I cannot be the only one thinking this...

I don't think BC will be our #2 next year if he is here. I think he will probably still be here but I know it doesn't help when Cody Green is constantly texting him and other players on the team telling them they should bolt.

Okay, you need to expand on this a bit for me. So the guy is bitter about what happened here and trying to get guys to leave? Details please.

Sounds to me like you understand it just fine.

Yeah, but I was curious who he was texting. Where is that guy playing now?

I had a whole post planned to reply to many posts in this thread, but I just dont have the time for it. Instead i'll just hand out a big :facepalm: for the negative know-it-alls.

And by the way. Those still trying to drive the Carnes bus (tho it's already over the cliff), here's an honest question. Go dig up the numbers if you like but I have my Husker memory that I'll put up against anything. Tell me how many times Frazier, Frost, Crouch, Lord, and Ganz (no Taylor, sorry those years dont exist) were taken out of games that were only 3 td leads or less with at least half a quarter to go. We're not talking about 49-7 here. it's 20-0 then 20-7 with 3 minutes left. One play and we're hittin the panic button. I know we perceive things based on the hundreds of idiots that leave with 5-10 minutes left that the game is in hand when all they really care about is getting out to drink more.

He said he didn't care if he just hands it off. You apparently didn't see that part. Since you're busy digging up stats, why don't you look at the total snaps those QBs have taken. Most teams don't sling the ball around the field when their backup gets in. Darsh.

Um, I believe I said TWICE that just getting him in there to hand off doesn't really gain anything. All those other teams (except maybe Wisconsin) throw the ball a lot more than we do. So they would really have use of getting their backups some game-speed reps throwing against live competition. And now I have to look up more stats to prove your point? If you'd like to look up how many snaps they've actually taken to prove they are getting into the game, go ahead.

So you site Western Kentucky and then Okie State (115th ranked pass defense in 2010) as your 2 data points that Carnes must live up to? Very solid argument. Once again, people are just wondering why our backup never sees the field when there have been several occassions in which he could have gotten some snaps. Not sure why that's so hard for you to understand.

So I give you examples of how Martinez didn't need any mop-up snaps to play well and you dismiss it? And I'm the one who isn't responding to people's points?

Mavric, you've proven one thing to me.....you how how to look up stats.

All myself (and others) am saying is that if we were just going to hand off for those last three series, why isn't that something Carnes could have done? No one is calling for him to replace TM, just to to have a few reps in a live game. Because even though you apparantly chose to ignore my point and not resond to it, game time snaps are a whole lot different than practice. And if something does happen to TM, the more comfortable Carnes feels with the overall in game experience the better for us.

So you dismiss my points as "just stats" - without responding to them - then accuse me of ignoring people's points. Interesting. I did respond to your point - I don't think meaningless handoffs gain anything. If you think game-experience is critical, at least run the offense. Are you going to respond to my point about how it doesn't seem like other programs feel it's that necessary either?

I have to admit.I fell asleep in the 4th quater and awoke to the players shaking hands. Did not even know Iowa scored. I flipped over to the Arkansas/Lsu game and tried to go back to sleep. I could not do it,because there was some actuall action going on. That is the big tens style and it is falt boring. Always said it before Nebraska joined and will say it now. Granted happy with the win though. If Nebraska can run the table doing that style then so be it. But you have to admit. Big ten football is pretty boring. Alos again Rex carries the ball 30 plus times? Our backs must blow chunks if that is happening. I know Sexy Rexy is a stud,but isnt this his 2nd 30 carry game? OOH and also Lsu back up got into the game when it was over. How is that devolopment going with the QBS? Look forward to the spring game where carnes and kellog the 7th tear it up and Martinez goes 4 -15. Not understanding not devoloping the back up QB.

This thread just cements the fact that people are not happy unless they are unhappy with something.

Exactly.

Even if we played the most perfect game in the history of cfb (maybe something like a 127 - 0 win) NU fans would still find endless things to bitch, whine & sob about. It's simply our DNA.

Wow, I can't believe this thread.

Our offense lead time of possession 38 minutes to 22 minutes. Our offensive line dominated for once. The defense completely shut Iowa down. And our team bounced back from an embarrassing loss on a short week, and people still complain about the game being boring?

Yes, our offense was predictable, but we still controlled the ball and the clock. Who cares if we were predictable with results like that. We won convincingly, and I loved every minute of it even if it was "boring"

I am glad someone else feels that way. I was bored stiff today. Out offense ran the same plays over and over again. When we got up 20-0, the defense let up. I am glad Rex broke the carry record. But I wasn't exactly thrilled with the last carry, if you can call it that. I'm glad we won, but I sure had a hard time staying awake, especially with the game starting at 9:00 local time.

I swear to god if we run another toss sweep on 3rd and 1, I'm going to nuts.

I HAAAAATE that play call. You have Legate and Burkhead, just quick punch it up the middle or right off the tackle. Don't stretch the play out laterally for no god damn reason.

I like that call against this kind of defense with Burkhead. Burkhead is great at reading the D and making the right cut, even if we get a small push. The younger guys only run it well right now if there's a really big hole for them to see, and against better defenses, you're right, it's been proving less effective as the season goes on and teams are ready for it. But it worked fine today against Iowa.