Would you ever...

I'll be rooting for us to beat Iowa and our bowl game, but even if we win that doesn't mean I think our problems are solved and firings and hirings shouldn't take place.

:wtf I don't think any firing or hirings need to take place this year. We just got rid of the one real problem last year when we let Watson go. Beck does get more than a year to try to develop his offense doesn't he. New Secondary coach? New Linebackers coach? Young team......new coaches. Hell even Bo is a young coach. He's only in his fourth year in his first HC job and hey it just so happens he had the balls to take a job like Nebraska as his first HC job and try to live up to the impossible standards Husker fans have. I've been frustrated too, but what the hell do people think, we fire this staff, hire a new one, and win a title immediately. Get real. The defense has kicked but since Pelini got here. I truly can't tell you why this season fell apart for those guys, but I have to think they will get it turned around. If they don't then we could talk about some changes in staff. But right now I think things are so new for this program how can we want change already? New coaches, new players, new conference.........new everything. We still won 8 or 9 regular season games with all the changes. This staff gets a pass from me, as much as I've hated seeing them lose the games they've lost.

Beck's not the problem, he's the one coach on the staff I actually give a pass. The rest of the problems stem from the hires that Bo made last year and the way we're losing football games and all the other distractions this program has.

Cotton is just dead wood........Bo's new hires are pups, they are on a steep learning curve....some, as former high school coaches, Bo's pick of the litter.

I'll be rooting for us to beat Iowa and our bowl game, but even if we win that doesn't mean I think our problems are solved and firings and hirings shouldn't take place.

:wtf I don't think any firing or hirings need to take place this year. We just got rid of the one real problem last year when we let Watson go. Beck does get more than a year to try to develop his offense doesn't he. New Secondary coach? New Linebackers coach? Young team......new coaches. Hell even Bo is a young coach. He's only in his fourth year in his first HC job and hey it just so happens he had the balls to take a job like Nebraska as his first HC job and try to live up to the impossible standards Husker fans have. I've been frustrated too, but what the hell do people think, we fire this staff, hire a new one, and win a title immediately. Get real. The defense has kicked but since Pelini got here. I truly can't tell you why this season fell apart for those guys, but I have to think they will get it turned around. If they don't then we could talk about some changes in staff. But right now I think things are so new for this program how can we want change already? New coaches, new players, new conference.........new everything. We still won 8 or 9 regular season games with all the changes. This staff gets a pass from me, as much as I've hated seeing them lose the games they've lost.

Beck's not the problem, he's the one coach on the staff I actually give a pass. The rest of the problems stem from the hires that Bo made last year and the way we're losing football games and all the other distractions this program has.

Cotton is just dead wood........Bo's new hires are pups, they are on a steep learning curve....some, as former high school coaches, Bo's pick of the litter.

Right, I agree with that, the question becomes should that be the case, we are Nebraska, or has it changed to where that excuse doesn't work anymore? For me no we're still Nebraska and are close enough (time wise only a decade) to where we used to be that we should still be the big name playing on the big stage. Now if this trend continues another decade and we don't really win anything (conference titles, BCS bowl appearances), then yes I think the whole "this is Nebraska" thing starts to run thin, and that's what I fear the most and don't want to happen, which is why I want change.

I hated Nebraska football through the callahan years. Hated pederson. Wanted them all gone. Cheered vehemently against NU. I saw Pederson kill one of the things I loved most in life. Course now I have perspective but yeah at the time I wanted Nebraska to lose and lose big. When TO was brought back I wanted us to win but still wanted BC gone so it was a hard call. I cheered for us but when we lost I wasn't too upset. I actually enjoyed the 70 point ksu game....

Course this is different than a coach. This was a philosophy being changed. I could no longer identify with Nebraska football so it meant nothing to me. I wanted SW gone for years but never rooted against us.

Wow. Total perspective, props to you.

Sometimes, you have to realize that you have a cancer, and do whatever you can to rid yourself of said cancer.

Never in a million years.

Maybe it's the kool-aid, but every week I believe that we can win. Back in the day, I got very used to saying "wait until next year". I am starting to get used to it again.

Wait until next year!!

I'm with you HuskerThor...from '72 - '94 we always hit a game each year where I pulled out the "wait until next year" mantra. And the thing is....it finally happened. May be another 20 years..but I'll cheer for the Big Red each and every game even if it never happens.

Changes now, with the exception of Cotton and/or bringing back Marvin Sanders, would be the final nail in the coffin IMHO.

And I truly believe that, despite the embarrassments of this year, Bo and staff will get things right.

I never cheer against the Huskers. But I know I am a really pessimistic fan. It dates back to when my family moved to Minnesota in the early 90's and Herschel Walker was traded to the Vikings, and I was in. To this day I hope the Vikings never win another game. They are the most disappointing team in the history of sports. I've never regained that optimism for sports teams. I hope they move to L.A.

Never!! That would be sacrilege.But I wouldn't be adverse to getting rid of Cotton. It kills me that all these other school's with smaller lines have been able to have success with their blocking scheme's and we still can't block anybody. that has to be on the line coach.

I have rooted against the huskers one time. But only half of them, I only hoped that the offense would play so terrible that Shawn Watson be fired on the spot.

Bo needs to stay, but he needs to change the way he communicates with people on the outside, I think it wouldn't be so bad for him to be straight up and honest with our injury situations.

I've said many times, that Barney needs to GTFO. Period. I'm sick of our offensive line sucking year after year. That goes for the DLine as well...if it wasn't for Suh, I don't think this staff would even be around anymore.