Houston vs. Southern Miss

HuskerShark

So how does a houston loss change the bcs picture?

Probably very little, like I said, TCU probably takes that spot unless they don't move into the top 16.

TCU will not get into the BCS.

Actually they can. If the conference champion of a a non-AQ conference is ranked in the top 16 and ranked higher than the champion of an AQ conference, they automatically qualify for a BCS bowl. So TCU needs to be in the top 16 and higher than West Virginia.

TCU will not get into the BCS.

Jeez man, read the thread, it's not that long, and tell me where I'm wrong about that.

I never said you were wrong. I said TCU will not get into the BCS, there's a difference. TCU will not move up by two spots. Houston will not drop 12 spots after losing to a ranked Southern Miss team. TCU needs about 3 other teams to lose today: Baylor, KSU, and Wisc/MSU. Plus they need to make sure that Clemson doesn't upset V Tech.

A situation could present itself where TCU makes it in, but I would put more chips on other things happening first. Voters will look at a TCU team that went 9-2, with a loss to an-unranked SMU team and rank them lower than teams with better resumes.

Depends on whether TCU moves up into the top 16 or not. If they do, they get Houston's spot.

Sorry but TCU is not going BCS bowling this year. They lost the first game of the season which means they are out. Maybe next year when they are in the Big 12.

Sorry, but if Houston loses, TCU just needs to move up 2 spots and they are automatically in. Who would they move ahead of? Houston, possibly. Maybe Georgia. Probably the MSU-WIsc loser. Baylor, if they lose to Texas. It doesn't matter how unworthy any of you or I think they are. They will be in by the BCS selection rules if they move up 2 places. If they don't move up 2 spots, they aren't eligible. I'm not stating opinion, this is fact, and not that phony fact people declare when they think their own opinions are mighty.

Unless Southern Miss jumps ahead of them.

they qualify for an at large bid. they have no guarantee's of getting that bid. Boise St is ranked higher than TCU and would likely get it over them. There are simply too many other teams that are more deserving of an at large bid. Stanford, OU, Oklahoma St, Arkansas, Michigan. The only times the little guys got in was when there weren't enough at large teams.

If you're not watching the Houston-Southern Miss game right now, you should turn it on. Southern Miss is up 14-0 in the 2nd quarter!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Houston loses that means a better bowl opportunity because another BCS spot would be opened, probably ensuring that Michigan gets in.

Before the football games started this morning I went on to espnu and they had a poll of who you thought would win today. I picked Southern Miss over Houston. because frankly, who did they really play this year? They are a good team but not BCS caliber in my opinion. I think they'll get a good bowl game though.

Depends on whether TCU moves up into the top 16 or not. If they do, they get Houston's spot.

Sorry but TCU is not going BCS bowling this year. They lost the first game of the season which means they are out. Maybe next year when they are in the Big 12.

Sorry, but if Houston loses, TCU just needs to move up 2 spots and they are automatically in. Who would they move ahead of? Houston, possibly. Maybe Georgia. Probably the MSU-WIsc loser. Baylor, if they lose to Texas. It doesn't matter how unworthy any of you or I think they are. They will be in by the BCS selection rules if they move up 2 places. If they don't move up 2 spots, they aren't eligible. I'm not stating opinion, this is fact, and not that phony fact people declare when they think their own opinions are mighty.

Unless Southern Miss jumps ahead of them.

they qualify for an at large bid. they have no guarantee's of getting that bid. Boise St is ranked higher than TCU and would likely get it over them. There are simply too many other teams that are more deserving of an at large bid. Stanford, OU, Oklahoma St, Arkansas, Michigan. The only times the little guys got in was when there weren't enough at large teams.

No, go read that link I put in post #4. It's automatic if they make the top 16.

Hurdler, they only need to move up 2 spots, not 3. You're right, it's not a given they will move up. Georgia could also move below them in addition to the others you list. I think they will be on the edge, just don't know if they will be 16 or 17.

Haven't watched Houston or Keenum much this year but after watching most of today's game I certainly can tell you Houston at #6 was one of the most overrated teams of the last 5 years and Keenum was overhyped also. Not sure this Houston team would be better than .500 in any major conference this year. Had a few things on offense but their defense was terrible.