I cannot be the only one thinking this...

I don't see where I said it would prepare Carnes for a pressure situation, nor did I say I'd be happy with a turnover.

As I said, some reps are better than no reps in my opinion. I just don't see how keeping Martinez in there late, when our sole purpose was to run the ball, does much of anything.

You didn't say either of those but I'm curious what your recation would be if either happened. I doubt you'd say "Well, at least we were trying."

So having Martinez in there to hand off doesn't accomplish anything but having Carnes in there doing the same thing would help? Doesn't seem to make much sense. We were getting some backups in by having Green and Abdullah in there. Too many things can go wrong when you put in a backup QB (fumbled snap, fumbled handoff, etc.).

I don't see where I said it would prepare Carnes for a pressure situation, nor did I say I'd be happy with a turnover.

As I said, some reps are better than no reps in my opinion. I just don't see how keeping Martinez in there late, when our sole purpose was to run the ball, does much of anything.

You didn't say either of those but I'm curious what your recation would be if either happened. I doubt you'd say "Well, at least we were trying."

So having Martinez in there to hand off doesn't accomplish anything but having Carnes in there doing the same thing would help? Doesn't seem to make much sense. We were getting some backups in by having Green and Abdullah in there. Too many things can go wrong when you put in a backup QB (fumbled snap, fumbled handoff, etc.).

You are too slow for this thread. Try the Suh thread instead. Or maybe try reading 3rd and Long's post above.

Because ANY game snaps are a whole lot different than practice. Big, big difference between Tuesday afternoon at practice and Saturday in front of 85,000. I don't care if he just handing off, at least he's managing the huddle and taking play calls from the sideline. It's just so different from practice, and at some time he may need to know what it feels like to be in there when it counts.

Stanford has won by 54, 30, 27, 26, 41, 30, 44 and 25 points this year. Their backup QB has thrown 8 passes.

Boise St. has won by 25, 20, 20, 50, 50 and 27 this year. Thier backup QB has thrown 19 passes.

USC has 21, 21, 25 and 23 points this year. Their backup QB has thrown 1 pass.

Oklahoma has won by 33, 56, 38, 30 and 51 points this year. Their backup QB has thrown 16 passes.

Wisconsin has won by 34, 35, 42, 49, 31, 52, 45 and 29 points this year. Their backup QB has thrown 15 passes.

We have a new offense, a sophomore QB who's going to be here for two more years (not a new QB next year like the teams listed above) and have won three games by more than 21 points. You're entitled to your opinion but it doesn't look like very many D-1 coaches agree with you.

• Fire 1

By the way, Martinez threw for 136 yards and ran for 127 yards and 3 TDs in his first-ever game action and threw for 323 yards and 5 TD to go along with 112 yards rushing the first time he played a ranked team so, if Carnes is as good as everyone seems to think he is, he shouldn't have any trouble being up to speed when he gets a chance.

Because ANY game snaps are a whole lot different than practice. Big, big difference between Tuesday afternoon at practice and Saturday in front of 85,000. I don't care if he just handing off, at least he's managing the huddle and taking play calls from the sideline. It's just so different from practice, and at some time he may need to know what it feels like to be in there when it counts.

Stanford has won by 54, 30, 27, 26, 41, 30, 44 and 25 points this year. Their backup QB has thrown 8 passes.

Boise St. has won by 25, 20, 20, 50, 50 and 27 this year. Thier backup QB has thrown 19 passes.

USC has 21, 21, 25 and 23 points this year. Their backup QB has thrown 1 pass.

Oklahoma has won by 33, 56, 38, 30 and 51 points this year. Their backup QB has thrown 16 passes.

Wisconsin has won by 34, 35, 42, 49, 31, 52, 45 and 29 points this year. Their backup QB has thrown 15 passes.

We have a new offense, a sophomore QB who's going to be here for two more years (not a new QB next year like the teams listed above) and have won three games by more than 21 points. You're entitled to your opinion but it doesn't look like very many D-1 coaches agree with you.

He said he didn't care if he just hands it off. You apparently didn't see that part. Since you're busy digging up stats, why don't you look at the total snaps those QBs have taken. Most teams don't sling the ball around the field when their backup gets in. Darsh.

• Fire 1

By the way, Martinez threw for 136 yards and ran for 127 yards and 3 TDs in his first-ever game action and threw for 323 yards and 5 TD to go along with 112 yards rushing the first time he played a ranked team so, if Carnes is as good as everyone seems to think he is, he shouldn't have any trouble being up to speed when he gets a chance.

So you site Western Kentucky and then Okie State (115th ranked pass defense in 2010) as your 2 data points that Carnes must live up to? Very solid argument. Once again, people are just wondering why our backup never sees the field when there have been several occassions in which he could have gotten some snaps. Not sure why that's so hard for you to understand.

Mavric, you've proven one thing to me.....you how how to look up stats.

All myself (and others) am saying is that if we were just going to hand off for those last three series, why isn't that something Carnes could have done? No one is calling for him to replace TM, just to to have a few reps in a live game. Because even though you apparantly chose to ignore my point and not resond to it, game time snaps are a whole lot different than practice. And if something does happen to TM, the more comfortable Carnes feels with the overall in game experience the better for us.

I don't think BC will be our #2 next year if he is here. I think he will probably still be here but I know it doesn't help when Cody Green is constantly texting him and other players on the team telling them they should bolt.

Okay, you need to expand on this a bit for me. So the guy is bitter about what happened here and trying to get guys to leave? Details please.

I don't think BC will be our #2 next year if he is here. I think he will probably still be here but I know it doesn't help when Cody Green is constantly texting him and other players on the team telling them they should bolt.

Okay, you need to expand on this a bit for me. So the guy is bitter about what happened here and trying to get guys to leave? Details please.

Sounds to me like you understand it just fine.

Martinez fumbles the ball more than any other player on the field and he handles the ball every play. Why not give Brion a chance to hand off the ball and go three and out? The chances of Brion fumbling a hand off are probably about the same as Martinez fumbling doing the same thing. Nebraska's offense was already in give up mode by the fourth quarter since we were winning anyway, so might as well get some snaps for the backup.