LSU - Best Team Ever?

HeyBurke

the best team ever should not have had to rely on another team to have missed four field goals

If's and but's, man. Like I said, LSU won that game. Doesn't matter that Alabama missed four field goals. Plus, Alabama is one of the best teams in recent history, along with LSU.

The fact is LSU did not dominate the Alabama game. Offense is important too. The best team ever(thread title) should have a great offense.

the best team ever should not have had to rely on another team to have missed four field goals

If's and but's, man. Like I said, LSU won that game. Doesn't matter that Alabama missed four field goals. Plus, Alabama is one of the best teams in recent history, along with LSU.

The fact is LSU did not dominate the Alabama game. Offense is important too. The best team ever(thread title) should have a great offense.

The reason I titled the thread like that was to grab peoples' attention. I don't actually think they're the greatest team of all time.

Couldn't disagree more. Who have they beat again? Something like 3 teams with winning records? No kicking game. A crappy QB. Not impressed. LSU's QB play is crap as well. Maybe top 10 but I wouldn't go top 5 best ever.

Funny..Before we keeled the Gators in the Fiesta Bowl, I didn't even think the '95 NU squad was one of OUR top 5 teams..And was very concerned about facing that stupid "Fun & Gun"..Did Florida make us look better than we were?

I'll go on believing we were the best of all time..either the '71 team or the '95 team, but there's no way of compairing different eras and no guarantee we would have wound up undefeated in some sort of playoff back then.

Couldn't disagree more. Who have they beat again? Something like 3 teams with winning records? No kicking game. A crappy QB. Not impressed. LSU's QB play is crap as well. Maybe top 10 but I wouldn't go top 5 best ever.

Why not?

Nope. Their offense is to pedestrian(compared to other historically elite teams) to be considered the greatest.

They've scored over 40 in every single game besides four - two of which were 38 and 35, respectively. Once an offense gets that high of production, the difference in a few points per game doesn't matter much, as final numbers are usually decided by second-string players. If you give up 10 points per game and are averaging 38 ppg, there's not much of a difference at all between that and 45 ppg if you ask me. Most definitely nowhere near pedestrian.