No position is open at Nebraska, but say one were. Enticing to Stoops?

"Of course," Stoops told the Journal Star Friday.

"We're great friends, and I have great respect for Bo and what he's done."

http://huskerextra.c...cd088a7080.html

I would be really suprised if Bo doesnt talk to Stoops before hiring someone.

Bo will conduct the search/interview process very private/incognito. Remember last year how all the hirings/firings took place, I thought it was very strange.

Welp....not to start some more rumors..BUT I AM DOING IT! lol. I was at the gym this afternoon a guy working out overheard me talking about Nebraska and Carl Pelini. This guy stated that his sister has ties with a guy that knows some former Indianapolis d-tackle that had interviewed for the d-coordinator job at Nebraska about 3 weeks ago. His last name sounds like, "Riger" or "Rieger" or "Rooger." I asked the guy twice what his name was and that's all I got out of it. I google searched his name, but didn't come up with much. A bit interesting...but I wouldn't take it too seriously. Take it with a grain of salt....

All this talk of Mike Stoops as DC, I dunno. It would be a step down for him. He actually did pretty well At Arizona, considering what he started with. In the three years before Stoops took over, Arizona won a grand total of 3 games. Stoops won 23 games this past three years, and took them to 3 bowls. I think Mike Stoops gets the nod as HC somewhere. There are quite a few vacancies to fill. That said, he would be a HUGE get for us as DC. I just don’t see it happening.

All this talk of Mike Stoops as DC, I dunno. It would be a step down for him. He actually did pretty well At Arizona, considering what he started with. In the three years before Stoops took over, Arizona won a grand total of 3 games. Stoops won 23 games this past three years, and took them to 3 bowls. I think Mike Stoops gets the nod as HC somewhere. There are quite a few vacancies to fill. That said, he would be a HUGE get for us as DC. I just don’t see it happening.

I am actually getting a good feeling that Stoops might end up in Lincoln from some of the interview reports. They asked Stoops about Nebraska and stated that they are good friends. Sounds like he may consider...ya never know!

Reading through this thread something struck me about one of the main points of contention; some want a proven commodity from outside the program because they will bring more immediately but may move on sooner and some want a newbie who can be groomed and hopefully be a longer term part of the team. IMO it doesn't make much difference. Any DC who has success here, whether they are currently a big name or not, will be on HC short lists in the near future. The only issue to consider is who will do the best and quickest job for us in that position. So with that, I feel a Stoops or Zook type would be fine as long as they and Bo think they can work together, or if Bo wants to take back a more active role in the defense, I'm ok with that too. I don't get the feeling Bo is contributing much on the offensive side of the ball anyway.

Your point is valid. Perhaps another way to look at it though is maybe he wants a change of pace for now. In a few years he can pursue another BCS opening when he feels ready to be "head honcho" again.

As time goes on, I think people will eventually relax on their hatred towards Watson. If you take the crucial parts of the offense he had to work with, he didn't have that much to work with here. We're seeing the same kinds of drops from the receivers we saw last year. I thought it was coaching, but the proof is in the pudding. Gilmore wasn't the reason we can't catch the ball.

Ouch!

I thought it was Gilmore too. Wrong. We've been dropping passes all over the place for three years now. I just don't get it......

Your point is valid. Perhaps another way to look at it though is maybe he wants a change of pace for now. In a few years he can pursue another BCS opening when he feels ready to be "head honcho" again.

True enough. But if somebody wants *less* stress in their life, they probably don't take a job working for Bo Pelini.

New name, but think it is valid: Bob Shoop, Vanderbilt Defensive Coordinator.

Went from 100's to top 20 in total defense, #6 in interceptions this year. not a big name, but has shown big time results with the players vanderbilt had on hand. more impressive results than JP or anyone else on the defensive coaching staff so far.

Went from 100's to top 20 in total defense, #6 in interceptions this year. not a big name, but has shown big time results with the players vanderbilt had on hand. more impressive results than JP or anyone else on the defensive coaching staff so far.

Name is way too close to Bob Stoops. We'll have to pass.

touche. starl felini was my next choice.

touche. starl felini was my next choice.

Now you're just messing with me, huskrs12.