Never Seen a Season with so little Excitement on the National Scene

+Boise. We'd be debating whether they or Alabama should be in if they hadn't lost in the 2nd week of November. It's odd that there's almost certainly no national championship ramifications today, but there have been all season. Yet another thread with no rational thought behind it.

Alabama would make Boise State look silly....As would LSU, and probably Okie State....

I'll tell you why a rematch is bad. Say Bama wins by 3. Do they deserve it more than LSU? LSU beat them on their field. It would be a tainted championship.

Does anyone think that Florida's 1996 championship was tainted? There were rumblings at the time, but by a year later I don't remember any, and I'll bet if I brought up their championship outside of this thread very few would have the reaction that it was tainted.

There was always a race...Oregon early, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Okie St, Stanford and Arkansas right up to last week. I really enjoyed this season.

The only teams that I ever considered in the race were Okie STate, ArKansas (reluctantly), Bama, LSU.... Wisconsin (no offense), Stanford, and OU nevered looked the part in my opinion.....

Wait...Arkansas looked more the part than OU? We must have watched two different seasons. Up until their first loss to TTU Oklahoma looked damn good. Arkansas on the other hand was always shaky

That is what I meant by "reluctantly" when I spoke of Arkansas. They were in position because of two reasons 1) the SEC label, and 2) by default.... I was never impressed with OU, they struggled against a poor FSU team.

+Boise. We'd be debating whether they or Alabama should be in if they hadn't lost in the 2nd week of November. It's odd that there's almost certainly no national championship ramifications today, but there have been all season. Yet another thread with no rational thought behind it.

Alabama would make Boise State look silly....As would LSU, and probably Okie State....

I agree. But they were definitely in the picture. That's all I'm saying.

I agree. But they were definitely in the picture. That's all I'm saying.

I agree with that.

The problem I have with a rematch is I'm not sure what it's going to prove. If LSU wins again, why didn't another team get a shot? If Alabama wins again, LSU beat them at home and they won on a neutral field. How does that prove which team is better?

I have not argument that those are the two best teams in the country. If you had a four- or eight- team playoff and those teams are in the finals, that's great. The way we have it, someone else should get a shot.

Where are all the people arguing that you shouldn't get to play in the title game if you didn't win your conference?

• Fire 1

The problem I have with a rematch is I'm not sure what it's going to prove. If LSU wins again, why didn't another team get a shot? If Alabama wins again, LSU beat them at home and they won on a neutral field. How does that prove which team is better?

I have not argument that those are the two best teams in the country. If you had a four- or eight- team playoff and those teams are in the finals, that's great. The way we have it, someone else should get a shot.

Where are all the people arguing that you shouldn't get to play in the title game if you didn't win your conference?

I don't understand the "give someone else a shot" argument. It is very obvious who the two best teams in th country are. You don't always have to prove your "championship stature" in November, but in the National Championship game it is necessary. So that is why I would be fine crowning Bama the champs if they won the NC game against LSU. Bama would have won it, when it counted the most.

Oh there was very much a race this year. It was LSU early, then they beat Alabama. It looked like it was going to be Oklahoma State vs. LSU for the National Title but on a November night, Oklahoma State fell to Iowa State and the can of worms opened.

Oregon, Stanford, Boise State, Alabama [again], Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech, Clemson: all these teams had legitimate title shots. Then Boise fell to TCU, Stanford fell to Oregon, Oregon fell to USC, Oklahoma fell to Baylor, and Clemson fell to North Carolina State.

I would have loved for a team outside of the SEC...say Clemson or Okie St. to have made a run. They did not. The one nice thing about all this is that it will only fuel the playoff fire.

Just look at the losses by the cotenders.

Stanford (lost to #9 Oregon)

Okie St. ( lost to unranked Iowa St.)

Virginia Tech ( got smoked by #20 Clemson)

Alabama ( lost to #1 LSU)

Now tell me who deserves to play LSU in the title game.

There was always a race...Oregon early, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Okie St, Stanford and Arkansas right up to last week. I really enjoyed this season.

The only teams that I ever considered in the race were Okie STate, ArKansas (reluctantly), Bama, LSU.... Wisconsin (no offense), Stanford, and OU nevered looked the part in my opinion.....

Wait...Arkansas looked more the part than OU? We must have watched two different seasons. Up until their first loss to TTU Oklahoma looked damn good. Arkansas on the other hand was always shaky

OU was all smoke and mirrors. They lost to TT and Baylor. Pullleeasse.

I would have loved for a team outside of the SEC...say Clemson or Okie St. to have made a run. They did not. The one nice thing about all this is that it will only fuel the playoff fire.

Just look at the losses by the cotenders.

Stanford (lost to #9 Oregon)

Okie St. ( lost to unranked Iowa St.)

Virginia Tech ( got smoked by #20 Clemson)

Alabama ( lost to #1 LSU)

Now tell me who deserves to play LSU in the title game.

Virginia Tech has a chance to avenge their only loss. If they win this time - when it counts the most - shouldn't that mean the first loss doesn't count and they deserve a shot at the national title as a major conference champion?