Man, is it just me or are there an unusually high number of firings in college football this year? Maybe it's a normal amount...I don't know. Hope we can capitalize on it with some big upgrades to our staff. There are at least 3 unemployed coaches out there right now who I'd love to see find a spot on NU's staff. I didn't feel that way last year I can guarantee you. Neither did Bo I'm guessing just by looking at who all he brought in...pretty underwhelming if you ask me. I know I'm dreaming, but if we could figure out a way to get these guys on staff, I'd say open up the purse strings to make it happen...

Stoops - - Defensive genius, the Stoops name, should know the B1G landscape given his roots, Bo's friend

Gill - - Offensive option genius, help with quarterbacks, Nebraska guy - could be his final destination, I'm assuming Bo's friend - definitely TO's friendlier

Zook - - Recruiting genius, knows the B1G landscape, not sure of his relationship with Bo

I know all of these guys are just coming off head coaching jobs, so the thought of all of them ending up as position coaches is pretty slim...especially at one place. But I doubt any of them is seriously considered for any descent head coaching jobs as they are all coming off of perceived failures at mid-low level head coaching jobs already. And we could get pretty creative with some job titles if we have to...co-coordinators, assistant head coach, associate head coach, etc. Plus two of the 3 have serious ties to the program. I'd take all 3 over any of our current assistants in just about any capacity.

Everyone needs to get off of the "Gill to Nebraska" kick.... It is amusing how so much of us think that because Gill is a Nebraska guy, Bo will/should bring him back. Bo doesn't give a Sh*t if Gill is a Nebraska guy. Bo and Gill aren't friends, never were, and Bo couldn't care less about Nebraska "ties".

Bo is a Nebraska type of guy, but he is not a Nebraska guy....Gill isn't coming to Nebraska, and I'm not so sure he would bring anything to the table.

And you know this because........

I dont agree with saying Gil doesnt bring anything to the table b/c he brings alot having been a long time assistant and now years as a HC.

But I dont think Turner is coming b/c he's already being looked at for HCing jobs. UAB is one place thats looking at him very hard. I feel he will be a HC somewhere next year.

This whole topic annoys me. when and I mean when....did we ever hear of osborne's staff leaving for a better gig....or opportunity.

Kevin Steele, Monte Kiffin, Warren Powers, Jerry Moore, Bill Myles, Tony Samuel. Just to name a few assistant coaches who left Osborne for other opportunities, both early in Osborne's career and late in his career.

Steele came in after Melton left....do your homework.....wasn't a nebraska guy. Samuel left towards the end....ur grasping at straws. The bulk of the staff stayed intact. That is what made the program what it is

The first rule of surprise parties is, you don't talk about surprise parties. Do I have to tell you the second rule?

"Those who talk about surprise parties get the ban hammer."

No. The second rule of surprise parties is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT SURPRISE PARTIES.

I can't believe you didn't get that reference. Classic movie, man.

I'm only 20, knapp! I don't watch the classics. I've never seen a move made after 2000. Didn't you know that?

I'm 21 and I've seen Fight Club. It's Ben Affleck, and you should watch it sometime. It gets a little long but a pretty good movie.

Man, is it just me or are there an unusually high number of firings in college football this year? Maybe it's a normal amount...I don't know. Hope we can capitalize on it with some big upgrades to our staff. There are at least 3 unemployed coaches out there right now who I'd love to see find a spot on NU's staff. I didn't feel that way last year I can guarantee you. Neither did Bo I'm guessing just by looking at who all he brought in...pretty underwhelming if you ask me. I know I'm dreaming, but if we could figure out a way to get these guys on staff, I'd say open up the purse strings to make it happen...

