Would you ever...

I would never ever go into a game hoping the Huskers lose. Never. But, there have been a few instances where, once victory is clearly unobtainable, that I have hoped it would get worse. Late in the game this past Saturday comes to mind and I know it happened frequently during the Clownahan era. For different reasons obviously. I wanted Clownahan gone but the Michigan game I really wanted to make sure the coaches and players realized something is not right. So, only when I feel it will help the team in the long run but never when victory is still possible.

I would never ever go into a game hoping the Huskers lose. Never. But, there have been a few instances where, once victory is clearly unobtainable, that I have hoped it would get worse. Late in the game this past Saturday comes to mind and I know it happened frequently during the Clownahan era. For different reasons obviously. I wanted Clownahan gone but the Michigan game I really wanted to make sure the coaches and players realized something is not right. So, only when I feel it will help the team in the long run but never when victory is still possible.

:yeah

I sat at the 2007 OSU game with a friend who is an IA fan. He was amazed that NU fans sat there and took it. Very little booing (though it was deserved) and the stadium was still half full even after the 38-0 halftime score.

I am critical of Bo. But I hope he solves things and succeeds. I won't bet on that, but I will cheer for it.

i wasnt on HB during those years, but when we had the predict the score contests was everyone picking against us, or predicting us to show some heart and win?

That game will be memorable for seeing an entire Defense and then an entire team quit (of course that would happen the next week, and then a few more times).

Frankly, OSU had every right and every opportunity to put up 80 on NU. I sorta like Mike Gundy for not choosing to run up the score any further.

It was a surreal day though.

A few days later, light would begin to return to NU land.

I'll be rooting for us to beat Iowa and our bowl game, but even if we win that doesn't mean I think our problems are solved and firings and hirings shouldn't take place.

Im interested in who you think should be hired/fired....

Bo? Good f'ing luck finding anyone to replace him

Carl? I don't think you're going to get Bo to fire his own brother....

Beck? We just hired him....give him a chance

Cotton? This one I might agree with...but at the same time, I'm not sure who we hire to fill his place

I hate morons who think people should be fired...but then they don't have any reason why, and they don't specify who should be hired in their place. They just say "Oh, we're not top 5 this year...someone should get fired...that will fix it..."...

You have that little faith in our football program we couldn't get somebody as good or better to replace all those coaches, these rose colored glasses can't see you.

I'll be rooting for us to beat Iowa and our bowl game, but even if we win that doesn't mean I think our problems are solved and firings and hirings shouldn't take place.

:wtf I don't think any firing or hirings need to take place this year. We just got rid of the one real problem last year when we let Watson go. Beck does get more than a year to try to develop his offense doesn't he. New Secondary coach? New Linebackers coach? Young team......new coaches. Hell even Bo is a young coach. He's only in his fourth year in his first HC job and hey it just so happens he had the balls to take a job like Nebraska as his first HC job and try to live up to the impossible standards Husker fans have. I've been frustrated too, but what the hell do people think, we fire this staff, hire a new one, and win a title immediately. Get real. The defense has kicked but since Pelini got here. I truly can't tell you why this season fell apart for those guys, but I have to think they will get it turned around. If they don't then we could talk about some changes in staff. But right now I think things are so new for this program how can we want change already? New coaches, new players, new conference.........new everything. We still won 8 or 9 regular season games with all the changes. This staff gets a pass from me, as much as I've hated seeing them lose the games they've lost.

:wtf I don't think any firing or hirings need to take place this year. We just got rid of the one real problem last year when we let Watson go. Beck does get more than a year to try to develop his offense doesn't he. New Secondary coach? New Linebackers coach? Young team......new coaches. Hell even Bo is a young coach. He's only in his fourth year in his first HC job and hey it just so happens he had the balls to take a job like Nebraska as his first HC job and try to live up to the impossible standards Husker fans have. I've been frustrated too, but what the hell do people think, we fire this staff, hire a new one, and win a title immediately. Get real. The defense has kicked but since Pelini got here. I truly can't tell you why this season fell apart for those guys, but I have to think they will get it turned around. If they don't then we could talk about some changes in staff. But right now I think things are so new for this program how can we want change already? New coaches, new players, new conference.........new everything. We still won 8 or 9 regular season games with all the changes. This staff gets a pass from me, as much as I've hated seeing them lose the games they've lost.

Beck's not the problem, he's the one coach on the staff I actually give a pass. The rest of the problems stem from the hires that Bo made last year and the way we're losing football games and all the other distractions this program has.