I don't think there would be a clash of egos between Pelini and Stoops, at least any more than there is between Bo and Carl. Bo and Mike have been good friends since high school, and I think they'd probably just like the chance to reunite and work together again. At the end of the day, they're both fiery, competitive guys, and they're going to be focused on getting wins on the football field more than they're worried about any philosophical differences in coaching or scheme.

This is why I'm skeptical. Especially in a high pressure business environment like college football. Friendships take a backseat when the clock is running on the field dependent on winning results. Bo has no qualms about blowing his lid on his staff when things aren't going right during a game. Stoops is no different. That's the risk we'd have to consider. Butting heads with your brother is different than butting heads with your best friend.

I think we gotta go outside the program and hire someone. I dont think anyone on the current staff is worthy of being promoted. I dont see Bo taking on dual responsiblities as HC/DC. Yes, TO did it in his time but that was the better part of 15 years ago, times have changed.

We need to go after Mike Stoops he would be an excellent hire.

Times changing has little to do with it. It's about control for the coaches. Lane Kiffin pulls double-duty as HC/OC, yet he still pays an OC to consult with, but Lane is really calling the shots on offense. Gary Patterson is doing the same thing at TCU as HC/DC. They're still prevalent in today's landscape.

Personally I'd like to see Bo pull double-duty and reclaim full control of defensive play calling. He can promote JP to DC in title & money. This allows JP to have a "passenger seat" view alongside Bo, giving him experience for his own long term benefit if he wants to be HC elsewhere in the future. In that scenario I'd hire a new DL coach and relieve JP from Special Teams duty by handing it over to Ross Els since he pulled double-duty as LB and Special Teams coach at Ohio.

However if Bo wanted to go for the "splash" hire that most here are hoping for, then yeah, Stoops makes sense. I'm just skeptical that our sideline can handle having that kind of ego between the two of them working alongside each other. If our defense has any meltdowns like we had this season, Bo & Stoops going at each other's throats would be worse than Bo & Carl going at it. It's a risk/reward thing that needs to be considered in such a scenario.

I would go for this and then hire Tosh Lupoi from Cal to be our DL coach. I don't think he would come here, but I would love to try and get him.

I am all for the potential Mike Stoops hire, but here is a name I havent seen thrown out there.....Mike Ekler....

Mike was encouraged to leave here and by encouraged I mean told he would have a job as season's end.

Seemed popular to me... What would Mike have done that would have left to him being forced out the door? And how do you know?

I'll be nice and say philosophical differences.

I am all for the potential Mike Stoops hire, but here is a name I havent seen thrown out there.....Mike Ekler....

Mike was encouraged to leave here and by encouraged I mean told he would have a job as season's end.

Seemed popular to me... What would Mike have done that would have left to him being forced out the door? And how do you know?

da skers knows.

I'll be nice and say philosophical differences.

"Beating around the bush", and using broad phrases that could mean a lot of things does NOT make you credible.... Not saying you're not credible, but your recent comments give me doubts....

da skers knows.

I didn't know he knew, but now i know... ya know?

da skers knows.

I didn't know he knew, but now i know... ya know?

I know.

da skers knows.

Is da skers part of the staff?