Stoops - - Defensive genius, the Stoops name, should know the B1G landscape given his roots, Bo's friend

Gill - - Offensive option genius, help with quarterbacks, Nebraska guy - could be his final destination, I'm assuming Bo's friend - definitely TO's friendlier

Zook - - Recruiting genius, knows the B1G landscape, not sure of his relationship with Bo

I know all of these guys are just coming off head coaching jobs, so the thought of all of them ending up as position coaches is pretty slim...especially at one place. But I doubt any of them is seriously considered for any descent head coaching jobs as they are all coming off of perceived failures at mid-low level head coaching jobs already. And we could get pretty creative with some job titles if we have to...co-coordinators, assistant head coach, associate head coach, etc. Plus two of the 3 have serious ties to the program. I'd take all 3 over any of our current assistants in just about any capacity.

Everyone needs to get off of the "Gill to Nebraska" kick.... It is amusing how so much of us think that because Gill is a Nebraska guy, Bo will/should bring him back. Bo doesn't give a Sh*t if Gill is a Nebraska guy. Bo and Gill aren't friends, never were, and Bo couldn't care less about Nebraska "ties".

Bo is a Nebraska type of guy, but he is not a Nebraska guy....Gill isn't coming to Nebraska, and I'm not so sure he would bring anything to the table.

And you know this because........

I dont agree with saying Gil doesnt bring anything to the table b/c he brings alot having been a long time assistant and now years as a HC.

But I dont think Turner is coming b/c he's already being looked at for HCing jobs. UAB is one place thats looking at him very hard. I feel he will be a HC somewhere next year.

Me too. I don't see Turner coming back here for a long time and even then it would be for an administrative position. (imho)

I'm only 20, knapp! I don't watch the classics. I've never seen a move made after 2000. Didn't you know that?

I'm 21 and I've seen Fight Club. It's Ben Affleck, and you should watch it sometime. It gets a little long but a pretty good movie.

It's Brad Pitt. And it's a great movie! C'mon man, you're 20, not 7. 1999 doesn't qualify as "the classics." You can get a pass for never having seen "Cleopatra" (1963) - but that is also a great movie and you should watch it.

And Drumline was pretty cool, too. Now I'm really off topic.

It's Brad Pitt. And it's a great movie! C'mon man, you're 20, not 7. 1999 doesn't qualify as "the classics." You can get a pass for never having seen "Cleopatra" (1963) - but that is also a great movie and you should watch it.

You really think that Cleopatra was a great movie? It was a huge flop in its time! It lost a ton of money-however, I think it was epic in relation to its off camera drama! ;)

<div>

This whole topic annoys me. when and I mean when....did we ever hear of osborne's staff leaving for a better gig....or opportunity. TO took good care of his coaches. It's about loyalty and it's all gone. Good riddance if this is true. Can't fault him...but damn..what's next??? Bo leaves for better gig....we start all over....I want Nebraska guys who want to stay here for the duration. Not jump ship at better opportunities. That is what has made our program what it is...or was before callahan! This sux!

Welcome to the 21st century. No matter who you are if you are good at your job you want to move up. Who wants to be in middle management for the rest of their life.

:blink:

haha my bad. I've been corrected already, and I do remember now it was Brad Pitt. Honestly not my favorite movie but still worth the watch.

Nenetheless, I grant myself one of these > :facepalm:

I was just joshin' you guys, zoogs.

This whole topic annoys me. when and I mean when....did we ever hear of osborne's staff leaving for a better gig....or opportunity.

Kevin Steele, Monte Kiffin, Warren Powers, Jerry Moore, Bill Myles, Tony Samuel. Just to name a few assistant coaches who left Osborne for other opportunities, both early in Osborne's career and late in his career.

Steele came in after Melton left....do your homework.....wasn't a nebraska guy. Samuel left towards the end....ur grasping at straws. The bulk of the staff stayed intact. That is what made the program what it is

Carl Pelini isn't a Nebraska guy anymore than Steele was. Monte Kiffin was a Nebraska guy, and he left. Warren Powers was, and he left too. Tony Samuel left after 1996, which was still before anybody knew Osborne was going to retire.

Osborne did have some guys stay around for a very long time, and that was extremely rare in that era, let alone right now. But even with that said, you don't have to grasp at straws to find high-profile assistants like Monte Kiffin or Warren Powers that left Osborne's staff for other opportunities. It's ridiculous to brand Carl leaving for a head coaching position as a display of disloyalty.