coaching staff since you have all the answers

Umm......this has kind of been an overwelming consent on this board. It is not just hunter

Umm......this has kind of been an overwelming consent on this board. It is not just hunter

I understand that, but the reason Bo has put such a load on Burkhead is because we NEED him in there. I think all 3 freshman backs will be big-time guys for their entire careers but this year they are just freshmen, and freshmen make freshman mistakes. I have no problem with having Rex in there because he is the guy that drives the entire offense. And on top of that, I'm not the coach, so it wouldn't matter what I thought if I had a differing opinion from Bo...

I understand that, but the reason Bo has put such a load on Burkhead is because we NEED him in there. I think all 3 freshman backs will be big-time guys for their entire careers but this year they are just freshmen, and freshmen make freshman mistakes. I have no problem with having Rex in there because he is the guy that drives the entire offense. And on top of that, I'm not the coach, so it wouldn't matter what I thought if I had a differing opinion from Bo...

At least one, if not two of the freshman I-backs will transfer. Turner may go as well, fwiw. The staff really screwed the pooch with these guys.

even Helu split time with Burkhead when they both played, so i guess our backups are pitiful compared to the prior situation....that's all i can think of as to why we don't give these kids game time....i think it is fair to say, Bo took a shine to Rex and TMart when they got here, no one else seems to remotely meet their standards.