Legitimacy of injuries becoming an issue

Hate to rain on the parade, but didn't Suh flop in a game his Junior(?) year against Okie Lite (?) and we applauded him for it?

Who applauded him for it? I was embarrassed when I found out he faked it.

Some did IIRC

Well, those people shouldn't have done that.

The problem with faking injuries is that there are no rules against it in the NCAA. Can you really fault coaches for using stupid rules to their advantage?

Well, it's impossible to know if a player is faking an injury or not at the time, ergo making a rule against it is folly. I'm sure a referee could call unsportsmanlike conduct if he had proof the injury was fake, but how does he get that proof? You can't go back and review any penalty using the video equipment.

The only thing faking an injury does is lose respect for the player and, to some extent, respect for the team he plays for.

also, to point out yet ANOTHER misconception here, he didn't just jump right up and get back in the game, he sat out the rest of the series...

Has someone said he came right back in the game? I missed if they did.

I just don't get why we're still talking about this. It's a minor issue amid a major ass-kicking. It's like focusing on the laces not being straight up and down on a 60-yard field goal. Who cares - the ball still went through the uprights.

also, to point out yet ANOTHER misconception here, he didn't just jump right up and get back in the game, he sat out the rest of the series...

Has someone said he came right back in the game? I missed if they did.

I just don't get why we're still talking about this. It's a minor issue amid a major ass-kicking. It's like focusing on the laces not being straight up and down on a 60-yard field goal. Who cares - the ball still went through the uprights.

Nobody is arguing that Meechicken injury flopping cost us the game. But it’s a legitimate issue. And it negates our hurry-up offense. Not to mention it’s just plain poor sportsmanship.