She failed on her own, and with the help of however many guys fathered her 15 kids.

She and the fathers have no doubt failed but what does it say about our society in general that these kind of lifestyles exist and must be thought of to some degree acceptable by those involved? From what little video was shown, she seems competent enough to know right from wrong, that is if she was brought up to believe that having 15 kids would end up being a bad choice. Maybe she thought each kid would be an additional child support or welfare check? Maybe her upbringing was much the same and she thought having lots of kids with little financial support was ok because the government or charities will take care of things. Honestly I have no idea of how she got to this point other then what the video showed but this is why we have the battle of welfare and what is too much government help vs what is too little. It appears she has an entitlement mentality but I want to know how she got to that point and how we can change that thought process in general. If she knew from the get go, that the money and support would run out, would she have had 15 kids?

It's easy to make fun of the situation and that mom and the dads. I know it was easy enough for me to do, but then you start thinking of those kids and imagining your own being in that same place and it breaks your heart seeing them living like that in America of all places. The real losers in all of this are the kids.

She failed on her own, and with the help of however many guys fathered her 15 kids.

She and the fathers have no doubt failed but what does it say about our society in general that these kind of lifestyles exist and must be thought of to some degree acceptable by those involved? From what little video was shown, she seems competent enough to know right from wrong, that is if she was brought up to believe that having 15 kids would end up being a bad choice. Maybe she thought each kid would be an additional child support or welfare check? Maybe her upbringing was much the same and she thought having lots of kids with little financial support was ok because the government or charities will take care of things. Honestly I have no idea of how she got to this point other then what the video showed but this is why we have the battle of welfare and what is too much government help vs what is too little. It appears she has an entitlement mentality but I want to know how she got to that point and how we can change that thought process in general. If she knew from the get go, that the money and support would run out, would she have had 15 kids?

It's easy to make fun of the situation and that mom and the dads. I know it was easy enough for me to do, but then you start thinking of those kids and imagining your own being in that same place and it breaks your heart seeing them living like that in America of all places. The real losers in all of this are the kids.

I see her a criminally negligent, of child abuse.

But does she understand that? That's the question.

It's too easy to look at something like this, which make no mistake is totally pathetic, and get riled up over an outlier. Mental illness also seems to be a factor here. If you would like to discuss mental health care in the US, particularly among those on the fringes of society that would actually be interesting.

But does she understand that? That's the question.

I would bet against it.

Or course she doesn't know better, how would she? It's her culture, she was brought up to be rewarded by having more children. This started back five, six, generations ago when we started paying people not to work, all they have time to do is make babies. Scary is that most of us working people have less children because it is expensive to raise them, while the non-working class have more chidren because they are not responsible for any of them. What is it going to be like in two or three generations? Her fifteen plus kids having 15 plus kids.

I would be a fan of volentery sterilization. I think we would be economically ahead if we payed her $25000 a year for the rest of her life in exchange for her ovaries when she was 25. It will never happen, but the burden of these kids is going ruin our country in a few generations. I do applaud her that 75% of kids have the same father, in my area that is an unusually high percentage.

It's too easy to look at something like this, which make no mistake is totally pathetic, and get riled up over an outlier. Mental illness also seems to be a factor here. If you would like to discuss mental health care in the US, particularly among those on the fringes of society that would actually be interesting.

I was also thinking along those lines. Everyone is drawn to the most outrageous examples.